Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG
Get yourself a Glock 7 and sail right through.
Detective John McClane warned us about those.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Best of luck to the lady. I don't go to blue city's or states. The problem she has is just one of the reasons.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Hope it wasn’t loaded.
Bringing ammo in from out of state is a no-no in Cali. Probably 10 year minimum.
In a 5 shooter the ammo isn't an issue.
Last I heard carrying unpermitted is a misdemeanor. I'd like to see the DA throw this out.
Be more mindful when you travel out of your home state.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by fortymile
Just curious - what would be the consequences of ignoring the court date in CA? I'm sure there would be a warrant issued for her arrest - but if she stayed in UT and never went back to CA, would CA go to the trouble of getting her extradited? Would UT go along with it? Question for the legal experts here.

When a warrant is written, there is often language that provides some instruction to the detaining agency. Some warrants are non-extraditable while others are nationwide. It just depends on what you did and how bad they want you.

If I contact someone who I don’t have PC to arrest, but has an out-of-area warrant, I detain them until the issuing jurisdiction can be contacted and they indicate whether they will confirm the warrant. If so, they get booked on the warrant.

If you are arrested on an out-of-state warrant, you have the right to have an extradition hearing where the issuing jurisdiction must present evidence that you committed the alleged crime. You may also waive extradition and that starts a 30-day clock for the issuing agency to come get you.
en
No mention was made about the arresting agency. If it was TSA it obviously is going to be a federal warrant. Looking at celebs online that did the same thing, it didn't seem to amount to much but these were in other states. All were cited and released. I didn't surf long enough to see the outcomes of these encounters.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
Thanks for the attorney references. That is very helpful. I have sent the lady both of those contacts.

Denton, do you know the circumstances of the woman's arrest?? Was she arrested by Federal agents, or by a local police officer (Long Beach P.D, LAPD, etc.) or L.A. County Sheriff's Deputies?

When is her court appearance?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would want my gun back but if extradition were not an issue and I figured the fine was gonna be extreme, I’d never return to that state again.

>>——>

Did she get a refund on the cruise?

Last edited by muleshoe; 04/02/23.

Black Cows Matter!
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If you carry, you need to keep your wits about you. I live just a couple of miles from the VA line, and while my permit is good there, they have a 20-shot limit, so my new 5.7 can’t be full in case circumstances put me over the line. In the other direction lies the People’s Republic of Maryland where I’d be in serious Dutch if found carrying, and an empty gun locked in a case but with a loaded magazine in that same case is the same as having a loaded gun, even if out of reach. I nearly crossed over at Shepherdstown by accident one day when I got turned around in the little burg. On the rare occasions when I go to D.C., I have to be damn sure there’s no ammo or possibly even empties in my vehicle as a man was convicted there of having illegal ammunition because he possessed saboted pistol bullets, no powder, for his ML, and on appeal the conviction stood.

Sorry for the lady’s trouble, but I’ll bet she’s screwed, and will at least end up with a record.
Never heard of a 20 SHOT LIMIT in Virginia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If you carry, you need to keep your wits about you. I live just a couple of miles from the VA line, and while my permit is good there, they have a 20-shot limit, so my new 5.7 can’t be full in case circumstances put me over the line. In the other direction lies the People’s Republic of Maryland where I’d be in serious Dutch if found carrying, and an empty gun locked in a case but with a loaded magazine in that same case is the same as having a loaded gun, even if out of reach. I nearly crossed over at Shepherdstown by accident one day when I got turned around in the little burg. On the rare occasions when I go to D.C., I have to be damn sure there’s no ammo or possibly even empties in my vehicle as a man was convicted there of having illegal ammunition because he possessed saboted pistol bullets, no powder, for his ML, and on appeal the conviction stood.

Sorry for the lady’s trouble, but I’ll bet she’s screwed, and will at least end up with a record.

Lived 53 years within 25 miles of The PRM.
Only ever committed 1 felony in my life, repeated it numerous times.
Accidentally crossing the Mason Dixon with guns.

I try to not let it happen.
But for some, guns aren't a big deal.
Have had at leasr one in my vehicle since I started driving.
It's like wearing socks,I don't think about them all the time.
Not that big a deal.

Or maybe power saws.
Been running them since before I could lift one right.
Some are terrified by them, some always scared running them.
Some, just run them damn thing. Knowing the how's and why's, but it
Isn't even given conscious thought.

For those wondering why.

Ever leave work, planning to stop on the way home,
as you pull in the driveway, you realize you did what you do everyday?

You F^*(*:$##^!!!!ing forgot to get milk!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At some point the SCOTUS ruled we have a right of self defense. These anti second amendment cases should be ruled
Unconstitutional. Until then I will stay out of these democratic sh T holes. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by denton
Thanks for the attorney references. That is very helpful. I have sent the lady both of those contacts.

Denton, do you know the circumstances of the woman's arrest?? Was she arrested by Federal agents, or by a local police officer (Long Beach P.D, LAPD, etc.) or L.A. County Sheriff's Deputies?

