Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'm possibly looking to purchase the CZ-USA CZ Bobwhite G2 Project Upland 20 GA 28" 3" Side-By-Side Shotgun. I found this from Chuck Hawkes:
https://www.chuckhawks.com/hatfield-cz_shotguns.htm

I do not know much about Huglu or Hatfield and am somewhat confused as to which is which. I'm aware the SxS is made or comes from Turkey. Looking to purchase as a collectible. I believe that Chuck hawkes states in his synopsis the the G2 barrels are 'painted' and not blued. Is this the same for the Project upland? I seen one today but did not inspect the firearm. It did look good and the price is reasonable online.

A.) Does it have the Anson & Deeley Boxlock? From the CZ website, it shows 'discontinued' 2023. Again, I'm not versed with this brand shotgun. Any and all information is very much appreciated.

CZ Website: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-bobwhite-g2-project-upland/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Synoptic; 03/30/23.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Here is quickie with some pics. Tell me what you guys think ? The only thing that concerns me is made in turkey.
[video:vimeo]https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/813668408[/video]

Last edited by Synoptic; 03/31/23.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought a CZ Bobwhite, in 20ga, way back in 2005.

The gun has functioned flawlessly, and it has been shot quite a bit. We (my son will grab it when he hunts with his buddies) have shot steel, Hevi-Shot and TSS, all without problems.

It handles nicely, balances well and the barrels appear to be regulated properly.

All in all, a nice sxs. A very nice sxs when price is factored in.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by k22hornet
I bought a CZ Bobwhite, in 20ga, way back in 2005.

The gun has functioned flawlessly, and it has been shot quite a bit. We (my son will grab it when he hunts with his buddies) have shot steel, Hevi-Shot and TSS, all without problems.

It handles nicely, balances well and the barrels appear to be regulated properly.

All in all, a nice sxs. A very nice sxs when price is factored in.

Thanks very much for the input. However, upon conferring with Randy Wakeman, I've decided 'not' to purchase. Randy stated: "There is nothing collectible about it. In fact, the walnut is not well-figured at all. Huglo is not a quality gun. CZ has a nasty habit of discontinuing models". I respect and value his opinion.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
If you want a "collectible" sxs, you will probably need to fork out more money than CZ costs.

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AML
If you want a "collectible" sxs, you will probably need to fork out more money than CZ costs.

* Yes, that's a given. The prices have gone up so high it's just not worth it. Moving into a different group of people. The return is difficult to obtain with the exorbitant prices.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
There are over 20 pages of CZ Bobwhites listed on Gunbroker for sale. Only some are 28ga., but most are less than $800.
I own three (two 20's and a 28).

I've had zero problems with mine, and I've killed more birds with my first one than any other shotgun I own. I've taken it around the world because if it ever got lost in luggage it wouldn't break my bank. And I hit and hit and hit with it.

No reason not to own one IMO, except maybe as a "collector" unless they actually have now been discontinued. Buy it, shoot it, collect it!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
There are over 20 pages of CZ Bobwhites listed on Gunbroker for sale. Only some are 28ga., but most are less than $800.
I own three (two 20's and a 28).

I've had zero problems with mine, and I've killed more birds with my first one than any other shotgun I own. I've taken it around the world because if it ever got lost in luggage it wouldn't break my bank. And I hit and hit and hit with it.

No reason not to own one IMO, except maybe as a "collector" unless they actually have now been discontinued. Buy it, shoot it, collect it!

"There are over 20 pages of CZ Bobwhites listed on Gunbroker for sale. Only some are 28ga., but most are less than $800".

'Not for the CZ Bobwhite G2 Uplander' > You're referring to the regular Bobwhite. I'm always looking at Gunbroker and GunsAmerica. According to Randy, they're not a collectible for that is specifically my field. The Uplander is more like $1300.00 - $1400.00 on Gunbroker but they can be had for $1100.00 on 'Gundeals'. If, and maybe if the Uplander was $800.00 then I would purchase. Most all the features are the 'same' irrespective of the alleged upgraded wood and fake side plates. In addition, the Uplander wears a black chrome finish whereas there were problems with the finish coming off just by using a rag to wipe down. CZ confirmed this by phone to me. I'm also aware of problems they experienced with the wood right at the outset, 'confirmed by CZ'. I've been looking at this for nearly two years. There are no automatic ejectors and the break open is somewhat stiff. AND, I belive that Chuck Hawkes stated CZ used a blow torch for that finish. The fact is many gun manufacturers are catering to the 'tactical' "junk" because that is what is selling, just like all the tactical pistols incorporating a picatinny rail and immersed in plastic: not for me. That is just the way it is. Thank you for the courtesy.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Synoptic,

