Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TxJW
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by TxJW
They will ship directly from Bill Hicks in a few days.
How did they handle FFL requirements? Is there a point during the checkout process where they ask for dealer info?

Yes, in the checkout, you will be asked for what dealer to ship to. When the gun is received by the local dealer, it will have a receipt inside showing the drop ship from Bill Hicks.
Thanks, Tx. 🙂

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
JO offers a BDL bottom metal as well as a a blind mag version. Does anyone know if there is a weight difference and a magazine length difference?

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kandpand
JO offers a BDL bottom metal as well as a a blind mag version. Does anyone know if there is a weight difference and a magazine length difference?

Can’t speak to the weight, but Chris at JO said both units use the same box.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure wish there was a way to get notified when the JO units are back in stock.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same or just the option to back order. I need at least 2

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Mini 22” sporter; stocky’s second cf; factory mag - 4# 14 oz on my scale.

Picked mine up from the LGS last night. Can confirm that the model Hicks had 63 of, is in fact the 22" Sporter. Haven't had a chance to give a real close look, but I know the stock will end up being replaced. Unfortunately Stocky's is out of seconds, and OG is 3-5 months out according to my converation with Wayne earlier in the week. cry
Got a link for that Hicks unit?

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/mini-6arc-22-thrd-bl-6-18-vrtx-sling#product_detail

Gunzonedeals.com is great to work with and easy. Shipping g is higher than some sights, but it was a wash in the end.
They will also ship to AK!

Last edited by Hudge; 04/09/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Biathlonman

Ditto. Maybe HPK is watching/listening.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H

Ditto. Maybe HPK is watching/listening.

If anyone wants to be notified, just PM me with your email address or use the contact form on my website and I will add you to the contact list.

I'm running a little behind schedule but expect to have more before the end of the month.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Was going to eventually pitch together a .223 AI (like I need another rifle), but y’all have about talked me into one of these.
‘Fire’s gotta be the most expensive “free” thing I do…..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stocky's CF mini 2nd came today. Actually pretty impressed. Little bit of CF deformation in a couple places right up against the recoil pad. Pin head size void in the stock just behind the safety. Comb height is better than the factory, at least for me a Kahles CL 3-9x42 in Leupold Open range 1" lows on a EGW pic rail. Barrel channel clearance is even all way down. Again pretty pleased. Gotta take a Scotch-brite pad and knock sheen off the finish though, and maybe a faux-Manners sponge paint.

Weighed the gun - 6# 7.5oz. That's the 22" sporter with Stocky's CF, DIP bottom metal (for now), factory magazine, EGW pic rail and Leupold Open Range 1" lows and a Kahles CL 3-9x42. Certainly could shed a few ounces with Talley LWs but I want the pic rail for mounting a thermal scope.

I'll shoot it soon. More than likely it'll get a chop to 17 or 18" to make it a little handier with the suppressor.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Good to hear.

I ordered over the weekend but haven't gotten shipping info, maybe they really are backorder now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Stocky's CF mini 2nd came today. Actually pretty impressed. Little bit of CF deformation in a couple places right up against the recoil pad. Pin head size void in the stock just behind the safety. Comb height is better than the factory, at least for me a Kahles CL 3-9x42 in Leupold Open range 1" lows on a EGW pic rail. Barrel channel clearance is even all way down. Again pretty pleased. Gotta take a Scotch-brite pad and knock sheen off the finish though, and maybe a faux-Manners sponge paint.

Weighed the gun - 6# 7.5oz. That's the 22"sporter with Stocky's CF, DIP bottom metal (for now), factory magazine, EGW pic rail and Leupold Open Range 1" lows and a Kahles CL 3-9x42. Certainly could shed a few ounces with Talley LWs but I want the pic rail for mounting a thermal scope.

I'll shoot it soon. More than likely it'll get a chop to 17 or 18" to make it a little handier with the suppressor.
My stock showed up today as well. Your description of the flaws saves me some typing as mines about the same.

Being that I'm a shorter guy, I usually chop butt stocks to a more comfortable length and if I give this one the same treatment it'll take care of the flaws at the butt.

OG bottom metal fit much more easily into this stock than it did the OEM plastic unit. My rifle is chambered in 300 BO and has a medium weight barrel contour that doesn't drop completely into the CF channel, but I was told by a Stocky's rep that I could open the channel to fit.

The dilemma I now have is whether I should open the barrel channel and keep 300BO in this stock, or order one of the Hick's specials in .223 or 6mm ARC and drop it into this stock. My reasoning is that with the medium contour barrel of my 300BO, it doesn't seem to me to make sense because even in CF stock it'll never really be a lightweight package.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Dude270
Good to hear.

I ordered over the weekend but haven't gotten shipping info, maybe they really are backorder now.

Ordered mine 4/7, shipping notification today.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I ordered 4/8 so fingers crossed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to say I ordered mine on 4/7 as well. Showed they were out of stock but let me B/O at the sale price. Couple hours later I got shipping notification. Brown truck delivered today.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Weighed the gun - 6# 7.5oz. That's the 22"sporter with Stocky's CF, DIP bottom metal (for now), factory magazine, EGW pic rail and Leupold Open Range 1" lows and a Kahles CL 3-9x42. Certainly could shed a few ounces with Talley LWs but I want the pic rail for mounting a thermal scope.

OG bottom metal fit much more easily into this stock than it did the OEM plastic unit.

Same here. DIP bottom metal fit much better than in the Stocky's CF than it did in the OEM stock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ordered my stock 4/7, no shipping info yet, but not in any hurry either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spoke to soon, 30 minutes after last post got shipping info…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spoke to soon, 30 minutes after last post got shipping info…

Good karma!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Just got my second “second” in and it looks perfect! The first one needed a bit of work, but this one looks and fits great.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.