Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
A much better way to explore the beautiful backcountry and deviate off the "beaten path" so to speak. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I rode with a guy last weekend that has a husky 250i.
He loves the thing. I’m eyeballing the yz250x…….

Other than not having an electric start, the 250X is a phenomenal bike. Great motor, great suspension and razor sharp handling. My oldest son had one for 3 years and loved it. Rode it all over the Central Rockies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
50 years ago in college…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by johnn
You guys ever see/ride one of these?

No. WTF is it?

Its a Hesketh, 1000Cc, the front two cylinders from a Cosworth V-8.
A Australian buddy bought one years ago (80's), pretty unique. Lord Alexander Hesketh wanted to make motor bikes, did so for a few years...
Had a Cock decal on the tank..... (rooster).

I rode it a couple of times, he shut the gas off on me once, I made sure I was in front after that!
Cool! That’s a new one on me.

Any idea what that is over there behind the Sportster? Surely it isn’t a Vincent!

I believe that is a Norton, there were a few Vincents around back in the day. Fairbanks had a lot of 2 wheelers around especially during and after the pipeline, guys would get off the slope with pockets full O cash and want a toy. I may have a few pics if anyone is interested.

The Hesketh never made the HP his Lordship was hoping for, ended up detuning it for some reason or another.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Started collecting ATC's a few years back. I added a Yamaha Trimoto 200 since then.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I bought a new TW200 last year to back road and scout on.

I put a deposit on a '23 last month, they won't know until sometime this month if they can get one. Fingers crossed.

For the longest time, TWs wouldn't sell. I can remember dealers have 2-3 year old new stock. They seem to have caught a second wind. I wish the'd drop the XT250 motor into it.
Yes it used to be they always had left-over models, I think that's part of the shortage jive. I think dealers are under contact to take a brands bikes every year whether the last years model on the dealers floor has sold or not.
In ft. walton beach a local dealer had a brand-new model and new in crate dating back three previous years. < Obama economy.
You'd think they would be willing to wheelNdeal on the unsold models but they would only come off of MSRP ? $150 ...
Two dealerships in the area went out of business and the bikes were repo'd by the manufacturer.
Anyway, I'm buying a TW to hunt/trap/scout with. Very simple and reliable, quiet, 75mpg etc..

Story;
There was a cross-country race out west somewhere 10-12 years ago, someone on TW200 forum posted it. Really rough area steep/woods/boulder fields/side-hilling/washed out roads/etc. , every kind of bike, all against one another. KTM's/Huskies/CR-F/YZ 250/300/450/+? .
Two old'ish guys entered on TW's just for fun. The big bikes blasted off and gone, t-dubs trailing the pack. These two guys rode together and helped each other push/pull/drag the t-dubs across the countryside.
Long story less long, when they got within sight of the finish-line people started running towards them clapping. They thought they had taken so long that these people were glad they didn't have to come and rescue them. They were embarrassed until they were informed they were the only two to make it to the finish. Most riders had turned around and went back.

Here's a comparison of t-dub vs slightly bigger CC big on hillclimb.
I couldn't find the video of t-dub with a few 230cc/250cc bikes climbing hills, t-dubs fat back tire works..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I Rode with a guy last weekend who has a new TW200, while 2 of us were on WR250Rs. It actually did better than I expected!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I Rode with a guy last weekend who has a new TW200, while 2 of us were on WR250Rs. It actually did better than I expected!
A TW can do a lot of things 'ok' , it's not meant to be fast, hit jumps, do wheelies, stand-up on the pegs and blow across rough terrain. It's not for thrills and redlining the engine down trails.
To me it's a bike to get me and my gear somewhere quietly and then back home, helping me cover a lot of ground instead of walking.

I almost went with a Honda Trail-125, it just wouldn't have enough power and traction for what I plan on doing when I get moved back to Idaho.. If I were going to remain living here in Arkansas I'd have bought the little Honda.

I'll use the TW for wolf hunting, scouting, howling/glassing in search of a pack.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to try one of these. If I can pick up a bike on Copart, I'll probably try it.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by fester
A much better way to explore the beautiful backcountry and deviate off the "beaten path" so to speak. grin

I rode with a guy last weekend that has a husky 250i.
He loves the thing. I’m eyeballing the yz250x…….

Other than not having an electric start, the 250X is a phenomenal bike. Great motor, great suspension and razor sharp handling. My oldest son had one for 3 years and loved it. Rode it all over the Central Rockies.
Great picture!👍🏻

I owned a 2003 yz250 years ago. I regret selling it. Great engine, tuned stock suspension was good enough for me. Easy to work on/re build etc…

The yz250x has my attention these days and I don’t mind not having electric start.

What Husky do you have? 350fe?
How do you like the Rekluse?

I looked closer and see it’s a fx350.
Nice bike, wbyfan

Last edited by fester; 04/05/23.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I would like to try one of these. If I can pick up a bike on Copart, I'll probably try it.

I'd be interested in seeing how that rides too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by K1500
V-Strom does a lot of things well. I’ve been out of the MC game for a while, but guys used to use a large O-ring as a low rent throttle lock.

Motorcycles were my everyday transportation into my 40’s. These things are called ‘motorcycle throttle assists’, once I tried one I didn’t ride without one. Especially valuable on those all-day interstate grinds.

Not a cruise control of course but a big help, right up there with earplugs and the heated hand grips my Beemer had 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel
50 years ago in college…

'72 SL 350?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Harley Roadglide unlimited

Setting for some coyote hunting hunting

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

LIKE ! ! !
The ultimate off pavement adventure bike.

$10K ?

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
I rode this for a few years in the 70s

Sold it 20 years ago to guy from Anchorage

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

LIKE ! ! !

$10K ?

I've got some of my parts, I just need some time to start getting things put together. I'm going to try and get a wide front end on my T Dub.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

LIKE ! ! !

$10K ?

I've got some of my parts, I just need some time to start getting things put together. I'm going to try and get a wide front end on my T Dub.

Heck yeah!! Cool project!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by shrapnel
50 years ago in college…

'72 SL 350?

Yup...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.