Print Thread
Hop To
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
first. no it is not 10 shot groups. Second I don't plaster pics all over the place. Eats up bandwidth and I just don't feel the need. Heck I really dont' take pics of groups to start with. That I can recall anyway.

Maybe the 10th bear creek I've shot. maybe the 4th we own?

Anyway we moved some stuff around. House has a colt barreled upper in it. Carolyns vehicle has a bear creek 200 dollar upper in it. Both 223

As what I've always seen. First Colts always run. Never had one that didn't. Second have yet to have a centerfire Bear creek that didn't. Had a rimfire, and they replaced it quickly with one that did work. There is that.

Shot quite a bit of 2 shot groups testing zero's and drops on the Burris 332s. Is that the right number? I think so.

Anyway factory hornady ammo with 75 bthp from years back.

Every 2 shot group from the bear creek was a bit under an inch, some as small as half an inch.

Every 2 shot group from the Colt was at least an inch and a couple crept up to 2 inches. Rest. 100 yards. 3X optics.

Both have identical lowers, cheap lower, job bob parts kits, magpul cheap collapsible stocks. La Rue triggers.

Colt. Reliable. Not accurate. Likely always accurate enough. More money.
Bear creek. So far reliable. Always accurate enough amazingly. Much cheaper.

That is all. Carry on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All day long?🤭🤭🤭

If you ain't trolling, you should be!

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 03/29/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't had a ton of Colts, but the Colt chrome lined barrels I have shot seemed to be capable of putting 5 shots in under an inch.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't care & I ain't buyin' any BC schitt....................glad it works for you, though, Jeff.

I can build cheap if I want cheap & know what I've got & it will work; no need to buy cheap complete uppers.

JMHO & My Way................other's opinions vary, I guess.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bear Creek has an enormous factory with several cold hammer forging machines.

Anyone can see their videos on the internet.

How big is Colt's factory, where is it, and, what does Colt actually "make" these days?

Last edited by night_owl; 03/29/23.

abusus non tollit usum
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Who knows on the new CZ Colt, I saw one today with a Geissele rail, Magpul PRO sights and a weird contoured barrel that I believe was mid length.

Old Colt, depends on the time period and who was in charge or if they were on strike. At one time they made almost everything but had a high QC standard and sent a bunch of rejects back that were gobbled up by other makers.

Colt from 2009 or so when they changed back to small pin triggers, have been good from my experiences with them.

Diemaco Colt has their own hammer forge machine and made some great barrels. But I never bought Colt for accuracy.

Bear Creek? Well there’s someone for everyone I guess…

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think the Texan is trolling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I think the Texan is trolling.

Ar accuracy.

Super cheap

Dependable

2 shot groups

Yep.

He is trolling.
Can't believe he hasn't caught a limit of everything but lovers of cheap ARs.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a spare lower lying around and had several 5.56/.223 and 6.8mm builds, so I was surfing the internet looking for something different and exciting.
Suddenly.....there it was!!!!
A Bear Creek Arsenal spiral fluted bull barrel in .223 Wylde....for $59!!!!!

My tight wad popped out and I ordered it!
One shooting dude!!!!
I'm not a big .223 fan, but I couldn't pass up a $59 barrel! LOL!

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
All day long?🤭🤭🤭

If you ain't trolling, you should be!
No one said all day there. I did say I've yet to have a failure with their stuff.

Its mostly for the bear creek haters that say they don't work, suck for accuracy etc... its FAR from what we have seen. And I don't like junk. So far so good.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Haven't had a ton of Colts, but the Colt chrome lined barrels I have shot seemed to be capable of putting 5 shots in under an inch.
Owned probably 5 Colts. Sold every barrel from them because they wouldn't. FWIW.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lets add I"ve never said anything bad from colt other than a bit less accuracy than I care for and they have never even tried that I'm aware of, to have a good trigger. They have always been fine.

But in a relative time, costs lower, because its now a proven known how simple it is to make stufff that works.

Will Bear creek run 100K rounds and not break? I have no clue on them or a Colt either honestly. Wife and I barely have over 100K rounds downrange through various Wars

One thing became clear though early on in the AR game. You could assemble as reliable a gun from parts as you could buy. And that mass manufacturing made parts better and cheaper.

Would I trust our lives on bear creek. Well no one here is going into combat anyway. And if that day came any of the ARs we own I trust enough to live long enough to amass other stuff as it came along and not have any worries.

Trolling no. Not at all. And if even BSA thinks a bunch of 2 shot groups aren't relevant he is nuts.

whats funny is most here would tell you that the colt is good to go. Regardless even with such accuracy. And I know that if we fired larger groups with both guns eventually the groups get bigger not smaller. If nothing else due to conditions fired in and the human aspect.

Carry what you want. Pay what you want. Can't see that probably 99% of what we use AR for that it would ever matter either way really. Thats the joy. Pay 2500 or 500. Both will likely work just fine. That was NOT the case in the 80s/90s. Model one sales sold junk parts. Rejected everything I think. Reliable? Maybe, maybe not. DPMS didn't shoot well and were not reliable. As were lots of other brands that now seem to be just fine.

Evolution of the platform has been nothing but positive.

But some still say pre 64 is the only way to go model 70s and any other bolt gun will fail and leave you dead....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Even with irons. Nuff said.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
first. no it is not 10 shot groups. Second I don't plaster pics all over the place. Eats up bandwidth and I just don't feel the need. Heck I really dont' take pics of groups to start with. That I can recall anyway.

