Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m sure this topic has been touched on before in one way or the other. While I’ve had many handguns, I’m really not more than a causal hand gunner. I’m a lefty.

Given willing to spend $1500 +/- , recommend some 1911 10 mms from your experience. For casual shooting and deer hunting. I want a quality gun (who doesn’t?). Which are the best in this price range?

Thanks much.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lefty here too. And I require adjustable sights, especially on a 10mm. In that price range I’d vote for a Dan Wesson. Full size 5”. A Colt Delta would be just as good if you know a good gunsmith that can put adjustable sights on it and and ambi safety.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the PRK would allow it, I long ago would have owned a Dan Wesson Bruin and/or Razorback.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
💯 used Dan Wesson

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a Bruin and love it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ruger SR1911 Target

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
https://fusionfirearms.com/

These guys have options. I believe the founder came from DW when CZ bought them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't speak from experience, but this one has always appealed to me.

https://www.colt.com/series/DELTA_ELITE_SERIES

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by viking
https://fusionfirearms.com/

These guys have options. I believe the founder came from DW when CZ bought them.

Some good deals on Fusion 1911's listed on the gun broker site.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have a Ruger 1911 target that falls within your range and leaves money left over for mags, holsters and ammo. It shoots VERY well and has been 100% reliable. It’s not the prettiest gun I have but it’s nothing to sneeze at. I would also consider the DW as a more refined gun, but I have no experience with one (yet). I have a Les Baer premier II. That I bought used for just outside your price range. It makes me look like I can shoot well. Good luck in your search.

Old70

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would keep eyes out for a used Dan Wesson, or one of the new long slide models. They made/make several models in 10mm, and I would not hesitate on any of them. I remain very fond of mine, a Silverback, which has been discontinued for several years, and once in a while appears on the used market.

I’ll also add that this gun shoots very well with several loads from 180 gr. to 200 gr bullets, jacketed and hardcast. It really sings with the excellent 200 gr. bear/predator loads that Mackay Sagebrush sells here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...gonew/1/10-mm-bear-predator-loads#UNREAD

Last edited by GF1; 03/24/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like as of the Judge's recent ruling, they have to allow it.

Originally Posted by RickBin
If the PRK would allow it, I long ago would have owned a Dan Wesson Bruin and/or Razorback.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Yep, you buy any handgun in California now.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a Delta Elite that I like a lot and a friend bought the Ruger 1911 and it's very good too. I can't help with any deer hunting advice though.

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
A Delta would be nice to have for anyone’s collection, I just never seem to stumble across one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Yep, you buy any handgun in California now.

Not yet, but hopefully in the future. It’s funny…. The judge basically said the mag disconnect, lci, etc. violated the 2nd but not the “roster” itself so …. Even if his ruling sticks and isn’t appealed to the 9th circus we can still only purchase guns on the roster…. Difference being the state could not deny certain guns based on those unconstitutional requirements. Bunch of BS but still a “win”.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Find yourself an older Colt Delta Gold Cup National Match 🤘🏻

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Federal judge blocks key parts of California handgun law
A federal judge has blocked key provisions of a California law that drastically restricts the sale of handguns, saying parts of the legislation violate the Second Amendment

By STEFANIE DAZIO - Associated Press Mar 21, 2023 0
Justice g

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A federal judge on Monday blocked key provisions of a California law that drastically restricts the sale of new handguns in the state, saying parts of the legislation violate the Second Amendment.

A lawsuit challenging the law was filed last year by the California Rifle & Pistol Association and other gun rights supporters following a landmark 2022 decision from the U.S. Supreme Court that set new standards for evaluating firearm restrictions. The ruling left many laws aimed at regulating and limiting the sale and use of guns — in California and nationwide — at risk of being struck down.

U.S. District Court Judge Cormac Carney, sitting in Santa Ana, wrote Monday that California's requirements for new handguns are unconstitutional and cannot be enforced. Because of these restrictions, Carney wrote, no new models of semiautomatic handguns have been approved for sale since 2013 and Californians are forced to buy older and potentially less safe models.

He issued a preliminary injunction to take effect in two weeks, meaning the state would have to stop enforcing the law. The delay gives the state Department of Justice time to appeal.

“The fact of the matter is, California’s gun safety laws save lives, and California’s Unsafe Handgun Act is no exception,” Attorney General Rob Bonta said in a statement. “We will continue to lead efforts to advance and defend California’s gun safety laws. As we move forward to determine next steps in this case, Californians should know that this injunction has not gone into effect and that California’s important gun safety requirements related to the Unsafe Handgun Act remain in effect.”

In California, state law requires new handguns to have three components: A chamber load indicator, which shows whether the gun is loaded; a magazine disconnect mechanism that will stop the gun from firing if the magazine is not properly inserted; and microstamping capability so law enforcement can more easily link spent shell casings to the guns they were fired from.

"No handgun available in the world has all three of these features,” the judge wrote. “These regulations are having a devastating impact on Californians’ ability to acquire and use new, state-of-the-art handguns.”

https://www.kdrv.com/news/national/federal-judge-blocks-key-parts-of-california-handgun-law/article_e1c99ed7-8b2c-5281-9297-3b5f7c2dadec.html#:~:text=The%20ruling%20left%20many%20laws,unconstitutional%20and%20cannot%20be%20enforced.

Last edited by jwp475; 03/24/23.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jwp…. Re-read my post. The way his opinion is written does not make the roster itself void….. only the required for a gun to be placed on the roster…. Gun manufacturers will still have to submit their firearms to the state to be approved…. The only difference will be that they cannot be denied based on those features (mag disconnect, lci, micro stamping).

It’s all probably moot since the state will for sure appeal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,202
Posts18,485,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.