Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You would recommend somebody use a scope that doesn't track? Have though, perhaps, the inability to track isn't only a zeroing issue, but a problem in field use when dialing, and for target shooting? People shouldn't be concerned about things you "don't give a rats ass about"? Hell, some might say you using a rifle and scope is trying to make up for lack of skills and you should use a bow.
I have used bows and crossbows successfully during those seasons..[/quote]

Crossbow? That's cheating! You must lack the skills. You should be using a recurve. Most all states allow archery during firearms.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have used bows and crossbows successfully during those seasons..

Haven't been successful with a camera though.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing is fhuqking funnier,than a Reupold 4.5-14x. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
10-4......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Willto
And holy chit 30% of the people posting in the optics forum here are having 75% and higher Leupold failure rates. Wow, what a weird anomaly. And at the one website were trolls and paid shills aren't weeded out by a moderator. Odd coincidence Huh?
I'm not sure anyone here has financial motivation to criticize Leupold, but I do know that there are those that benefit financially by promoting the brand.

Myself and others have no incentive to use one brand over another, and simply report what we have experienced. Decisions are made based on observations and what are deemed to be credible reports.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can think of one person with a financial incentive to promote Leupold here.

I have so many of them, I do myself a disincentive to to share my experience because it gets harder for me to sell the ones I have.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I find it funny that when you try to report a recurring problem with a product like Leupold scopes on here the fan boys get so upset you might as well have threatened to harm their mothers or dogs... Of course , if you've never had a problem all those guys who are reporting problems with these products must be full of it, right? People who play that game need to reexamine their motives IMO... we don't have a motive or financial interest in reporting the problems we have with Leupold products- we simply hope they improve their products to the point they are reliable. Many of us still own lots of Leupold products but realize it is only a matter of time before they fail also...

In fact, if someone was to report they had a problem with a Vortex or a Bushnell there wouldn't be a peep in response- but report a problem with a Leupold and you're an anti American a-hole with an axe to grind and a myopic sense of values... I hope you don't have any problems with your Leupolds as some of us have- you would probably have a seizure trying to justify what went wrong... it couldn't possibly be your beloved Leupold scope, it can't be your shooting because you know how to shoot, it can't be your ammo because you loaded it yourself or you bought the extra special high speed super duper stuff with the deer on the box, or it couldn't be any of those things so what do I do? You guys are a hoot...

What's the old saying? "ignorance is bliss"....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Big Stick
EVERY rifle that I've shot with a Reupold,shot better with a SWFA swap...but I'm barely talking 100+ rifles. Hint...............
So everything you posted about while a Leupold rode the rings was just bullschiet. laugh

I have the enhanced search function so this is going to be fun for some of us.
John,

It’s obvious that you like Leupold and have nothing but great results from them, but have you tried any of the others? If so, what is your experience with Leupold’s competitors? Especially interested in your results with the ones more touted here, like the SWFAs, Nightforces, Bushnell Elite Tacticals, etc.

Thanks,

John

I try and use a lot of different optic in a T&E role and don't have many problems.

Nightforce, S&B, Burris, and Maven in that picture. I have lots of Vortex.

[Linked Image]

I have good luck with all of them when mounted on good rifles but form factor, features, and weight always favors Leupold, but I do have Mavens on a couple of my personal use rifles.

I have not used SWFA but don't doubt they work fine for many.

I don't think you can find any post of mine running down any optic brand while a few here attack Leupold like it's their job. wink

Originally Posted by Sheister
So, you fire a few shots through brand new scopes and sell them and then declare all of them the greatest thing on earth? And you've made a few long shots with these scopes and declared yourself an expert on everything scopes- as long as it is Leupold? Well Johnny , you don't know me well enough to be throwing shade at me in any arena and basically calling me a liar in public with your apparent bias... tell you what, I'll send you the next [bleep] Leupold scope I run into and see if you can get it to work perfectly like all the wonderful Leupolds you are trying to sell here and on your "website"...

Your reputation here as a blowhard is honestly earned, you don't have to keep advertising the fact every time you post....

I don't know you because you're just another rando internet poster hiding behind a keyboard and talking schiet with nothing to show.

And then you come here. And holy chit 30% of the people posting in the optics forum here are having 75% and higher Leupold failure rates. Wow, what a weird anomaly. And at the one website were trolls and paid shills aren't weeded out by a moderator. Odd coincidence Huh?

Of course reading the sob stories are pretty fun. "I bought a Leupold once and within the first 2 days it sexually assaulted my wife, poisoned my best hound dog and threw a whole roll of toilet paper in the guest bathroom toilet after taking a giant chit in there. Pipes were stopped up for 3 weeks". "Sob, DAMN YOU LEUPOLD!"

I find the guys who claim to have had many many of them go south on them particularly curious. I don't think there is any chance that I could ever have 6 or more scopes chit the bed on me because after crap fest number 2 or 3 I feel certain that I would switch brands. Odd that they didn't. LOL!

Years ago a guy contacted me for help with the Leupold Customer Sevice. He had over 30 Leupolds and kept sending them back time after time.

