-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
B&C's can be pressed into service. Hint............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Are the B&C’s light enough for the sporter barrel? I can’t tell from the picture if that is the sporter or heavy barrel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd not B&C,but you can. Hint............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Are the B&C’s light enough for the sporter barrel? I can’t tell from the picture if that is the sporter or heavy barrel.

B&C shows 2 versions. M40 is for heavy or Sporter barrel. Sporter for the Sporter barrel.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
B&C's can be pressed into service. Hint............

I'd not B&C,but you can. Hint............(grin)

But you have.... crazy

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks guys. Yea I realize they make a stock for the sporter I was asking if it’s light enough for the sporter. At the advertised 2 pounds and with Sticks reply I don’t believe it is. Good looking stock though.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Waiting for my Howa mini 6ARC to show up at the LGS. In the meantime I've been pondering stock upgrades - Stocky's, one variation or another**, B&C, or Oregon Gunsmithing.

** I see where Stocky's not only has the standard Sporter stock (1sts and 2nds), but also a vertical grip version at 20oz.

Seems like quite a few have opted for the Stocky's Sporter. Would like some input from those that went the B&C or OG route.

I started to grab one of the vertical grip's from Stocky's but ended up pulling the trigger on a sporter second....price was just to good. I like Howa's factory version well enough, I figure Stocky's is the same. At some point I'd like to try one of the vertical grip versions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's upsetting to Window Lickers,that I simply shoot it all and then some,which never don't not crack me THE fhuqk up. 'Course,not even I,can shoot it until it's Invented. Hint.(grin)

Shoulda' done this prior,but it's been a whirlwind and I jut opened another. JO Gen2 BDL bottom guts,will happily digest 2.465" COAL,which is obviously a fhuqking Game CHANGER. .620 BC ARC 7.5" RPM OEM Smooches anyone? Hint.

I'd not B&C,but you can and hopefully Wildflower does. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys. Yea I realize they make a stock for the sporter I was asking if it’s light enough for the sporter. At the advertised 2 pounds and with Sticks reply I don’t believe it is. Good looking stock though.

Weight is probably within a few ounces of the factory Tupperware. I'd hazard to guess that the B&C beats the Tupperware hands down when it comes to stiffness.

In my case, I intend to have the gun resting on a tripod, whether it be using a Bog Death Grip or an Arca rail. My preference is the Arca rail. That said, weight is not as big of an issue as it might be for someone wanting a lighter 'carry' gun. In the same context I could have gone with the 20" HB, but I ordered what I could get.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
.... I jut opened another. JO Gen2 BDL bottom guts,...................

I'll trade you 2 Howa factory bottom plastics and 4 mags for it.... I'll even go all out and cover shipping.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
.... I jut opened another. JO Gen2 BDL bottom guts,...................

I'll trade you 2 Howa factory bottom plastics and 4 mags for it.... I'll even go all out and cover shipping.

I'm sure Wildflower and Shefire would be all over it,except the part about having something to start with. Hint.(grin)

Your kind spirit,is noted! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
6ARC Mini 22" sporter
B&C
JO BM
4-16 Arken
Total weight = 7lb-12oz

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd not B&C,but you can and hopefully Wildflower does. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

And I might.

Do tell us why you'd not. Afterall, you do have first- hand knowledge of the top 3 candidates.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
6ARC Mini 22" sporter
B&C
JO BM
4-16 Arken
Total weight = 7lb-12oz

Thank you. I guess my question wasn’t understood. I’m not that concerned about the total weight of anything but I want everything to balance.

I have a sporter in a vertical grip stocky with JO bottom metal. So knowing how it handles I was curious if the 2 pound B&C was working out. I like the looks but I don’t think it would balance out for me.

All this and that said I’m not sure I’ll get anymore anyway. By the time you buy the gun stock trigger bottom metal and have the barrel cut it’s getting pretty pricey. Then again what else can you buy for less?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Balance and handling,are only understood by those who actually shoot. Hint.

To the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Balance and handling,are only understood by those who actually shoot. Hint.

To the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

Yes
Thank you !

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After, for reasons know only to the USPS, spending three days in sunny Puerto fugging Rico on its way from CA to WV, my floorplate assembly from JO has landed here.

Nice stuff, Chris, just like the CZ mag unit. Thanks for squeezing me in!

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
After, for reasons know only to the USPS, spending three days in sunny Puerto fugging Rico on its way from CA to WV, my floorplate assembly from JO has landed here.

Nice stuff, Chris, just like the CZ mag unit. Thanks for squeezing me in!

I have a few shipments from last week go to some roundabout locations before being delivered, while a couple are still making the circuit....I have to wonder sometimes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a package last Fall, that after landing and lingering a while in our Regional Hub in Harrisburg, PA, got up and headed to Cairo, IN, then to Kansas City (forgot which), then back to Harrisburg, and finally our little local P.O.

Fascinating stuff……

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
6ARC Mini 22" sporter
B&C
JO BM
4-16 Arken
Total weight = 7lb-12oz

My 6.5 in a Wayne’s World stock with his bottom metal (until Saturday), and a Triji Credo HX 1-6 in QRWs on Warne bases, goes IIRC 6-7, a bit heavier than my Fieldcraft with an Accupoint 3-9.

My Carbon .223 with JO CZ unit, a rail, and a Tract 3-15 in IIRC MT rings is somewhat heavier, just over 7 I think.

Toted mostly a pre-64 .270 for about 30 years, so this is quite a change. Even my BACO .308 is only 7 3/4lbs, about 2lbs lighter than its older brother.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1Longbow, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,591
Posts18,511,213
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.