Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The NAD increased my dopamine levels was noticed immediately. Im 80, my neighbors call me the Everready bunny

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
GB4

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
This is the kind of outpatient medicine care Medicare should be doing, not sending out surveys to see how they are doing, or making deals with large insurance companies or refusing payments on prescription drugs.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'd smoke dope every day if it didn't make me a dope. So I drink alcohol every day and am fat n lazy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by smokepole
I answered this post for another reason.

Any talk about weed, good, bad or medicine is really,, really old time. Peptides are the future, and one of the reasons weed has fell behind in projected sales, except as recreational use. At least it keeps the money home.

its use as a medicinal is limited simply due to fewer receptor sites.

Have you seen any of the studies on its effect on prostate cancer cells? Apparently those have cannabinoid receptor sites.

this is a can of worms, because we have to start with what current Urologists call cancer. What is cancer, its a bunch of hungry cells that reproduce far to fast and steal all of the food. Its not an out of whack PSA. Lets treat it like that for a moment and see what the "cure" would be. Enlarged prostrate starts because of DHT, because the body is starving for testosterone it corrects the condition by making a hormone 10x stronger. Dihydrotestoserone, which causes the swelling not to too much testosterone as put forth by urologists. ok start a topical test cream. OK lets use one of those nasty synthetic hormone blockers, finasteride for a couple of weeks. Holy [bleep] I can pee again.
those body cells must not be recognizing those synthetics. Ok lets starve those cancer cells with a few days of fasting. No glucose for youse guys, Hmm cell sample under microscope still show a few abnormal. THERES WILL ALWAYS BE A FEW ABNORMAL.

Use cannabinoid is still working in the same circle as the old hat urologist mentality

The studies I've read say that the cannabinoids attach to the cannabinoid receptors, starve the cancer cells, and cause apoptosis.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. America would be a far healthier, better place if everyone incorporated some cannabis/hemp into their physiology. Mentally and physically. Out.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Again this depends on what you call cancer cells. Thats certainly a reasonable mechanism. I have a problem with the first assumptions. Whats cancer. Using cannabinoids doesn't change the basic hormone problem and any pain/bladder improvement would take far longer than finasteride, which works immediately.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good news for those of you with high blood pressure, who don't want to take pharmaceuticals for it:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33483174/
A positive effect on blood pressure, but no one should get too excited... not much of a reduction.

I've read the study (and others) and while a statistically significant reduction was observed, the effect size was very small (i.e. the reduction in blood pressure was rather trivial, only 4.5 to 5 mm Hg)

John

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jpb
Good news for those of you with high blood pressure, who don't want to take pharmaceuticals for it:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33483174/
A positive effect on blood pressure, but no one should get too excited... not much of a reduction.

I've read the study (and others) and while a statistically significant reduction was observed, the effect size was very small (i.e. the reduction in blood pressure was rather trivial, only 4.5 to 5 mm Hg)

John

First of all, I posted that as more of a joke than anything, to rile up the old geezers on here.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There has been a root used for thousands of years in the world called Ashwagandha,
used to relieve stress. Its active ingredient is a GABA.

Had Ashwagandha included in my herbal tincture formulas decades ago..
.. in terms of modern pharmaceuticals, said to have inducer effect
on GI and hepatic CYP450.
For prodrugs(activation by CYP450) and drugs(metab. by CYP450)
is there reasonable risk for adverse reaction or therapeutic failure respectively?

The popular St Johns Wort is known as a potent CYP450 inducer significantly
lowering blood plasma level of certain drugs. Ie; Warfarin efficacy is reduced ,
but in the case of another blood thinner; clopidogrel (prodrug)
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center reports potential for
amplified efficacy/increased bleeding.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. America would be a far healthier, better place if everyone incorporated some cannabis/hemp into their physiology. Mentally and physically. Out.

what ever help they got from it, is insignificant, compared to the gain in health etc. if everyone took probiotics. Dont even get me started on vitamins.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Starman

There has been a root used for thousands of years in the world called Ashwagandha,
used to relieve stress. Its active ingredient is a GABA.

Had Ashwagandha included in my herbal tincture formulas decades ago..
.. in terms of modern pharmaceuticals, said to have inducer effect
on GI and hepatic CYP450.
For prodrugs(activation by CYP450) and drugs(metab. by CYP450)
is there reasonable risk for adverse reaction or therapeutic failure respectively?