Dave at Leupold told to quit buying Leupolds and he was heart broken.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Burns, you need an export license to sell Ukrain your long range, tactical mallets ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since most of my rifles are ancient pre-war or pre-64 Model 70s with 3X and 4X straight power Leupolds, it really is set and forget-along with a couple of bullet proof Leupold Alaskans.
The older versions seem to act like Unertls, so I will rest my case.
Do have a 1950s "new" custom Mauser in 30-06 Ack Imp, so will see how the extra scope(s) like recoil with 220 gr Noslers or the original 225 gr Barnes bullets. Getting into 318 Westley Richards territory.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by drop_point
You would recommend somebody use a scope that doesn't track? Have though, perhaps, the inability to track isn't only a zeroing issue, but a problem in field use when dialing, and for target shooting? People shouldn't be concerned about things you "don't give a rats ass about"? Hell, some might say you using a rifle and scope is trying to make up for lack of skills and you should use a bow.
I have used bows and crossbows successfully during those seasons..

Crossbow? That's cheating! You must lack the skills. You should be using a recurve. Most all states allow archery during firearms.[/quote] My first bow kills were with recurves back in the 1970's. Since then I've enjoyed success using all different kinds of weaponry, from compounds to crossbows, black powder and patched balls, handguns, slug guns and centerfire rifles. I've yet to have the need to dial to achieve success.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My first bow kills were with recurves back in the 1970's. Since then I've enjoyed success using all different kinds of weaponry, from compounds to crossbows, black powder and patched balls, handguns, slug guns and centerfire rifles. I've yet to have the need to dial to achieve success.

But you NEEDED a crossbow, a compound, a centerfire, riflescopes....

Why is your line in the sand better than the next guy's? Its not. You're just another blowhard with a [bleep]-stained opinion.

Last edited by drop_point; 03/25/23.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My first bow kills were with recurves back in the 1970's. Since then I've enjoyed success using all different kinds of weaponry, from compounds to crossbows, black powder and patched balls, handguns, slug guns and centerfire rifles. I've yet to have the need to dial to achieve success.

Why is your line in the sand better than the next guy's? Its not. You're just another blowhard with a [bleep]-stained opinion.
You're just another internet ass hole who likes to make stuff up to suit. Archery tackle is fine for those who enjoy sitting on their ass and calling it hunting. I prefer a more mobile approach and for that it is clumsy/awkward. Wound anymore deer lately bitch ?

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
And holy chit 30% of the people posting in the optics forum here are having 75% and higher Leupold failure rates. Wow, what a weird anomaly. And at the one website were trolls and paid shills aren't weeded out by a moderator. Odd coincidence Huh?
I'm not sure anyone here has financial motivation to criticize Leupold, but I do know that there are those that benefit financially by promoting the brand.

Myself and others have no incentive to use one brand over another, and simply report what we have experienced. Decisions are made based on observations and what are deemed to be credible reports.

Friend,

It'd be more believable if the failure rates weren't as outrageously high as claimed by a certain segment here. Anyone with a functioning brain can see that somethings up, especially as when it does occasionally spread off this site, the claims, postings and statements are almost copy and paste. It started out as a bit believable because any manufacturer can have a bad run, made even a bit more believable because parrots gonna parrot. Now it's just gotten entertaining. Someone is getting paid, and Polly is definitely getting a cracker!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I don’t comment on scopes very often. I think everyone should use what they want to use. I have about 20 leupold scope, most of them vari-x II and vari-x III but a couple of newer Leupolds. I hunt hard for deer and elk but have also hunted 4 times in Africa, and several times in Alaska and Canada. Never had a leupold go bad. Maybe I am lucky. I have had 2 Ziess have reticle come loose and both an old redfield and a Burris fog. Luckily my scope problems have not happened on hunts that matter. Me, I trust leupold

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MK4 16x reticle Puke. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You're just another internet ass hole who likes to make stuff up to suit. Archery tackle is fine for those who enjoy sitting on their ass and calling it hunting. I prefer a more mobile approach and for that it is clumsy/awkward. Wound anymore deer lately bitch ?

And it comes out. You're classless and you're a genuine POS. What's funny is you attack me, yet you admit to using archery equipment yourself. Not only classless, plain stupid.

Last edited by drop_point; 03/25/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
MK4 16x reticle Puke. Hint.

Just sayin'..............

Don't you know that didn't actually happen, you're a shill, and a liar. Just ask BrainDead.

I've had the same crap happen to one of mine. Made it 50ish rounds on a .35 Whelen then the reticle looked like it was trying out for ballet dance.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

And it comes out. You're classless and you're a genuine POS.
If you'll recall, you were first to accuse me of being a poor marksman and wounding deer months ago you filthy piece of shyt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And it comes out. You're classless and you're a genuine POS.
If you'll recall, you were first to accuse me of being a poor marksman and wounding deer months ago you filthy piece of shyt.

Keep telling yourself you're the good guy, buddy. Have you noticed? You always get into it with people here. YOU are the common denominator.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 44 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,581
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.