My wife Eileen has owned a Huglu/Hatfield 28-gauge since 2004, when she came across the Hatfield booth at the SHOT Show--which if I ecall correctly before CZ started importing Huglus. (For a while Kimber also marketed Huglu shotguns under various names.)

The Hatfield company orders "rebranded" guns from various manufacturers. For quite a while they mostly sold Spanish-made guns, but switched to Turkish-made guns after Huglu guns started being imported here.

They're pretty good guns, but as the guy who runs the gun department at a local sporting goods store I frequent once noted, "You probably don't want to buy one for shooting Sporting Clays every weekend."

Eileen's28 is still working fine, but she owns a dozen shotguns and also uses her others frequently for various kinds of hunting and shooting.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
The Huglu shotguns were also imported by DeHaan in Rigby, Idaho for a while and labeled as DeHaan's. He had some high end custom order versions with upgraded wood and engraving as I recall.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I sure would believe anything Chuck Hawks says. crazy

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by forshoes
The Huglu shotguns were also imported by DeHaan in Rigby, Idaho for a while and labeled as DeHaan's. He had some high end custom order versions with upgraded wood and engraving as I recall.

"I believe you are correct".

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Huntz

"I sure would believe anything Chuck Hawks says".

That fact is a given. Randy Wakeman is adjoined to his work. I always refer to Chuck for the utmost details and facts. He has not ever provided or written anything amiss nor are his white papers ever off course. * And, Randy is versed in forensics, none better.

Last edited by Synoptic; 04/01/23.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Synoptic
Originally Posted by Huntz

"I sure would believe anything Chuck Hawks says".

That fact is a given. Randy Wakeman is adjoined to his work. I always refer to Chuck for the utmost details and facts. He has not ever provided or written anything amiss nor are his white papers ever off course. * And, Randy is versed in forensics, none better.
Yup,two peas in a pod right there.Any ass hole can have an opinion right or wrong on the innanet. Too bad most of theirs are biased towards what ever they are pimping at any given moment. Of course there are fools who just lap up all their bullshit.Carry on.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Synoptic
Looking to purchase as a collectible.

They are not and will never be collectible. As MD pointed out, as an occasional use hunting gun it will likely deliver very reasonable service. As a sporting clays gun it will likely need care in short order if it's like any of the others I have seen.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
https://sendvid.com/x5nly826

I deleted the Vimeo link.

Last edited by Synoptic; 04/01/23.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Synoptic,

My wife Eileen has owned a Huglu/Hatfield 28-gauge since 2004, when she came across the Hatfield booth at the SHOT Show--which if I ecall correctly before CZ started importing Huglus. (For a while Kimber also marketed Huglu shotguns under various names.)

The Hatfield company orders "rebranded" guns from various manufacturers. For quite a while they mostly sold Spanish-made guns, but switched to Turkish-made guns after Huglu guns started being imported here.

They're pretty good guns, but as the guy who runs the gun department at a local sporting goods store I frequent once noted, "You probably don't want to buy one for shooting Sporting Clays every weekend."

Eileen's28 is still working fine, but she owns a dozen shotguns and also uses her others frequently for various kinds of hunting and shooting.

John, I have shot one of the CZ All American trap guns every Sunday, for 4 years now during our trap league. typically at least 100 shells a day. the gun still locks up tight and lever is still right of center. it's a hell of a lot of gun for the money

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
gitem 12,

Thanks for the information!

Am not familiar with that model. Do you know if it was made by Huglu?

The guy at the local gun store was reporting feedback from customers who'd bought various CZ doubles over the years, both SxS and O/U.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
gitem 12,

Thanks for the information!

Am not familiar with that model. Do you know if it was made by Huglu?

The guy at the local gun store was reporting feedback from customers who'd bought various CZ doubles over the years, both SxS and O/U.

"Do you know if it was made by Huglu"? > I believe so. Who else would manufacture it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,572
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.