Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Sako
Public Boat ramps are hilarious at times... a couple of those are from Hanover inlet...
Haulover Inlet in FL. Search "WAVY boats" on YouTube for more. Also search "blue top legend" for two teenage chicks who run Haulover like a boss!

The Blue Top gals have taken a few hard hits, but have never stuffed the bow or taken water on board like so many of the gold chain wearing boaters in their million dollar plus mid-engine boats have done in Haulover inlet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We Oregon salty dogs must be made of sterner stuff. I don’t see anything like that at the coastal boat ramps; not that it doesn’t happen, but it’s far from common. Perhaps because folks going out on the ocean are highly unlikely to be noobs?

The ramps (2) at say Newport are an absolute zoo beyond description at dawn on a weekend when halibut season is on and ocean salmon are in season. Perhaps even worse in the afternoon when folks are taking out. We figure it out. Everyone is in the same boat (no pun) and there’s a lot of helping out and comraderie. I went out on the ocean solo a couple weeks ago and had guys come running to help me dock, not because I needed help (no wind) but because salty folks are good people and we help each other out.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't put in at Newport for quite a while but that darned ramp was the slickest piece of concrete I've ever driven on. Even in four wheel drive I had a heck of a time taking my boat out of there a couple times... You're right though about the guys willing to help out there. Unlike at Warrenton where you better be good and fast getting your boat in the water and your truck/trailer out of the way... you will hear about it if you don't know what you are doing... I have to say I've never seen any nonsense like the morons in the video anywhere in Oregon or Washington

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try some of the lakes within 100 miles of Portland on a hot 4th of July weekend. Lines near a mile long.

1Minute
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
All of these people over 18 get to vote. I wonder which party most of them vote for?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Proving once again that money and brains are not mutually inclusive.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I went out on the ocean solo a couple weeks ago and had guys come running to help me dock

I bet that looked like a Village People reunion.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We Oregon salty dogs must be made of sterner stuff. I don’t see anything like that at the coastal boat ramps; not that it doesn’t happen, but it’s far from common. Perhaps because folks going out on the ocean are highly unlikely to be noobs?

The ramps (2) at say Newport are an absolute zoo beyond description at dawn on a weekend when halibut season is on and ocean salmon are in season. Perhaps even worse in the afternoon when folks are taking out. We figure it out. Everyone is in the same boat (no pun) and there’s a lot of helping out and comraderie. I went out on the ocean solo a couple weeks ago and had guys come running to help me dock, not because I needed help (no wind) but because salty folks are good people and we help each other out.

JefFO. are you still using drugs on a daily basis? Remember when you spread disinformation on here stating Trump colluded with Russia for 6 years?

How did that turn out?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka

JefFO. are you still using drugs on a daily basis? Remember when you spread disinformation on here stating Trump colluded with Russia for 6 years?

How did that turn out?

LMAO!

And JeffO is now an OR Salty Dog! LOL.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Idiots are everywhere

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon coast style

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sometimes I’m on a boat but I avoid the idiocy.

Repercussions are too severe.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 8 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.