Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Mine only last about 12 hrs on a charge. If you get up at 6 ish they are dead by 6 or maybe 8 at night. Rather inconvenient. Edk

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
People often won't wear them around home, just when they're out in public. That doesn't work well. The brain will adjust to them to make them work but you have to wear them all the time.

I have a little tinnitus. I never hear it when I'm wearing the aids, only when I don't have them in. Somehow the aids silence it. I can't explain how or why.

I have had some tinnitus for about 20 years but it hasn't gotten much worse. Screwed up my ears scuba diving.

No personal experience with hearing aids, but I have spent a lot of time around a couple people that had them and another that needs them, but won't admit it. In my opinion most people wait too long to get them. The brain gets used to not having all the normal background noise and then when they do get aids and hear it again, the brain is on overload until it adapts again. If you don't keep wearing them or keep jacking the volume up and down, you will never adapt. The standard complaint about restaurants isn't a problem with the hearing aids. A person with normal hearing gets all the same noise, but their brain is used to it and can do a better job of filtering.

The other observation I have made is that people who can't hear well, don't understand how annoying it is to have to continually repeat everything you say to them. It sort of becomes a habit with them to say "huh" or "what" constantly.

I always wear electronic muffs or a pair of Walker Silencers when I am shooting. Foam plugs around small engines.

Just my .02

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 30% loss in high frequencies and Costco aides work fine. As mentioned, not perfect but can tell the difference. Have used them for up to 16 hours and batteries were fine. They recharge fast too. Have had them for little over a year. Can get by without but would rather not. Mother just had hers replaced and their current models were right at 1700. That is up from the 1500 I paid a year ago but still far less than local audiologists.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
ReSound

Does Costco sell those?

Don’t know! Google ReSound! Cheap hearing aids are just that…..cheap! I’ve got $2500.00 in each ear!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
Mine only last about 12 hrs on a charge. If you get up at 6 ish they are dead by 6 or maybe 8 at night. Rather inconvenient. Edk
I'm usually up about 6 and they'll last until close to midnight.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ERK

I get more than that but do have to charge every night or they will be dead by morning.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Saddlesore, I don't know where you got the idea that Costco doesn't sell regular batteries for hearing aids. I just bought a supply yesterday.

A set of regular batteries last a week for me. I turn them off at night and when doing something like going into the shower. They are removed from my ears when showering in case that was unclear!

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Saddlesore, I don't know where you got the idea that Costco doesn't sell regular batteries for hearing aids. I just bought a supply yesterday.

A set of regular batteries last a week for me. I turn them off at night and when doing something like going into the shower. They are removed from my ears when showering in case that was unclear!

Jim
They also have battery operated hearing aids. Rechargeables cost just a bit more and more yet if you want a power pack for when you don't have power available.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
CSB Offline
I've been wearing for almost 10 yrs.. Mostly Oticon also had a pair of Phonak. I just had my regular Oticons sent out for an Overhaul this week, $600.00. These use rechargables and you can also use reg. batteries. If your looking around and have questions about Hearing Aids, here is a site. Any questions????? you'll get answers!!!!! https://forum.hearingtracker.com
CSB 49

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim

Jim
I did not say they did not sell batteries, I said they don't sell hearing aides that take replaceable batteries. I fixed it so it is more readable.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you are aVet sign up for the VA. They issue top quality and either free batteries or rechargeable, your choice.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My appt is next week. I guess I have to decide batteries or rechargeable.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by ERK
I'm usually up about 6 and they'll last until close to midnight.

5 days with ReSound #13 batteries!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It seems that I’ve read that there are aids with noise canceling technology that virtually eliminates tinnitus.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
My appt is next week. I guess I have to decide batteries or rechargeable.

I have had hearing aids for almost 12 years. I wear them from get up in the morning to lights out at night. My battery's average around 6 1/2 days. VA gives me new hearing aids every 3 years. This month I will be getting my first rechargeable. I will keep the ones I have now for off grid times.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
It seems that I’ve read that there are aids with noise canceling technology that virtually eliminates tinnitus.
I did a bit of googling after reading the replies here, which I do appreciate very much, and apparently they do make hearing aids that help with tinnitus so im going to be calling around for a local audiologist tomorrow. It took me quite a while to finally figure out that when I was sitting in my quiet living room some days that I didn't actually have an annoying neighborhood playing loud music with a bass line reverberating.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got Philips hearing aids at Costco. They have a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into your TV that allows you to hear the volume thru your hearing aids- so mama can sleep while you watch.

$2005 - blue cross covered them 100%.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm told mine are not noticeable.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
There is a new tech out that is showing great success in treating tinnitus. It employs hearing aides and a secondary stimulator to the tongue. Bimodal- neuro stimulation. Sounds intriguing.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
W
W
I have had Kirkland 10 rechargeable $1400.00 for about 2 years and really like them. I get 18 hours + - on a charge. Takes about 3 hours to charge them if you want a full charge from dead, less if they still have some charge. I bought a battery backup charger to take on trips, back packing and such. I get 4 charges from this battery back up. The battery backup itself recharges really quickly, about 1 hour. I have had battery hearing aids before and they are ok, but I prefer the rechargeable type. I plug them in when I go to bed and they are ready when I get up. they took about a month to get used to. After that, not much different than putting on glasses. Can't see or hear without "help" now days.

I used to have to blast the TV on 30-32 volume when my wife only needed 18, now I can hear it clearly at 14-16. I can now hear a turkey gobble for the first time in about 6 years. I look forward to hearing an elk bugle again.
Techs at Costco were GREAT!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 66 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.