Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TRnCO
09 FJR here going on about 8 years.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]DSCN1389 by .com/photos/156405073N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

Great bikes. Mine got 50+ MPG at elevation in CO. Do you recognize this CO landmark?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
About as far as I got. My brother was the rider, from a Taco 22 through multiple Harley's onto Ducati's. At 67 he is still riding Ducati's latest.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I bought a new TW200 last year to back road and scout on.

I put a deposit on a '23 last month, they won't know until sometime this month if they can get one. Fingers crossed.

For the longest time, TWs wouldn't sell. I can remember dealers have 2-3 year old new stock. They seem to have caught a second wind. I wish the'd drop the XT250 motor into it.
Yes it used to be they always had left-over models, I think that's part of the shortage jive. I think dealers are under contact to take a brands bikes every year whether the last years model on the dealers floor has sold or not.
In ft. walton beach a local dealer had a brand-new model and new in crate dating back three previous years. < Obama economy.
You'd think they would be willing to wheelNdeal on the unsold models but they would only come off of MSRP ? $150 ...
Two dealerships in the area went out of business and the bikes were repo'd by the manufacturer.
Anyway, I'm buying a TW to hunt/trap/scout with. Very simple and reliable, quiet, 75mpg etc..

Story;
There was a cross-country race out west somewhere 10-12 years ago, someone on TW200 forum posted it. Really rough area steep/woods/boulder fields/side-hilling/washed out roads/etc. , every kind of bike, all against one another. KTM's/Huskies/CR-F/YZ 250/300/450/+? .
Two old'ish guys entered on TW's just for fun. The big bikes blasted off and gone, t-dubs trailing the pack. These two guys rode together and helped each other push/pull/drag the t-dubs across the countryside.
Long story less long, when they got within sight of the finish-line people started running towards them clapping. They thought they had taken so long that these people were glad they didn't have to come and rescue them. They were embarrassed until they were informed they were the only two to make it to the finish. Most riders had turned around and went back.

Here's a comparison of t-dub vs slightly bigger CC big on hillclimb.
I couldn't find the video of t-dub with a few 230cc/250cc bikes climbing hills, t-dubs fat back tire works..

I hope it's low to the ground for your sake. 23" inseam and a 56" waist. I'm thinking a motocross or trail bike b too tall.

laugh ohHale, you have one heck-of-a-memory laugh > I'm going to be leaving this forum...............

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Too much chips n dips…😂

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by johnn
I rode this for a few years in the 70s

Sold it 20 years ago to guy from Anchorage

BSA? Love the chrome tank ànd fenders.

Last edited by Jahrs; 04/08/23.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I hope it's low to the ground for your sake. 23" inseam and a 56" waist. I'm thinking a motocross or trail bike b too tall.

laugh ohHale, you have one heck-of-a-memory laugh > I'm going to be leaving this forum...............[/quote]

Be careful on that scooter, sounds like a nice little bike.

Last edited by Jahrs; 04/08/23.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
One motorcycle I wish the family would have kept was a 200 cc Bridgestone.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by johnn
I rode this for a few years in the 70s

Sold it 20 years ago to guy from Anchorage

BSA? Love the chrome tank ànd fenders.
1970 Royal Enfield, Series II Interceptor was the model.
750 cc, it was a torque monster back in the day.
Last year they were made, I think mine may have been the very last one and they were on hurry to get to the pub.
Neat bike, it was a great ride, that engine was very noisy.!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Willow street dyno at the Comp shop, back in the day.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would like to try one of these. If I can pick up a bike on Copart, I'll probably try it.

I'd be interested in seeing how that rides too.

I would like to try one of these. If I can pick up a bike on Copart, I'll probably try it.

LIKE ! ! !
The ultimate off pavement adventure bike.

$10K ?

I've got some of my parts, I just need some time to start getting things put together. I'm going to try and get a wide front end on my T Dub.

ATV wheel kit for TW?

Kind of but not really a kit. This should work but I'm on my own for the R&D and working the kinks out. I want to get it going before I give any advice in case the theory doesn't line up with reality.

I think the guy in Arkansas who sells the rear trailer wheel conversion is also working on a ATV front end kit. I was scared he was going to reuse the T Dub front forks in his kit so I went the DIY route. I wanted to upgrade the forks when I widened to front end.

I'll keep you in the loop as this comes together.

I have his rear hub kit. I had to put it on my lathe and recut all the trunnions as they were out of plane. He's a little sloppy

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I think that was looking south out of Gateway?

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think that was looking south out of Gateway?

Gateway it is. Looking at Palisade.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
'21 Street Glide Special and the '19 Limited in the background. Been on two wheels for over 50 years.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Anyone go to the ROT rally or is over?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

I'd be interested in seeing how that rides too.

LIKE ! ! !
The ultimate off pavement adventure bike.

$10K ?

I've got some of my parts, I just need some time to start getting things put together. I'm going to try and get a wide front end on my T Dub.

ATV wheel kit for TW?

Kind of but not really a kit. This should work but I'm on my own for the R&D and working the kinks out. I want to get it going before I give any advice in case the theory doesn't line up with reality.

I think the guy in Arkansas who sells the rear trailer wheel conversion is also working on a ATV front end kit. I was scared he was going to reuse the T Dub front forks in his kit so I went the DIY route. I wanted to upgrade the forks when I widened to front end.

I'll keep you in the loop as this comes together.

I have his rear hub kit. I had to put it on my lathe and recut all the trunnions as they were out of plane. He's a little sloppy

That's good to know, what did he say about it?

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Yep Paul the best riding in this state over there. Been through there several times and that's about where my pic. above was taken.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep Paul the best riding in this state over there. Been through there several times and that's about where my pic. above was taken.

Your pic favored that part of the state. I love the ride along 141. I have seen elk, bighorns, mule deer and bear there.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Your pic favored that part of the state. I love the ride along 141. I have seen elk, bighorns, mule deer and bear there.

Did you get one?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Did you get one?

I emptied the clip on my Glock 9 while she stood there mocking me.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 1,938 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,874
Posts18,497,605
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.