Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a Yamaha Kodiak 700 - best machine I have ever owned. (Owned Polaris, CF Moto) I wanted a Honda 500, but couldn't find one at the time and lucked into the Yamaha and its been awesome.

My advice would be to buy "Japanese" - Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki.

GB1

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
The GOAL here is NOT what is the best brand or model. What I really want to know what machine "OUTSELLS" all others in Alaska. I don't care about the features, but there is a reason ONE MACHINE outsells all others. Maybe it is price or features or likely a combination of both. I know I'll lose money; the goal is a quick sale when they put me in an institution (Pioneer Home). Thank You for the replies.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Sidenote on sale price. You'll get your best price if you designate someone to sell your stuff that's not headed to the Pioneer Home.
A gentleman recently advertised an outboard on the radio. It was an amazing deal and my wife just happened to be in town. She drove all the way out East End with me on the phone. The gentleman was digging the snow away from the motor and his wife hurried to meet my wife at the truck. She apologized profusely because the gentleman "misspoke" the price on the radio by at only 1/3 what it was worth. Seems he was having a problem with that lately. He realized what he had done and apologized profusely as well. I'm glad it was us and not someone who was less understanding.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AGL4now
The GOAL here is NOT what is the best brand or model. What I really want to know what machine "OUTSELLS" all others in Alaska. I don't care about the features, but there is a reason ONE MACHINE outsells all others. Maybe it is price or features or likely a combination of both. I know I'll lose money; the goal is a quick sale when they put me in an institution (Pioneer Home). Thank You for the replies.
I remember you were looking for a mail box rig last fall. Never found one?

A number of machines suggested will fo a great job for you, and being low mileage and in good shape will provide good return.

Quick sale is mostly price.

Don’t make it hard.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yamaha Grizzly

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Yamaha Grizzly

+1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
DO NOT BUY AN ARCTIC CAT.

That's all I'm gonna bother to add to this thread, some great info has been given out so far.

Gee I wish I’d known that years ago. I bought a 650 TRV new in 2006 in Wasilla. Still have it today. I’ve used mine really hard, have only had to do oil changes and it has towed every brand of ATV out of the woods over the last 17 years. I plowed probably 100 miles of driveway with it, hauled moose and caribou out over truly rough, untrailed country, dragged way bigger logs than I imagined possible and crossed streams I probably should not have forded.

I’ll keep mine. It’s never let me down.

Last edited by mart; 04/04/23.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Our 2012 Grizzly 450 has over 6,500 hours and 20,000 miles on it.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by UpTop
Honda and its not even close.

TO WHAT......????
The answer to your question. Hondas hold their resell value more than any other brand.......hence, HONDA and it not even close.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Honda "Foreman BASE Model" OR Honda Foreman "Rubicon". The total cost does not matter.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holy Fugg. It's not that difficult. Whatever you buy, if you price it reasonable it will sell and sell pretty quickly.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Holy Fugg. It's not that difficult. Whatever you buy, if you price it reasonable it will sell and sell pretty quickly.

I started in business before most on this forum were born or a twinkle in their daddy's eyes. I was in business in 1955. I was a securities broker, owned three real estate companies, one guide outfitter company, and for entertainment I buy and sell heavy equipment. So don't need any lessons in how to market a product. Rule #1 is knowing your "market". Rule #2 is don't overpay. Rule #3 is having a plan. Rule #4 is don't pay any attention to those who think you're a fool, and that they know your business better then you.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P

I started in business before most on this forum were born or a twinkle in their daddy's eyes. I was in business in 1955. I was a securities broker, owned three real estate companies, one guide outfitter company, and for entertainment I buy and sell heavy equipment. So don't need any lessons in how to market a product. Rule #1 is knowing your "market". Rule #2 is don't overpay. Rule #3 is having a plan. Rule #4 is don't pay any attention to those who think you're a fool, and that they know your business better then you.

You must be a real old fart then… the Rubicon has a nicer ride than the Foreman, better suspension. I could ride either of them all day though, and I was born before you were in business…

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I am an old fart, and very lucky to be alive. Crashed three aircraft. I think the Rubicon has both electric and pull "till you puke" start. That would be desirable for those going back country.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I am an old fart, and very lucky to be alive. Crashed three aircraft. I think the Rubicon has both electric and pull "till you puke" start. That would be desirable for those going back country.

You won’t need a pull start on these newer Hondas they start easy, fuel injected. I believe if you want to add a pull start, you need the manual shift model. I wouldn’t buy anything but the manual shift…

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
whatever you buy, make sure it has EPS (Electronic Power Steering)

my old man is 74 and still hunts with me, my 2017 Honda Foreman 500 has EPS, he bought one without because it was $800.00 less ...

It's a night & day difference in ease of steering control, he always gets pulled in by the ruts and now has a lot of forearm & back pain trying to wrench the steering wheel to make the bike go where he wants it to

gets even worse with half a moose on the bike

in the pic .. in front is a 2004 400 Rancher, and a 2007 500 Foreman in back, entire moose on two wheelers, one trip pack out ..... neither bike has EPS, making it a helluva chore getting the moose out on the 26 miles of hell trails

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Swamplord that pic is worth 10,000 words..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That’s a great picture Swamplord. Hondas are good machines.

I’m not as heavily loaded here. This was a cow several years ago.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

The winch comes in handy for holding a leg when you have to dress it by yourself.

This was a 37” three brow time bull a few years after the cow but within 100 yards of where I killed the cow.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For a guy who's so darn smart, you sure have to ask a lot of stupid questions about a really simple thing.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
For a guy who's so darn smart, you sure have to ask a lot of stupid questions about a really simple thing.

Do you know what the worm on the fishhook said to the fish.....???

"BITE-ME"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.