Ray's Hardware and Sporting Goods
730 Singleton Blvd. Dallas

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Rays, sure brings back memories, bought a lot of guns there in the eighties, go to stock yards in Ft. Worth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ft Worth has better tourist attractions than Dallas. The stockyards, a walkable downtown; if your trip covered a Saturday I would recommend a tour of Bass Hall. Joe T Garcia’s is an incredible setting for a Mexican food; like an outdoor Mexican paradise; but the food is mediocre; be prepared to stand in line to get a seat (30-60 mins); bring cash, Joe T’s doesn’t take plastic.

The Dallas Arboretum is considered the most beautiful park in America - it is truly magnificent. Admission Fee $$.

The MLB season will have started when you are here. The Rangers play the Cubs on the 9th and the Royals on the 10th-12th. Their stadium is in Arlington between Dallas and Ft Worth.

Tour the Cowboys stadium.

If you are a shopper, go to NorthPark Mall (US75 @ Northwest Hwy/Loop 12). It has several high-end boutiques. Big Neiman-Marcus store. Or for a smaller more intimate stop, go to Highland Park Village (Preston Rd at Mockingbird Ln). Oldest shopping center in America. Excellent Spanish architecture. The Beretta store is at HPV.

There is a Cabela’s in Allen, a northern suburb of Dallas and a Bass Pro in Grapevine just north of DFW airport.

As far as nice areas to see, drive down Swiss Avenue in east Dallas near downtown. Incredible old restored homes. You can drive down the street and gawk. None of the houses are open for tour.

If you are out driving, then circle around White Rock Lake. A small fairly nice lake inside the city. It is adjacent to the Arboretum.

The Trinity River Audubon Center is not far south of downtown. Probably the largest urban forest in America. Huge. Very much untouched nature. You may see some wild game there.

If you enjoy art, the Dallas Museum of Art is downtown; pretty good museum. And walk over to Clyde Warren Park - built over a freeway; lot of people gather there.

If you like walking, get on the Katy Trail headed north out of downtown. Stop for a drink or meal at the Katy Trail Ice House - nice place to relax outdoors. You can also drive to the Ice House.

If you are into rubbing shoulders with the rich people, eat at Dunston’s Steak House located on Lovers Lane. Down to earth; not fancy. You might see Jerry Jones or Troy Aikman there.

There is an entertainment district named Deep Ellum (Elm Street) just east of downtown. Be careful - it can be rough. North Dallas is the good area. Except for places I have mentioned, you want to stay out of east, south and west Dallas.

Skip the zoo - it is not good and it is in Oak Cliff (not a good area).

I suggest you avoid using the DART transit system. Too small to effectively cover the DFW metroplex. You might find homeless people hanging out on the trains and using the trains for bathrooms. This is the result of a minority-led government in a non-Republican city (I said that nicely, didn’t I?)

Fair Park, the State Fair grounds, is pretty blah. Some of the world’s best Art Deco architecture - but that’s all.

Dealey Plaza is a so-so attraction. More could have been done, but to be honest most Dallasites would just as soon forget this tragedy because of the hatred that was spewed toward Dallas from the rest of the nation.

Enjoy your time in Big D. Safe travels.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^ Double up on your auto insurance. Crazy rude drivers.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DMc

No one reads the OP anymore.

-I will have my company paying for a rental

-I am looking for attractions or food NEAR THE FOOKIN AIRPORT WHERE I AM STAYING AND WORKING

-I can make maybe one trip further than 30 mins from the airport, no more than an hour, during non-business hours

Narrow your DB query, gents...

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Few ever did and many here struggle to read at all.

I didn't see where you indicated DFW, Love, or DEI airports. If DFW and you have a taste for asian food, there are a few top notch Chinese and Vietnamese restaurants not far away. Hurtado BBQ is also close. For music, there is usually something going on at Levitt Pavilion.

If Love you'll be downtown. Bishop Arts is a better neighborhood for normal people than Deep Ellum mentioned above. Apart from Terry Black's BBQ there isn't much else unless you want to get drunk around trannies or get a face tattoo. Also downtown the JFK museum is good as is the Dallas Museum of Art. All of this is reachable from DFW as well just a bit more of a drive.