The popular St Johns Wort is known as a potent CYP450 inducer significantly
lowering blood plasma level of certain drugs. Ie; Warfarin efficacy is reduced ,
but in the case of another blood thinner; clopidogrel (prodrug)
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center reports potential for
amplified efficacy/increased bleeding.

c450 can act as an inducer and inhibitor depends on which article you read. Biggest problem with all botanicals, depending on their state of preparation, can have several pharmacological outcomes. Ash can take up to 90 days to work. GABA works immediately and is dose related.
Take Benadryl 50-100 mg standard dose as an example. To high a dose for me, so I take a Tagamet to block the c450 at get the pharmacology of 100 Benadryl without the side effects. As a bonus I get histamine blockage from the Tagamet and no upset tummy.
I don't think on the street medicine is up to this type of prescribing. Non-compliance of therapeutic medicine is the number one drug problem in the US. Bet you've never heard that before. People will not take responsibility for their own disease/ilness.

Besides protein/peptide drugs the biggest change today is in the Microbiome, or how the microorganism's in the gut interact.

Both of these fields are under Bioinformatics which is using AI to correlate the information. A recent AI computer just passed the NY medical exam test.

Bacteria are your friend

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
St, Johns Wort has the biggest list of drug interactions I've ever come across. Wouldn't touch it.

Ash takes to long to work, up to 90 days, GABA works right now

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'd expect nothing less from a guy named Weed.

Thanks, Smokepole.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by slumlord
Old people don’t need to be smoking dope. They gave everyone else shît all their lives about it and now they wanna partake?

Mmmm naw.

LOL, "old people" these days grew up in the 60's and 70's. Plus, I think I read that CBD is the compound that works best, so old people don't need to smoke dope anyway.
Old people constantly whining about their their aches and pains are WHY chronic pain folks cannot have access to opiates.

Every little bump and booboo was seen to by a darvocet or perc, tylox, lortab.

Those bastards had access to barbiturates, quaaludes, you name it.

Family doc could write you a little sweet note and get your ass out of viet nam and another note for all the happy pills you wanted.

Good times
Seriously, how old are you that you know WTF was going on in Vietnam? Or are you just regurgitating?

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take Benadryl 50-100 mg standard dose as an example. To high a dose for me,
so I take a Tagamet to block the c450....

Animal lovers are claiming near miracle results with
a proclaimed anti cancer 'Benadryl/Tagamet protocol'.
Unfortunately it all seems to be based on personal stories
posted on Fakebook.
The H1/H2 receptor blocker effect of the abovementioned
does seem to reduce some cardinal signs of inflammation ,
which dog owners are quick to perceive as remission of
mast cell tumors common in dogs.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Interesting
I started using this combination 20 years ago when cimetidine first came out

While diphenhydramine is listed as an antihistamine, its primary pharmacology is in the lymphatic system working on T cells. So Im not surprised people are trying it for this.

The pharmacotherapeutics of a lot of drugs haven't been studied -no money in it. An example of one, which Im sure readers are familiar with is acetaminophen. Many speculations as to its analgesic action.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmmm?

I had a long lasting cough after a bout with the Corona this past winter. Also experienced a really itchy back at night before falling asleep, which started weeks after the tests came up negative. Perusing the internet in an attempt to find out if others were having the same itching symptom, I ran across an item that pointed to some anecdotal info from, of all places, a FB group of a couple of women that a Dr was investigating.

No mention of Tagamet, but their use of benadryl for some of their itching symptoms intrigued me, and they had been reporting a lessening of other long covid symptoms ( some reportedly due to mast cell issues) . We had some benadryl around the house so I took some with the hope of alleviating the itchy back. Lo and behold, the cough went away within a couple of days.

As you said, a sample of one, but I'm keeping the benadryl around for future use.

Last edited by Valsdad; 03/29/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The largest users of diphenhydramine are mommies who use it to make their kids sleepy at bedtime. Blocks acetylcholine. No CNS effects. No barbiturate habituation.

Getting back to cannabinoids --- When they have been around as long as some of the mentioned drugs, have the safety record, and get a price range that's reasonable------ there will be a new drug out to take there place.

Currently they are a classic example of the placebo effect, with the addition of being something new and out of the ordinary

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,899
Posts18,479,316
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.