When is her court appearance?

L.W.

I don't have that information. What I do know is that she was stopped from boarding because of the firearm in her purse.

I've never been on a cruise, and don't know which agency does the passenger screening. Is that TSA, like in an airport?

She and her husband are camped at a hotel in Long Beach, waiting for their court date. It may be that their cruise was out of that port.

One thing I'm sure of: It's time to have a great attorney in the mix. She and her husband can afford a good one. California agencies I have dealt with are incredibly money hungry, and I expect that the game is squeezing the tourists, not protecting public safety.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
If you don’t have the presence of mind to know whether you have a weapon on you, there should be an immediate adjudication that bans you from having firearms for life.

Same should go for DUI

The offender deserves everything she gets just for doing any activity in California to begin with !

She faces a real risk of being incarcerated and raped by a tranny…Sound pretty to you fuggs ?

FFS

What a load of crap.

I travel constantly. Am in and out of 5 different outfits regularly. Often have a handgun in my my briefcase and on a number of occasions, I lose track of where that sidearm is. If it's in my briefcase or if I put it in or under the console of a truck.

When I fly, I am pretty vigilant about getting the firearm/s out and left or packed to take properly. But I did find a loaded mag in my briefcase in the airport parking lot as I made one last check of my briefcase about 2 weeks ago.

Montana MOFO
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
If you don’t have the presence of mind to know whether you have a weapon on you, there should be an immediate adjudication that bans you from having firearms for life.

Same should go for DUI

The offender deserves everything she gets just for doing any activity in California to begin with !

She faces a real risk of being incarcerated and raped by a tranny…Sound pretty to you fuggs ?

Bullshit! It’s no wonder that we have the illegal restrictions on our INALIENABLE rights that we do. When supposed “conservatives” are so happy to cozy up to the enemy of democracy and side with them against our freedoms we need to look no further to see why we’re in this spot in the first place. Neo-cons love to pretend they support the Constitution and BoR but it becomes obvious in cases like this that they’re just lying about it. No self-respecting REAL Conservative would ever suggest abrogating your Constitutional rights because you made a minor mistake. Their support of the state in these cases is hard to miss and the zeal they display when they’re engaged in infringing on our rights is pathetic.

These liberal cucks try to play the part of the Conservative but they are only pretending…..it only takes something like this to shine the spotlight on their traitorous, dumb ass. California has illegal restrictions on our Constitutional rights and they use that to harass law abiding citizens but instead of defending her like real conservatives do liberals use it to destroy the person and their reputation. What’s even more disgusting than that is the “guys” that should be defending her against these bullshit charges are turncoats that support the state of California’s Unconstitutional violations.

Anyone that suggests that our INALIENABLE rights are able to bargained away or that we should trade part of those rights for certain guarantees should be kicked in the head until they’ve had some sense knocked into them.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
One more comment about this unfortunate situation….. As the “man of the house” and the guy that has been involved with firearms all my life I take my responsibility as the family’s “armorer” seriously. I’m the one that maintains the firearms and I’m the one that is “into guns” more than anyone else here so I assume the responsibility for most of the things having to do with guns. When we travel I make sure that the firearms for our EDC are secured and that we don’t have any ammunition or mags with us.

People make mistakes and forgetting to remove your EDC from your purse is not a capital crime nor is it indicative of anything other than people are human and sometimes forget or get distracted…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
+1 A&E

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Often have a handgun in my my briefcase and on a number of occasions, I lose track of where that sidearm is.

Some things are worth quoting.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dumbass moves have consequences

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
People make mistakes and forgetting to remove your EDC from your purse is not a capital crime nor is it indicative of anything other than people are human and sometimes forget or get distracted…
Originally Posted by ironbender
+1 A&E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Often have a handgun in my my briefcase and on a number of occasions, I lose track of where that sidearm is.

Originally Posted by Calvin

Child, 2, kills self with gun from mom's purse:

Mother of five shot and killed after children find gun in her purse

Mom fatally shot when son, 2, grabs gun from her purse in Walmart

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

You are correct.

Your infatuation with that comment proves you live in a very small world and don't have very much going on in your life.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by ironbender
+1 A&E

Originally Posted by Calvin

Child, 2, kills self with gun from mom's purse:

Mother of five shot and killed after children find gun in her purse

Mom fatally shot when son, 2, grabs gun from her purse in Walmart

Thanks there Cap.

In case you actually felt the need to inform yourself, I have no children in or around our home. My habits 15-16 years ago are far different than they are now.

When I am at someone's place, my truck is always locked because there is usually a firearm in there. And my biggest concern is a child getting in the vehicle.

But I sure appreciate the judgment oozing from your post.

When are you guys going to grow up and realize not everyone lives in the same world you do? Different people have different lives, environments, circumstances etc.

Last edited by Tarkio; 04/02/23.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Her first mistake was going to CA for any reason.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 41rem, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 60 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,024
Posts18,520,825
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.