Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I have a set of 12x50 Cabelas Meopta binoculars that have some minor issues that I’m going to send to Meopta for possible warranty work. My question is, how much better are current Meopta binoculars or even Swarovski SLC binoculars because I may just go ahead and upgrade. Thanks in advance.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My understanding is Meopta will not warranty them. Has something changed?

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I contacted Meopta and was told to send the binoculars in and they would be “evaluated”. Regardless, I’m considering upgrading and that’s why I’m looking for opinions on the Gen 1 Meopta vs Swarovski SLC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If you want to save money buy the Meopta that is its only advantage.

Let me add that I have had the following B1 Meopta binoculars. 7x42,8x42,8x56 and 10x42(which my brother now owns)

I have used a Swaro SLC 8x42 and 10x56 for deer hunting the last few years. Yeah they were worth every penny.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/22/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cabela's chose to NOT contract with Meopta for warranty work. I know you can send items to Meopta for repair but it comes at a cost. I believe it's been 4 years now since Meopta made products for Cabela's. As others have said and I concur, spend the money and buy a quality bino that has a lifetime warranty from a reputable company.
If you do want to upgrade to a MeoStar, reach out to Doug and I bet he can help you out. He treats Campfire members very well.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bman940
Cabela's chose to NOT contract with Meopta for warranty work. I know you can send items to Meopta for repair but it comes at a cost. I believe it's been 4 years now since Meopta made products for Cabela's. As others have said and I concur, spend the money and buy a quality bino that has a lifetime warranty from a reputable company.
If you do want to upgrade to a MeoStar, reach out to Doug and I bet he can help you out. He treats Campfire members very well.

Always our pleasure to assist wherever and however we can.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I still can't believe Bass Pro screwed over Cabelas customers and got away with it like they did. That's pathetic.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wait until you take your bino back to Cabela's because they have a lifetime warranty, and they tell you that they consider the lifetime of the bino to be five years! Then you'll go ballistic.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's horrible. I bought the Euro line from Cables in both binos and a scope. I hope I don't have issues. However, I have a high opinion of Meopta glass. Nobody can touch for the same money. Also, I'll add Nightforce SHV sucks a mean a$$.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wait until you take your bino back to Cabela's because they have a lifetime warranty, and they tell you that they consider the lifetime of the bino to be five years! Then you'll go ballistic.

Lolol….if they told me that you’re damn right I’d go ballistic. If 5 years was the intent then they should say that but something tells me that any judge presented with those facts would not agree that Lifetime warranty actually means 5 years.

Several years ago I bought an electronic dog collar for our lab. It cost me around $350 iirc and I bought the extended warranty for $50 through Cabelas which gave me an additional 2 or 3 years of full coverage. After a few years the collar started acting up and not performing like it should. I’m pretty good about keeping the boxes of higher cost items along with the receipt that I tape to the inside box flap. I was about 2-3 months from the end of the warranty when I took it back to the store. They had done away with the option of purchasing additional warranty coverage a year or so prior and the clerk began to squawk so I requested the manager. The manager explained that they no longer offer additional warranty coverage, as if that made a damn bit of difference, and he didn’t want to honor the warranty. I showed him the receipt, the additional warranty and the highlighted text that stated what I was entitled to based upon their product breaking and the contract for the extended warranty. I was polite but firm when I told him that he’ll either honor their commitment or I’ll swap it out myself since I bought and paid for this “privilege”. In fact I had the exact same brand new unit in my hands at the front counter for the exchange.

It was resolved…finally when he “decided” to honor the contract and exchange their broken unit for the new one…all under the terms of THEIR contract. You’d think that those son of a bitches had to pay for the returns out of their own pockets. It left me with a foul taste for Cabelas…or Bass Pro or whatever they are now.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Thanks for the advice

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It is crazy how hard it is to get some companies to honor their warranty. When I did some work for Nikon ( lifetime warranty), I had to buy 2 scopes for an event, and they tried to sell me at check out an extended warranty. I told the gal, these scopes shave a lifetime warranty, and she looked at me as if she didn't understand. So I replied, no, I do not need 2-lifetime warranties. Then again, who knew Nikon would stop making scopes or fixing them?

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I got screwed by BPS when I was told my Cabela’s waders and boots lifetime warranty would not be honored at Cabela’s per policy change by azzsuck Johnny Morris and his BPS shills.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’s a Cabela’s?

If I ever heard of such a place. I’ve long forgotten them as a source for anything other than a place to find oneself frustrated.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Look at the way the Cabelas stores are being maintained. The floors and furnishings are worn out, half the lights in the buildings don’t work, the sidewalks and parking lots are full of potholes…at all of their locations! Johnny Morris is behaving like a slumlord. He bought a bunch of good properties and is skimming all the profits and depreciation he can. He is selling products which are wallyworld quality, under the respected Cabelas name, for premier goods prices. He has no intention of honoring any warranty. He will run the brand into the ground, Cabelas will declare bankruptcy and then the properties will set empty like the shopping malls and other chain store such as Shopko, KMart, etc.

Damn hillbilly!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Look at the way the Cabelas stores are being maintained. The floors and furnishings are worn out, half the lights in the buildings don’t work, the sidewalks and parking lots are full of potholes…at all of their locations! Johnny Morris is behaving like a slumlord. He bought a bunch of good properties and is skimming all the profits and depreciation he can. He is selling products which are wallyworld quality, under the respected Cabelas name, for premier goods prices. He has no intention of honoring any warranty. He will run the brand into the ground, Cabelas will declare bankruptcy and then the properties will set empty like the shopping malls and other chain store such as Shopko, KMart, etc.

Damn hillbilly!

^^^^^^^^^He also owns most of the malls where BassPro is located. The way that Cabelas sale was orchestrated stinks to high heaven.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i have a scope there now and they want 350.00 to fix it...i dont care who sold it the box and all the literature says Meopta and covered for any reason...if you go to there web site it says the same thing and doesnt exclude any particular product so how can they refuse its their product

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cabelas under Bass Pro has gone down the toilet but so has Sportsman’s Warehouse. I went in to the closest SW a couple weeks ago and was blown away by their prices…they were more than Cabelas on everything. The other intelligent business decision that some douchey bean counter made was to eliminate the salmon and bottom fishing gear so we can expand our bass and panfish section adding a much bigger display of crank baits 😂

Nice job DIPSHITS…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Cabelas under Bass Pro has gone down the toilet but so has Sportsman’s Warehouse. I went in to the closest SW a couple weeks ago and was blown away by their prices…they were more than Cabelas on everything. The other intelligent business decision that some douchey bean counter made was to eliminate the salmon and bottom fishing gear so we can expand our bass and panfish section adding a much bigger display of crank baits 😂

Nice job DIPSHITS…

I have one 10 miles from here, My biggest purchase has been some ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I still can't believe Bass Pro screwed over Cabelas customers and got away with it like they did. That's pathetic.

Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

Damn hillbilly!

Cabela's used to have some good stuff, clothing, equipment, gear etc. They started going down hill right before Wal Pro bought them out and sharted all over the quality. They got rid of a lot of good stuff and the remaining is no where near the quality....as they run it into the ground.
Lifetime warranty is history, now it's 90 days. RIP Cabela's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (10ring1, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 37 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,500
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.