Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
😂: Woke Actor Goes on Berserk Twitter Rant Blaming “Straight People” after Woke Movie “Bros” Bombs at Box Office
If you were to come up with a movie that sounded utterly unappealing to the normal person in America, you’d probably come up with “Bros.” Here’s the film’s “about” description:

Bobby is a neurotic podcast host who’s happy to go on Tinder dates and content not to have a serious relationship. That all changes when he meets Aaron, an equally detached lawyer who likes to play the field. Repeatedly drawn to each other, both men begin to show their vulnerable sides as their undeniable attraction turns into something resembling a commitment.

Yeah, so I won’t be seeing that. And many other average Americans felt the same way, as the movie, which came out over the weekend, brought in a dismally small $4.8 million from 3,350 locations. LOL.

So the guy behind the movie, Billy Eichner, went on a hysteric Twitter rant demanding that everyone who’s not “homophobic” go see the film and blaming “straight people” for its utter flopping. In his words:

Last night I snuck in and sat in the back of a sold out theater playing BROS in LA. The audience howled with laughter start to finish, burst into applause at the end, and some were wiping away tears as they walked out. It was truly magical. Really. I am VERY proud of this movie.

Rolling Stone already has BROS on the list of the best comedies of the 21st century. What’s also true is that at one point a theater chain called Universal and said they were pulling the trailer because of the gay content. (Uni convinced them not to). America, [bleep] yeah, etc etc.

That’s just the world we live in, unfortunately. Even with glowing reviews, great Rotten Tomatoes scores, an A CinemaScore etc, straight people, especially in certain parts of the country, just didn’t show up for Bros. And that’s disappointing but it is what it is

Everyone who ISN’T a homophobic weirdo should go see BROS tonight! You will have a blast! And it *is* special and uniquely powerful to see this particular story on a big screen, esp for queer folks who don’t get this opportunity often. I love this movie so much. GO BROS!!! ❤🌈

Later he was coping hard, saying that the box office isn’t what matters. In his words:

Box office, as we all know, has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a movie. And tweeting about a movie you haven’t actually seen is meaningless. That’s just twitter bullshit. The majority of people who see Bros really love it! Go check it out and see for yourself!

And yes I’m going to continue tweeting about Bros every day for the next year just to spite you! 😂❤GO BROS!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!#BrosMovie

While Eichner claimed the film got great reviews (it does have a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes), it has, as of now, only a 5.4 on IMDB. It’s almost like people would prefer actual comedy rather than woke virtue signaling barely disguised as “comedy”… we’ll see if Hollywood studios and the woke actors in them ever learn that lesson

https://patriotfetch.com/2022/10/lo...ke-movie-bros-bombs-at-box-office-wiley/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just goes to show that these people live in their little bubble where everyone like and supports them. But they have no clue that 80%+ DON'T GIVE A FÛCK ABOUT THEIR QUEER LIFESTYLE!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Where the Twitter link so I can go on there and tell them people don't want to see a bunch of fa.gs.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess I'm a Homophobic Weirdo........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Where the Twitter link so I can go on there and tell them people don't want to see a bunch of fa.gs.
https://twitter.com/EynoufElizabeth/status/1645927299206742020?t=AGxvzWugfx0S_BJlISiP_A&s=19

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
From the article. " ... Later he [Billy Eichner] was coping hard, saying that the box office isn’t what matters. ..."

What an ignorant cry baby

I do not know who that whiner is but I guarantee him, in Hollywood, BOX OFFICE is Everything. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Did the gender queers line up and pay good money to see Top Gun: Maverick........????

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just one of the movies that i won't be going to see.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prolly still be nominated for an Oscar.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The replies were brutal!!! LMAO

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Prolly still be nominated for an Oscar.

Absolutely, 100% guaranteed.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Me and movies in general are done. Good, bad, right or left....I'm not giving them a nickel.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
or at least some weiner

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rotten tomatoes is basically an online poll, and as we know, they can be easily skewed by certain invested groups through social media campaigns.

From the description, sounds like a Woody Allan type movie, you know, self absorbed, provincial, big city dwellers going about their meaningless little lives. Except, in this case, without eye candy.

Can’t imagine why people don’t go see it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wiener wars? No thanks

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Fuggem! They can all rot in hell !

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I imagine the outrage by actors has something to do with a lot of them hitting the trend of not taking a paycheck but a percentage of the movie's earnings as payment.

It flops - they lose out.

Me

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Just when I was really liking being a Deplorable, I get a new label.
I doubt it will be playing in my area.

Bob R

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's nuthin, wait til ya hear Anheuser Busch squeal.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 160user, 204guy, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,851
Posts18,496,993
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.