V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Someone say leupolds failing?? Kodiak 2020, leupold 2-7 in leupold QD rings. 260yds 375h&h 300gr TSX. Model
70 stainless classic. The irons are zeroed for 100yds.

[Linked Image]

I'm not sure what your point is. Because you have one that didn't fail, they are good to go? Confirmation bias?

No point is I trusted a leupold on a Kodiak bear hunt. While all the leupold haters would’ve said otherwise. Oh and that’s leupold freedom scope as well. By all accounts by leupold haters the reticle should’ve broke on the first shot.

But what do you say to those that DID have their Leupold fail them? Yours didn't so they are liars?
Wow! That would be quite a leap dont you think?.....Hb

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Yugo vs Rambler vs Gremlin vs Pinto vs …

Vega!

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Someone say leupolds failing?? Kodiak 2020, leupold 2-7 in leupold QD rings. 260yds 375h&h 300gr TSX. Model

[Linked Image]

I'm not sure what your point is. Because you have one that didn't fail, they are good to go? Confirmation bias?

No point is I trusted a leupold on a Kodiak bear hunt. While all the leupold haters would’ve said otherwise. Oh and that’s leupold freedom scope as well. By all accounts by leupold haters the reticle should’ve broke on the first shot.

But what do you say to those that DID have their Leupold fail them? Yours didn't so they are liars?

Personally, I don’t think it is much more of a leap than these two statements.

Originally Posted by 79S
By all accounts by leupold haters the reticle should’ve broke on the first shot.

Originally Posted by 79S
Most on here say that scope should’ve lost zero because it’s budget scope.

This site and this thread in particular is chock full of people who complain about generalisms, and express those complaints with generalisms.

I am sure I have done it subconsciously at times too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 79S
By all accounts by leupold haters the reticle should’ve broke on the first shot.

Originally Posted by 79S

This site and this thread in particular is chock full of people who complain about generalisms, and express those complaints with generalisms.

Tiny, I guarantee you, nobody wants to know what you think about subconsciously.

Based on the things you’ll do consciously. That alone makes your subconscious a no go zone.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
And an anecdotal account of one without any controls means what?

Please do not think I am picking on you... I just look at these kinds of threads and shake my head.

What were you thinking when you responded to this thread????

Oh... Did I just do the same thing?

Yeah well... well... well...

What information/data do we have that is not anecdotal?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

You’re bigger than that nice bear.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S

Tiny, I guarantee you, nobody wants to know what you think about subconsciously.

Based on the things you’ll do consciously. That alone makes your subconscious a no go zone.

Lol

🦫

Don’t interrupt me when I am consciously jerking off dude.

It is rude, and distracting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason I stopped buying Leupolds isn’t that they didn’t hold zero for me, but rather because the single-spring models have been such a PITA to get zeroed. Y’all know the drill. Philippine Burris scopes that cost about half as much have worked as they should. I don’t dial those, so can’t say how they’d hold up to that, but JB reports his have done very well.

Any new scopes purchased in the future will likely be Trijicons, SWFA, or Tracts. There are lots of other good ones I’m sure, but those three are proven to me, so why go looking for trouble?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
And an anecdotal account of one without any controls means what?

Please do not think I am picking on you... I just look at these kinds of threads and shake my head.

What were you thinking when you responded to this thread????

Oh... Did I just do the same thing?

Yeah well... well... well...

What information/data do we have that is not anecdotal?
Quite a lot actually.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
K
I can't bring myself to take the K4 off my old 35 Rem lever.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

I'd guess that he has confidence in Leupold. Assuming when the game you are hunting can kill you back.

Last edited by centershot; 03/27/23.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've only had one scope fail and that was a Burris 3-9x on a .300 H&H. After less than 100 rounds the horizontal turret died and would just spin.

My Leupolds have held together and I've been very happy with the Vortex Viper HS I picked up.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still there. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have not used many different scopes. 2 of those $50 Weaver V-7's . An $18 Bushnell Banner that did not have self centering reticles, and a Leupold 2.5-8 all of them saw a lot of use being carried in a scabbards. At times they did get jarred pretty hard and I check my zeros before any hunting trip a few times I had to tweak them. Over 50+ years, they all killed elk or deer This brand of scope vs that kind of scope is about like arguing over head stamp on cartridges

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
J
Only scope failure I’ve ever had was a Leupold VX-3. Contacted company and sent it back. They sent me a new scope. I asked what happened with the original one and they never responded….never been a big fan of them. Only own a couple Leupold’s…..I’ve had great luck with Nikon’s, but they are out of the scope business. Trying my first Vortex now...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,196
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.