Print Thread
Hop To
#18288498 03/28/23
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Scheels has quite a bit, I picked up two containers of H335 today $39 ea.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore

So, what you are saying is you missed the 15% off sale they had a few days ago? It would have been $33, like many other powders they had available then. Scheels is a great store. I go there frequently.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't buy no powder, no way, no how, from Scheels. Ya gots to go down the escalator, it could blow up and put yer eye out, set the Nike gay pants on fire, make a toxic kill zone worster than East Palestine Owhyo. Powder and excalators don't mix, nosiree.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I don't buy no powder, no way, no how, from Scheels. Ya gots to go down the escalator, it could blow up and put yer eye out, set the Nike gay pants on fire, make a toxic kill zone worster than East Palestine Owhyo. Powder and excalators don't mix, nosiree.

Makes good sense

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

So, what you are saying is you missed the 15% off sale they had a few days ago? It would have been $33, like many other powders they had available then. Scheels is a great store. I go there frequently.

Yea. It was snowing, blowing like crazy. Roads were very icey. Not worth a 60 mile round trip to save $12. Roads were almost clear today and I had to go to town for Dr. appointment. However, I got $70 of for signing up for a Scheels Visa card. $10 for 2 lbs of powder is not too bad.

They had quite a bit of 20 gauge shotgun shells too that every one is saying are hard to find. Pricey though

Scheels beats Bass Pro/Cabelas any day

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/28/23.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wish it wasn't 120 miles to the one in KC, there's a new one opening this summer in Wichita so that will only be 100 miles.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yea. It was snowing, blowing like crazy. Roads were very icey. Not worth a 60 mile round trip to save $12. Roads were almost clear today and I had to go to town for Dr. appointment. However, I got $70 of for signing up for a Scheels Visa card. $10 for 2 lbs of powder is not too bad.

They had quite a bit of 20 gauge shotgun shells too that every one is saying are hard to find. Pricey though

I never knew there was a B in front of Ass Pro Shop....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That's definitely understandable. I also agree about Cabela's. I was just in that store and damn are their prices high. You don't want to buy ammo or loading components there!!! Right now, it's definitely about finding the best deals. There are some out there, but you got to look for them.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's definitely understandable. I also agree about Cabela's. I was just in that store and damn are their prices high. You don't want to buy ammo or loading components there!!! Right now, it's definitely about finding the best deals. There are some out there, but you got to look for them.

Cabela’s/BPS are still cheaper than Sportsman’s Warehouse here though. I go in Sportsman’s, but hardly ever buy anything there anymore. I did find a 1 lb can of powder there cheaper than another LGS in town, but that was it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Hudge

Cabela’s/BPS are still cheaper than Sportsman’s Warehouse here though. I go in Sportsman’s, but hardly ever buy anything there anymore. I did find a 1 lb can of powder there cheaper than another LGS in town, but that was it.

They can all have their moments for sure. You are right about Sportsman's in some regard. I never buy powder there, and after they were doing their stupid schidt in Portland, I rarely went there again. The sportsman's in the Reno area is better though. I did notice Cabela's has a better selection on handguns and their prices on the one I was looking at was pretty good. Now, that 15% off deal at Scheels was the one to hit last week. I ended up buying 6 pounds of powder for $33-34/pound. I also went back later and picked up 4 boxes of bullets, since they were $36/box for the 6.5 140 ELDM's. Those have been hard to find in this area, and I've been checking with them, but they never have them. Lucky for me, I looked behind the big sign here:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Those bastids were trying to hide them on me!! I actually went there yesterday and picked up 4 boxes of Hornady 147gr 9mm XTP's. Those were $24.99/box, but I wanted some for my new 9mm pistols. Can't always walk away with the good deals, but I try most times.

Speaking of powder, I actually got some from a friend at a shop near Reno. It was discontinued AA3100, but it looks and smells like good powder. It was sealed, so that was probably the first time it was opened. Walked away with that 8 pound keg for $200.00. I know my 338wm loves it, as does my 300WM. I'll also work up some loads in my 7mm RM's. It won't go to waste.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,296
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.