Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Was going to do the LEM trigger. Was notified by HK website they were avail, looked at the the price and remembered frustrated I get working on guns and passed. HK parts are pricey but in this day and age, if you want something, you had better get it now.

I've added a Jarvis threaded barrel, HK adjustable suppressor night sights, some non slip tape, streamlight light/laser and a rugged obsidian 45 suppressor.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Had another one that I had converted to 460 Rowland that I gave to my son.

Great guns.

Paul

Last edited by paul105; 04/01/23.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I keep threatening to put together a 460. A USP would be a great host for it.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AZtwins
I keep threatening to put together a 460. A USP would be a great host for it.

Please don't get me started on that road grin:)

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by paul105
Was going to do the LEM trigger. Was notified by HK website they were avail, looked at the the price and remembered frustrated I get working on guns and passed. HK parts are pricey but in this day and age, if you want something, you had better get it now.

I've added a Jarvis threaded barrel, HK adjustable suppressor night sights, some non slip tape, streamlight light/laser and a rugged obsidian 45 suppressor.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Had another one that I had converted to 460 Rowland that I gave to my son.

Great guns.

Paul

Eurooptics sells the components for the LEM right at 85 dollars last I checked. That 460 looks frightening.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 04/02/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The HKs are great guns, and built to take a very high round count. The traditional double action triggers tend not to be the best, but due to the nature of the design, you can have them retrofitted with the LEM triggers, which are substantially better. The match LEM being the best of all.

It similar to having a custom Glock trigger in the HK, with a super light take-up, until you get to the wall, then a very short pull until the trigger breaks. It makes shooting the guns quickly and accurately much easier.

With LEM trigger installed, the gun retains double-action and single action modes?

Montana MOFO
IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarkio
The HKs are great guns, and built to take a very high round count. The traditional double action triggers tend not to be the best, but due to the nature of the design, you can have them retrofitted with the LEM triggers, which are substantially better. The match LEM being the best of all.

It similar to having a custom Glock trigger in the HK, with a super light take-up, until you get to the wall, then a very short pull until the trigger breaks. It makes shooting the guns quickly and accurately much easier.

With LEM trigger installed, the gun retains double-action and single action modes?

It's not really like anything you've ever used. Go watch a few youtube video's about it. It would take a 1000 words to explain it. Basically it's a pre-cocked SA/DA that doesn't hold the hammer in the fire position and also has second strike capabilities.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Tarkio

What TC1 said,

It is very hard to explain.

But the hybrid of Match-LEM is without a doubt the best thing going for an HK USP. Turns it into a whole other animal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just picked up another USP and am going to try the Match LEM trigger recommended by Mackay_Sagebrush. Have you guys found it to be a reasonable DIY job or better left to a gunsmith?

I’m pretty decent at projects like that - any particular tools that help do it correctly?

Thanks!

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AZtwins
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just picked up another USP and am going to try the Match LEM trigger recommended by Mackay_Sagebrush. Have you guys found it to be a reasonable DIY job or better left to a gunsmith?

I’m pretty decent at projects like that - any particular tools that help do it correctly?

Thanks!

Mine is DA/SA (P30L) but I have all the parts available for the conversion. I've basically done it once already but didn't have the correct trigger return spring and had to reassemble it back to stock. It's a pain in the butt but it's doable. My best advice is once the slide comes off take a bunch of pictures of it. It'll help when reassembling.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great, thanks TC1!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I have been looking at these the last month or so. No dealers anywhere near me had one or so I thought , but found one on Tuesday , it came home yesterday. I wanted a gun that would be able to stand up to a steady diet of heavy loads. It is going to the range tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks to those that have spoken about these pistols. grin

You say this like it's a bad thing......................:-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (batch, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 12 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,054
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.