Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MPat70
A truck driver couldn't see 13 bison standing in the road?

Could be like cows, in a good snow they wear it until they are coated white.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awww...
Those godlike stewards of nature.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More wolves is the solution!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Awww...
Those godlike stewards of nature.

Wolves are the new stewards of nature!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Prwlr
About the wolves one could only hope..............
Wolves are doing good I bet. Tons of butchered and unbutchered carcasses scattered about. They eat guts too if they are like most canines.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buff match the road color on blacktop. At 60 or 65 mph you probably ain’t got a helluva lotta time to avoid hitting them at night. Factor in weather conditions as others have pointed out, it’s not hard to picture.
I’ve seen numerous times of a semi taking out 6 or more deer at a clip at night. Even on secondary roads.
When you’ve got the pedal down your margin for error shrinks. The faster you go, the less reaction time you got!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think this link will open, it did for me. It is mostly natives killing the bison.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/04/science/bison-hunt-yellowstone-native-americans.html

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
POS fish and game offered nothing as far as tags. It’s all about landowners now. And I say f u c k e m. Only reason they didn’t offer them up for sale to Hanoi Jane is because they took a beating the last time. F U CK FWP!

Oh and f uck costner and all the fa g go ts that watch Yellowstone.

Last edited by WhiteTrash; 04/06/23.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A truck driver plowed into a herd of cattle a few miles from my place. Killed 14 head.

So yeah, it can happen.

Heck, an electrician I worked with hit 4 horses with a Chevy Blazer on the way to the job in the morning. Killed all 4.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
It's not uncommon for them to be in the road during the winter months. It's a whole lot easier for them to migrate to wherever they're going using a plowed roadway than it is to plow through the depths of snow off the road.
Sometimes they're in single file and you stand a chance of getting around them pretty easily and other times they take up the whole road and you're on their time getting around them.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Those buffs where smacked about 400 yards north of the Madison River on 191. You can't see chit after dark right there. I came so close to whacking a cow elk right there last summer I didn't even have time to let off the gas. Dark, dark buffs on a dark pavement. No surprise they got hit.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would think after he plowed the first one he saw the rest of them lol, need to see pics of the truck LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BangPop
Those buffs where smacked about 400 yards north of the Madison River on 191. You can't see chit after dark right there. I came so close to whacking a cow elk right there last summer I didn't even have time to let off the gas. Dark, dark buffs on a dark pavement. No surprise they got hit.

That's Ingwe's barrio ain't it? I love the area....beautiful in the summer/fall lol..... I'm too big a puzzi to survive winter there. Lol.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Usually there’s carloads of hippies strategically parked every couple miles to haze bison back into the park before they get shot. Haven’t seen any of ‘em this year, weather’s been too bad.

It’s worth mentioning that these haze/hunts tend to happen every year to some degree to keep the bison from mingling with cattle. If Montana looses it’s brucellosis free status, a multi billion dollar industry is at risk.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I suspect buffs in the dark on the blacktop are just about as visible as moose in the dark on the blacktop. Just about not at all.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
I would think after he plowed the first one he saw the rest of them lol, need to see pics of the truck LOL
Folks who’ve had sheltered lives and lived in towns don’t realize what driving after dark means to those of us who populate the sticks! Furthermore, a semi can weigh in most states up to 80,000 pounds! You get 40 tons trucking along at 60 plus, you’ve got your hands full to begin with!
When it gets dark, I drive even more defensively. I’ve been damn lucky too!
I can avoid deer on the road, but the ones off the road who think they can make it will Phuq a vehicle up!
Now picture some stupid critter weighing 1/2 a ton or more and think about it!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bet you can get a cooler full of buff meat cheap on the Rez now. Same way you can get speared walleye cheap on the Rez`s in Wisconsin. Need wampum for beer and meth.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder how many wolves have been killed following them out of the park. I'm all for that as well.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash
POS fish and game offered nothing as far as tags. It’s all about landowners now. And I say f u c k e m. Only reason they didn’t offer them up for sale to Hanoi Jane is because they took a beating the last time. F U CK FWP!

Oh and f uck costner and all the fa g go ts that watch Yellowstone.
Who's your favorite character on the show? Don't you find Rip just dreamy?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, hell. Have you been to Yellowstone? They’re cool the first few you see up close but pretty soon the damn things are nothing but a traffic jam.

Kill ‘em. Kill twice that.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (boatboy, Blueeagle, 35, Boarmaster123, blackhawk44, 8 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,237
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.