Anyway we moved some stuff around. House has a colt barreled upper in it. Carolyns vehicle has a bear creek 200 dollar upper in it. Both 223

As what I've always seen. First Colts always run. Never had one that didn't. Second have yet to have a centerfire Bear creek that didn't. Had a rimfire, and they replaced it quickly with one that did work. There is that.

Shot quite a bit of 2 shot groups testing zero's and drops on the Burris 332s. Is that the right number? I think so.

Every 2 shot group from the bear creek was a bit under an inch, some as small as half an inch.

Every 2 shot group from the Colt was at least an inch and a couple crept up to 2 inches. Rest. 100 yards. 3X optics.

Both have identical lowers, cheap lower, job bob parts kits, magpul cheap collapsible stocks. La Rue triggers.

That is all. Carry on.

Something in the water over there? Like stick, it's eaten away all of his brain cells..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Lets add I"ve never said anything bad from colt other than a bit less accuracy than I care for and they have never even tried that I'm aware of, to have a good trigger. They have always been fine.

But in a relative time, costs lower, because its now a proven known how simple it is to make stufff that works.

Will Bear creek run 100K rounds and not break? I have no clue on them or a Colt either honestly. Wife and I barely have over 100K rounds downrange through various Wars

One thing became clear though early on in the AR game. You could assemble as reliable a gun from parts as you could buy. And that mass manufacturing made parts better and cheaper.

Would I trust our lives on bear creek. Well no one here is going into combat anyway. And if that day came any of the ARs we own I trust enough to live long enough to amass other stuff as it came along and not have any worries.

Trolling no. Not at all. And if even BSA thinks a bunch of 2 shot groups aren't relevant he is nuts.

whats funny is most here would tell you that the colt is good to go. Regardless even with such accuracy. And I know that if we fired larger groups with both guns eventually the groups get bigger not smaller. If nothing else due to conditions fired in and the human aspect.

Carry what you want. Pay what you want. Can't see that probably 99% of what we use AR for that it would ever matter either way really. Thats the joy. Pay 2500 or 500. Both will likely work just fine. That was NOT the case in the 80s/90s. Model one sales sold junk parts. Rejected everything I think. Reliable? Maybe, maybe not. DPMS didn't shoot well and were not reliable. As were lots of other brands that now seem to be just fine.

Evolution of the platform has been nothing but positive.

But some still say pre 64 is the only way to go model 70s and any other bolt gun will fail and leave you dead....

I'll punch 2 shot groups with you all day long buddy. I've gone to shooting a lot of 3 shot groups at range because it tells me what I want to know, especially when shooting in the wind. Oh boy that opens up a whole other can of worms. Stupid fu cks that can't shoot in the wind. You know if your buddy cuts wind on the next bench over, it's going to surely fu ck up your good group you had going on. True chidt, just ask some gun writers and bench resters.. IF you want to shoot 2 shot groups, go for it man. It tells YOU what you want to know, and that is good enough. Hopefully those are "verified" loads, that generally takes much more than 2 shots per group. For shooting game animals, it only takes 1 shot. If you are confident when you pull the trigger, that is all that really matters.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

That is all. Carry on.

Something in the water over there? Like stick, it's eaten away all of his brain cells..

Explain your issues then.........

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you GAVE me a bca anything, I would immediately turn around and give it to someone I didn't like and be glad to be rid of it.

They really suck. BCA can't even be bothered to send out barrels with completely finished chambers despite lying and sending 3 spent cases they claim were test fired in an upper that can't even chamber them, or after you return it to them to fix and wait a month and a half to get the replacement, only to find out that time doesn't even have the right caliber bolt carrier for the barrel and still can't shoot, is all I needed to see.

I would rather buy a hesse.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by johna1
If you GAVE me a bca anything, I would immediately turn around and give it to someone I didn't like and be glad to be rid of it.

They really suck. BCA can't even be bothered to send out barrels with completely finished chambers despite lying and sending 3 spent cases they claim were test fired in an upper that can't even chamber them, or after you return it to them to fix and wait a month and a half to get the replacement, only to find out that time doesn't even have the right caliber bolt carrier for the barrel and still can't shoot, is all I needed to see.

I would rather buy a hesse.
Like I said, YMMV. I"ve seen only an issue with a rimfire upper and it was solved by a new one really quickly.

I'm actually very surprised they are as reliable as they have been and as accurate as they have been.

Especially after listening to all the negative stuff.

That said they wouldn't be my choice for Camp Perry. But thats a totally different ball game from what 99% or more of anyone that posts on here ever does.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So far I have owned and extensively shot a 350 Legend, a 6.5 Grendel and a 223 Wilde chambered BCA uppers. The 350 took some magazine work to get functioning but now it is very accurate shooting cast bullets. The 6.5 Grendel was a shooter from the start, it's M4 style barrel giving me MOA performance with several different loads. The 223 Wilde upper I did a magazine test to see if 12 30 round magazines functioned properly and it never bobbled, putting out 1 1/2 inch groups with the Monarch steel cased ammo. Haven't yet tried to see what it can do with good ammo other than some stuff loaded for another AR. I have two other AR's that have aftermarket barrels that shoot as well as I can ask. For cheap BCA uppers are worth the money. I did break an extractor on the Grendel but I was shooting a lot of the steel cased stuff at the time. In fact if you don't want to shoot steel cased ammo in your "good" uppers BCA will provide uppers for that.

Last edited by rickt300; 04/03/23.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Owned probably 5 Colts. Sold every barrel from them because they wouldn't. FWIW.

Same here. The only one I still own is on an old 6920 with "restricted LEO" roll marks and a low serial number. It's accurate enough for It's intended purpose. No experience with BCA so no comment on them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,930
Posts18,479,895
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.