Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I love the old pictures of a baseball game or train station where everyone there had on a dress or coat and tie. Now everyone looks like they just rolled their fat asses out of bed.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I love the old pictures of a baseball game or train station where everyone there had on a dress or coat and tie. Now everyone looks like they just rolled their fat asses out of bed.

My gramps wore a shirt and tie to work everyday. Prolly a suit some days…

American flag tie tack or lapel pin. He was a WWII vet.

On weekends he still wore a ironed button up shirt.

He may of been puttering around doing woodworking.. and his shirt may of had paint on it.

But it was still ironed when he put it on…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
At "The Warden"s 5 year cancer-free banquet, I wore my dress hat, boots, brown slacks, flaming pint shirt, and a black bow tie.
(Picture THAT, all you who have met me)
When appropriate to wear a tie, I often wear a paisley-looking tie. Those who observe closely see Yosemite Sam, Marvin Martian, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, and more in said "paisley" smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I come from people with stained, callused hands, and mine are too.
No apologies for it, proud in fact. I don't belong in those clothes and am
not comfortable in the company of those who do.
Used to be a man near Hazen,Ar. that wore a tie every day, with his overalls and work boots. A farmer all of His life. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Wrapids
An apostrophe shows ownership, i.e., the neck tie’s knot. Otherwise, it is neck ties.

Whadda you know!!??! Being a grammar Nazi is fun. grin
You're right, but I see improper apostrophe use all the time. It's a doofus world.
Nothing doofus about the apostrophe. It completely changes the meaning of the word. There's a big difference between possessive and plural. You need to say what you mean. Our modern schools are turning out a generation of illiterates.
^^^^^^^^^👆👆🏻👆

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

He may of been puttering around doing woodworking.. and his shirt may of had paint on it.

My granddad was the same way. I never saw him in a pair of jeans either. Always a pair of slacks and a pressed shirt, even if we were working sheep or cows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

My uncle Guiher pretty much always wore a shirt and tie with dress pants if he was going to do business on the square. (down town Winterset is on a square around the County Courthouse) Only in the summer did he wear a short sleeve shirt with no tie. My friend's uncle Clyde always wore a shirt and tie, other than the hottest days of summer. Those guys were young men in the WWI and between the war's years. It apparently was a personal tradition and they carried it until their final days.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't mind wearing ties but I prefer clip-ons.
A big faux pas by some I know but here are my reasons.

1. self defense wise, noone can grab ahold of the tie effectively turning it into a noose!

2. I don't feel strangled!

3. My OCD demands the knot to be perfect so a clip-on is the answer for me!

Last edited by MPat70; 03/24/23.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My Grandfather never wore a tie or suit in his life, he died at 98 years old in 1958, my mother and aunts tried to get all his sons to wear ties at his Funeral, none did, 3 months later Grand Mother died at 98 years old none of the boy's wore a tie at her Funeral, I asked a couple of them why no tie their answer was they never saw us with a tie on when they were alive, we would be hipocrites (ms) to wear a tie here. All 11 boys and 2 girls, shed tears. Respect and love is what counts not ties. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by CCCC
Neck ties are the topic, and the discussion has turned more to apparel in general. - - - - - -
?
My post could be construed to denigrate those who are in white collar positions.
It wasn't actually. I guess I did mean it to put down those who are Dressing Up.
I come from people with stained, callused hands, - - - - - - -
Not at all taken that way - fine post. I, too, come from folks with stained callused hands and understand.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Wrapids
An apostrophe shows ownership, i.e., the neck tie’s knot. Otherwise, it is neck ties.

Whadda you know!!??! Being a grammar Nazi is fun. grin
You're right, but I see improper apostrophe use all the time. It's a doofus world.
Nothing doofus about the apostrophe. It completely changes the meaning of the word. There's a big difference between possessive and plural. You need to say what you mean. Our modern schools are turning out a generation of illiterates.
And proper in this case is neck-ties, without the apostrophe. The neck-tie "posses" nothing.
It's akin to using "caliber" to denote the cartridge a rifle is chambered for.

Last edited by Wrapids; 03/24/23.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,540
Posts18,472,850
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.