Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
That's partly what I'm dealing with right now. Mine is caused by a bulged disc compressing the sciatic nerve. It gives me lightning bolts down my leg, neuropathy in my foot, and general muscle weakness in that leg. I've had a spinal injection and then surgery to fix it, but recovery and improvement is very slow. It is complicated by coming down with arthritis in that same hip. In short, I hurt, can't walk well, and tire very easily. Nor can I sleep with all the tingling and pain in my toes.

Doc agrees that all the G's I pulled flying jets has finally come home to roost. He sees a LOT of current pilots, and says that I got off comparatively lucky. Those guys are going to be crippled down the road.

Rocky, my pain management doc told me the same thing. He told me I’d be surprised to know how many current, active duty instructors here are having problems.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had if off and on for many years. Currently on. Major PITA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I’ve got the lightning bolts across my left Ass cheek and down my left leg. it will about put you on the ground.
My lightning bolt shoots down my left leg and at times right down the catch of my àss to the waste shoot. That makes me jump every time. I imagine it would feel the same if I got poked in my àss by a red hot poker!

Last edited by MPat70; 03/25/23.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Daily Sublingual vitamin B-12 helped mine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get the lightening bolt, more often, numbness.
Chiropractor says he is limited in what he can do.
Helps some, doesn't eliminate it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had it and went thru all the therapy, chiropractor, steroid injectikns and the disc finally blew out....that was horrible. I had surgery and been pain free until last Monday. It's not as bad and I called the doc and got some steroids that have helped.....hopefully I just tweaked something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fish oil supplement helps, long and intermediate (anti-inflammatory).
Acute; corticosteroids IM, by mouth, or intrathecal (epidural).

Last edited by night_owl; 03/25/23.

abusus non tollit usum
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Light walking and stretching helps me.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Worse pain I have ever had. Dr. Levy cleaned out the pressure point and shaved off the collapsed bone that was the problem. Instant relief. No further problems.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been using some topical creams that seem to help. Blue Emu is good stuff, and odorless. I also have a jar of a cannabis cream that relieves the pain. I use it sparingly only because my supply is limited. I can't quite figure out what is hurting the most - my pinched nerves or my arthritic hips. It's a one-two punch, for sure. Doc wants me to walk a mile a day for the back, but my hips don't allow me to go more than .2 mile, and that's agony. Been on the maximum daily dose of "a set of minnow fins" for four months now.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am pretty much going through the same thing as Rocky, except I never pulled the "G's" that He did. Multiple MRI's say the same thing. Pinched Siatic nerve. Have had an operation that was supposed to relieve it, but I could tell no difference between the before and after. Numerous shots in the back, no help. Hydocodone helped for a bit, then quit. Quit them. Now down to some whiskey to help the pain a little. Does not stop it, no matter how much you drink, but it does dull it a little. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One thing that can help, costs nothing and is not a drug: Hang by your hands with your feet off the ground. Rotate your hips gently while you hang. This is akin the "traction" because it stretches your spine and relieves pressure on the nerves that come out of it.

If your hands aren't strong enough, you can make a "horse collar" from rope and a pool noodle. Put your arms through it so the collar goes across your back and under your arms. I step off a short stool with the collar hanging from my garage door rail.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tried that Rocky, but passed out a few seconds after all my weight went on my arms. Fell, not high, and then my head cleared, so I tried it again, but at the first signs dropped and stopped whatever was causing it. Told my Dr. and He said there was nothing that should cause that. He also said after looking at my MRI, "there is a lot of problems on your back." miles

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I do have an inversion table that feels good when doing it, but seems no long term benifits. miles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slipped on some ice. Made a quick move to keep from falling. When I got home...started hurting.

Caution on the hanging with arms extended with your feet off the ground. Rotator cuffs respect no age or fitness levels.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've recently experienced Sciatica and it became painful and crippling.

It has become more manageable, and my wife gave me a tube
of J.R. Watkins Cooling Pain Relief Gel. It seems to work and
I'm getting along pretty good now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
stretching and strengthening exercises to overcome imbalances help tremendously . Inactivity and popping pills, applying creams won't solve it. Walking, swimming, stretching , yoga low carb

Last edited by ribka; 03/30/23.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1minute, 007FJ, 270cowboy, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,557
Posts18,491,741
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.