Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
A good friend of mine has one of these, with double set triggers.
Bone stock
Excellent condition

What’s an approximate value range in today’s market?
Thanks in advance.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What exactly is a "bone stock"?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'm familiar with the Model 70 CZ as a pistol. Unfamiliar in rifle context which it obviously is. But any chance it could be a Zastava Model 70?

Any case, how about hitting up your good friend for some pix? Photos contribute a lot in terms of model nuances, condition and originality. All which can heavily impact value!
Just my take.
Good Luck!
John

Last edited by iskra; 04/03/23.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
What exactly is a "bone stock"?
Unmolested, factory original, exactly as it came from the box?

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by iskra
I'm familiar with the Model 70 CZ as a pistol. Unfamiliar in rifle context which it obviously is. But any chance it could be a Zastava Model 70?

Any case, how about hitting up your good friend for some pix? Photos contribute a lot in terms of model nuances, condition and originality. All which can heavily impact value!
Just my take.
Good Luck!
John
You are very likely correct about it being a Zastava.
Iwill ask him for some pictures

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by iskra

Just my take.
Good Luck!
John

I'm sure it's a Zastava m70, made in Czechoslovakia. As who can spell that fn country out?? I just say CZ as well. No pics on a thread asking for value again, is like tits on a boar hog. As with any rifle, the best way to find out actual value on a factory produced model is by going to Gunbroker and checking completed sales. That will give you the best idea on value. Rifles that have been highly modified are harder to denote value on.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Zavodi Cravena Zastava is on the left side of the
receiver.
Working on pics.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The pics I’m getting are through Facebook Messenger. I’m locked out of my Apple account and can’t do anything to post the pics here. Would one of you folks be willing to get a text from me and post them here please?

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Zastava were not made in Czechoslovakia, and they are not CZ rifles. Made in Serbia now I believe, what was Yugoslavia.

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Value, there has been a .30-06 Zastava LK M70 with DST's on Gunbroker for months offered at $550... Hasn't sold. the 8x57 is usually less desirable.

Worth that, yes, but will peeps pay that? Seems like no.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are on one of the gun auction sites for about 350 bucks. I like the stock shape.

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, Zastavas are CZs now? I see them on GB listed as FNs, so why not?

Good rifles. Someone might pony up a little extra for the DS triggers, but 8x57 is, as mentioned above, a minus for most potential buyers.

Is he looking to sell or just figuring his net worth?

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Zastava and CZ have nothing to do with each other.

CZ stands for Česká zbrojovka which means Czech Armory. Most CZ-marked firearms are connected with Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod (ČZUB) – a Czech firearms manufacturer founded 1936.

Zastava CZ=Crvena Zastava, made in whats now Serbia.

You see many Zastava's listed for sale as CZ's either because they don't know any better or are crooked.

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Zastava were not made in Czechoslovakia, and they are not CZ rifles. Made in Serbia now I believe, what was Yugoslavia.

Correct, Zavodi Cravena Zastava = ZCZ, if you look closely at the CZ and Zastava logos you'll note that they look similar, confusingly so. But look closer you see that the Zastava (Zavodi Cravena Zastava) is actually ZCZ whereas the CZ logo is just that CZ.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Someone imported a whole bunch of these used from a euro rifle club a few years back. They went for very little money at the time, to the point where it was worth the price of the rifle just for the set of double set triggers. Most were taken down and used for actions in other calibers and you could find the stocks and barrels on ebay.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Mark, unless those pix of your friend's are in exotic format, ordinary JPG should be doable by email to you. I'm ever security conscious to a fault, but to ask other members to post pix to me seems a request 'too far'. You should have alternatives! And without actual pix...

I've seen - to me - handsome, plain and ugly Zastavas and between model presentation as well as alterations/condition. Without pix, the valuation request 'too iffy'. The opinion wouldn't do you justice where evaluation isn't "informed." You may well be able find a similar model on the Internet as example suggested above. Maybe construe the value from providing a Website reference. The one generic comment I would offer is that 8x57 isn't lighting many folks' fires in chambering enthusiasm. Nowadays, field guns purchasers, really need to contemplate ammo availability & cost. Even handloading folks too, as their custom/exotic chamberings will be depreciated in value if not "popular" chamberings!
Just a suggestion & genuinely, good luck!
Best!
John

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Yes. Made before the wall came down. The LK M70s can be a little rough in terms of the action, but they smooth out, and you can find them in some very cool chamberings (sometimes with the double set trigger). I sold off a 7x64 with the double trigger... and it's my biggest rifle regret to this day!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 25 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.