Print Thread
Hop To
#18303636 04/02/23
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Does anyone currently manufacture a fixed 6X rimfire scope?
(Parallax set at 50 yds)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Think this might be the only thing on the market, have read a few decent reviews on them (no experience).

Not sure if Leupold will still re-set the parallax anymore? If they do, maybe pick up a 6x42 and send it in?

https://www.amazon.com/Primary-Arms-Classic-Non-Illuminated-Reticle/dp/B00WMYD4R8

Last edited by 69sportfury; 04/02/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You want a 6x MQ with adjustable parallax from 10yds to infinity. Also has 42 Mil's on the erector and another 10 etched on the windshield. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Thank me later...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They don't.

I emailed them on 4/7/22: "Can you change the parallax setting on one of your scopes?"
They answered: "Thank you for your interest, but unfortunately the Leupold Custom Shop is closed indefinitely and we are unable to offer any retrofit or custom build services."

Just checked the Leupold website a couple of minutes ago - Support > Service > Custom Shop. https://www.leupold.com/support/service/custom-shop

"The Custom Shop Is Closed At This Time

Thank you for your continued interest in the Leupold Custom Shop! Unfortunately the Custom Shop remains closed at this time."

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jim - Good to know, too bad though

Here's what Stick is referring to, was thinking they were discontinued but looks like you may be able to backorder one.

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-6x42-ss-30mm-riflescope-105767.html

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 6X SWFA is good to go. I have one on one of my rimfires and it is excellent... if you can't get a new one, you may find a used one on ebay or other outlets...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They don't.

I emailed them on 4/7/22: "Can you change the parallax setting on one of your scopes?"
They answered: "Thank you for your interest, but unfortunately the Leupold Custom Shop is closed indefinitely and we are unable to offer any retrofit or custom build services."

Just checked the Leupold website a couple of minutes ago - Support > Service > Custom Shop. https://www.leupold.com/support/service/custom-shop

Thank you for your continued interest in the Leupold Custom Shop! Unfortunately the Custom Shop remains closed at this time."

WTF does "closed at this time" mean? Anything different from closed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a fixed 6x but I wouldn’t hesitate to go with the Sightron 3-9x32 with its 50 yards parallax.

https://sightron.com/collections/sih-rf/products/sih-rim-fire-br-3-9x32-rf

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
They don't.

Change it yourself.
I did my VX1 3-9X.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This scope is made in the Czech Republic & has parallax adjustable on the front objective starting at 10 yards. But other than it meeting some of your your criteria, I don’t know anything else about it:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/valiant-optics-lynx-6x40mm-rifle-scope.html

IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Not hard to adjust parallax on a scope yourself if your a bit adventurous. I did one myself, not a big deal!

Last edited by meat sticks; 04/02/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They don't.

WTF does "closed at this time" mean? Anything different from closed?

I believe it means that they no longer make, assemble or service anything here (USA) and find it cheaper to replace than repair.

Last edited by centershot; 04/03/23.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by meat sticks
Not hard to adjust parallax on a scope yourself if your a bit adventurous. I did one myself, not a big deal!
I would have NO idea where to begin.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the full text of the announcement on their website:

Thank you for your continued interest in the Leupold Custom Shop! Unfortunately the Custom Shop remains closed at this time.

We are facing an incredible demand for Leupold products. In order to keep bringing the world’s best sporting optics to you, straight from our factory here in Beaverton, Oregon, we have dedicated all of our resources to production and are building inventory as quickly as we can.

Though we do not yet have a date for resuming Custom Shop services, we are actively evaluating the situation with the intent to resume services as soon as possible.

We thank you for your support.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Pugs
Not a fixed 6x but I wouldn’t hesitate to go with the Sightron 3-9x32 with its 50 yards parallax.

https://sightron.com/collections/sih-rf/products/sih-rim-fire-br-3-9x32-rf
I'd be interested, if it had a duplex reticle.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Mark, there was a long thread years ago on how to do a PA change on a Leupold, DIY. You can probably find it with a search - quite sure it was in the optics forum here. I have not done it, but considered it, as it seems quite simple, quick, and much faster than sending one off - IF one COULD get Leupold to do it. Their CS dept and lack of a custom shop is telling...........all about SELLING - NEW.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 65BR
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Mark, there was a long thread years ago on how to do a PA change on a Leupold, DIY. You can probably find it with a search - quite sure it was in the optics forum here. I have not done it, but considered it, as it seems quite simple, quick, and much faster than sending one off - IF one COULD get Leupold to do it. Their CS dept and lack of a custom shop is telling...........all about SELLING - NEW.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ging-parallax-on-a-non-ao-scope-yourself

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mucho garcia! Bookmarked this thread and the thread on rimfirecentral that it references.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.