Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#18271706 03/23/23
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
This is only my thought

If everything is out in the open for everyone to see in plain sight.

My thoughts about Neck Tie's

They are just the noose around the necks of the owned and the people wearing them do not even know what about it.

I Know I Know I am just a Crazy idiot for thinking this way.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
An apostrophe shows ownership, i.e., the neck tie’s knot. Otherwise, it is neck ties.

Whadda you know!!??! Being a grammar Nazi is fun. grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I wear them when it suits me or the occasion calls for it. Never understood guys who won’t dress for the occasion. Don’t necessarily mean a jacket and tie but I seen guys show up for weddings, funerals and job interviews in baggy shorts and ratty T shirts.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mart
I wear them when it suits me or the occasion calls for it. Never understood guys who won’t dress for the occasion. Don’t necessarily mean a jacket and tie but I seen guys show up for weddings, funerals and job interviews in baggy shorts and ratty T shirts.

I wear one as well when society expects men to wear them.Weddings , Funerals , Court and if i went into a Church I would wear one as well there may be other occasions as well. .

I just had a thought about Symbolism and everything is out in the open for everyone to see.

A Neck Tie and a Noose kinda look the same to me.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by funshooter
This is only my thought

If everything is out in the open for everyone to see in plain sight.

My thoughts about Neck Tie's

They are just the noose around the necks of the owned and the people wearing them do not even know what about it.

I Know I Know I am just a Crazy idiot for thinking this way.

Well beyond crazy idiot, well beyond.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wear one as well when society expects men to wear them.Weddings , Funerals , Court and if i went into a Church I would wear one as well there may be other occasions as well. .

I just had a thought about Symbolism and everything is out in the open for everyone to see.

I think the neck tie is designed to bring attention to the face of the wearer. There are some times when a tie is appropriate. Just not many. I had to wear one when I went to court and I wore one when I worked at the school. I wore one with a winter uniform both as a civilian police officer and in the Army. I'm pretty burned out with the neck tie thing. I no longer want to bring attention to my face. I want to be just another "Joe citizen".

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by gregintenn
An apostrophe shows ownership, i.e., the neck tie’s knot. Otherwise, it is neck ties.

Whadda you know!!??! Being a grammar Nazi is fun. grin
You're right, but I see improper apostrophe use all the time. It's a doofus world.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by kwg020

I think the neck tie is designed to bring attention to the face of the wearer. There are some times when a tie is appropriate. Just not many. I had to wear one when I went to court and I wore one when I worked at the school. I wore one with a winter uniform both as a civilian police officer and in the Army. I'm pretty burned out with the neck tie thing. I no longer want to bring attention to my face. I want to be just another "Joe citizen".

kwg

I have been in Court 3 times and all 3 times the Attorney representing the side i was on asked me Why I was wearing the Tie.
I told them that i wore the Tie in Respect of the Court and the Judge . Several people thought that I was an Attorney I had to hold in the Laughs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Completely ridiculous clothing item - especially when most of it is tucked inside the wearer's shirt.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I very rarely do the suit and tie routine. But I like it every now and then.

As for ties, I hate working with them until everything is correct. I like the ties you get with a tux. They have the knot perfect and an adjustable band that fits under the collar.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wear them to show respect

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think ties are so twentieth century.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

kwg

I have been in Court 3 times and all 3 times the Attorney representing the side i was on asked me Why I was wearing the Tie.
[b]I told them that i wore the Tie in Respect of the Court and the Judge .
Several people thought that I was an Attorney I had to hold in the Laughs.
[/b]

I'm pretty sure that judges will hold an attorney in contempt if they show up in their court with no tie and jacket. I just know you don't want to be "that guy" if you showed up without them. In court, a tie and jacket won't hurt no matter who you are. At least it used to be that way. It's been 14 years since I was in a court room as a witness or prosecuting officer. I hope those days are long gone.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F

kwg

[b]I told them that i wore the Tie in Respect of the Court and the Judge .
Several people thought that I was an Attorney I had to hold in the Laughs.
[/b]

I'm pretty sure that judges will hold an attorney in contempt if they show up in their court with no tie and jacket. I just know you don't want to be "that guy" if you showed up without them. In court, a tie and jacket won't hurt no matter who you are. At least it used to be that way. It's been 14 years since I was in a court room as a witness or prosecuting officer. I hope those days are long gone.

kwg

I had to evict my girls son from living in a boat in my driveway.
I represented myself and the Bailiff thought that I was an Attorney.

Most of the people in that Court room looked like Crap just drug threw the streets.
I was ashamed of what people think is acceptable dress for a Court.
I wear grubby cloths 99% of the time working in the yard , welding and fab'ing stuff 7 building stuff.
But there is a time and a place to clean your self up to show Respect.

Maybe the next time I do Dress up I will think back to my post and remember my thought today.
Showing everyone the Noose around my Neck being owned by the Gooberment and not even knowing that I am doing it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't worn those kind of clothes since 9/9/95.
My wife has been told to not buy fancy clothes the put me in the ground.

I'm not of the white collar, suit wearing class,
don't need to pretend to be.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush Limbaugh 'No Boundaries' ties:

http://www.tiegal.net/electric_neckwear/electric_neckwear.php

TieGal, Inc. is the original designer of the Rush Limbaugh “No Boundaries” Collection. These power ties now carry the label of “Electric Neckwear.”

Ben Silver out of Charleston, SC has a fine regimental collection:

https://www.bensilver.com/Authentic-Regimental.html

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just won't go anywhere I have to wear one......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I wear ties frequently. Dressing nice and not looking like a bum is a good thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I wear ties frequently. Dressing nice and not looking like a bum is a good thing.

What, a Western bolo tie with a turquoise slide piece from a sidewalk rez merchant ain't fancy enough for you??

laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like to drees up, mostly Chruch.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.