Reunion Tower has a good nighttime view of the city, but the view from the bridge on Beckley Ave is just as good and easier to get to. If you visit the bridge at night, don't drive down to the Trinity park below unless you need some heroin.

If you like Bishop Arts and want to move there, I know of a couple houses for sale....

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Check out Congo Street, I did. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DMc

-I am looking for attractions or food NEAR THE FOOKIN AIRPORT WHERE I AM STAYING AND WORKING

-I can make maybe one trip further than 30 mins from the airport, no more than an hour, during non-business hours

Guess what DB he never said which airport so if it is Love Field above responses apply.
If it is DFW airport then the Grapevine responses apply as that town is right in the airport almost.
From DFW airport you have Grapevine, Irving, Arlington, Richland Hills, Southlake, etc for towns to go and check out.
The Grapevine/ Southlake area has tons of restaurants, way better than Joe T's, and shops.
Downtown Grapevine has great shops and wine tasting rooms, I believe the train from the airport goes right South end of Main St now.
Southlake area has tons of shopping and restaurants too.

You might fond public transit to Dallas from the airport, train or bus. Both can be entertaining to say the least.

Avoid rush hour traffic around Grapevine/ Southlake.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wytex
Originally Posted by DMc

Guess what DB he never said which airport so if it is Love Field above responses apply.

If I was flying into Chicago and asked for sheit near the airport I'd assume everyone knows I'm flying into ORD. If it was MDW I'd let you know I was flying into the ghetto.

I'll be in Irving. And not traveling more than 30-40 mins for anything. So sheit to visit in OKC is irrelevant. And while we're at it, fly to GFY. Free [bleep] necklaces when you arrive.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
You might fond public transit to Dallas from the airport, train or bus. Both can be entertaining to say the least.

Going to love all of that from a company provided rental car. Should I sign up to be an Uber driver with the company rental while in town? Does my personal vehicle insurance cover it if I am driving a company provided rental insured by the rental agency while using for commercial use? So confused.

Dear Texans, I don't want to meet anyone from 24hrCF who is from TX. You're dense. The end.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And while we're at it, fly to GFY.

GFY is in Namibia, so for things to do you can fight natives for bananas or join the search for clean water.

As far as what specific part of Dallas you fly into it doesn't matter much to respondents to this thread. Wherever you are going you should go somewhere else. People will have been there 40 years ago and they saw a gay guy, or there was more traffic than in their podunk hometown so they hated it, or they saw on a map the county voted blue, or they read a mugging story once. It doesn't even matter that it is Dallas. There is a lunch place across from this one stoplight in a town you'll never go to that is way better than anything you'll ever get no matter where else you go.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jackson Armory and the Beretta Store in Highland Village. Used to be a awesome little Italian restaurant in Highland Village too. Don’t know if it’s still there. Been several years since I last ate there.
Saw Dion Sanders once in the Beretta Store. He was trying to order a “bejeweled” jigged up 686 O/U. 🤪

He was, though, a very nice and cordial guy. I was pretty shocked at how down to earth he seemed. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I would go to Dealy Plaza and line up the real shots. South end of the overpass and a couple places along the grassy knoll fence. And skip the 6th floor bullshit.

I was there in January. Standing on the headshot X in the road.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Turkey shoot.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Saw Dion Sanders once in the Beretta Store.

Never heard of her.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
80 something yards. Even something my blind ass can do with open sights at 28ish MPH, never mind a scope.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Wherever you are going you should go somewhere else.

Try telling my employer that. If I wanted to go to the land of retards, TX was their first pick.

#imissflave

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Dear Texans, I don't want to meet anyone from 24hrCF who is from TX. You're dense. The end.

LOL !! Don't know if it's the Texas in them or the Campfire in them......LOL

Just stay at the bar and drink !

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Wherever you are going you should go somewhere else.

Try telling my employer that. If I wanted to go to the land of retards, TX was their first pick.

#imissflave

On 2nd thought, forget Grapevine, South Oak Cliff sound like a good option for you.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Going to love all of that from a company provided rental car. Should I sign up to be an Uber driver with the company rental while in town? Does my personal vehicle insurance cover it if I am driving a company provided rental insured by the rental agency while using for commercial use? So confused.

I believe your best option is to watch tv in your rock and night and order room service.

Better for everybody.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Stand on the grassy knoll, look up at the window and decide if you could have made the shot.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (153, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,693
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.