Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
…fricken awesome.

The interview was 90 minutes long, but here are the really cool highlights.

First, Clayton asserted that he had "personally" noticed a rise in hateful content on Twitter since Musk's takeover.
When Musk pressed him for an example of such "hateful" content, Clayton demurred and spoke generally about comments that could be considered "slightly racist or slightly sexist."
When Musk then asked for a specific example of hate speech that should be censored on Twitter, Clayton came up empty.

"I don't actually use that feed any more because I don't particularly like it," Clayton stammered.

"You said you've seen more hateful content, but you can't name a single example, not even one," Musk countered.

Clayton continued to avoid giving an example, but Musk would not let him off the hook. "Then I say, sir, that you don't know what you're talking about," Musk stated, adding that the premise of a rise in hate speech was "false."

"You just lied!" Musk claimed.

Clayton denied the allegation and insisted that other "organizations" had reported a rise in hateful tweets in recent months. When Musk continued to demand an example, a seemingly exasperated Clayton claimed that they weren't "getting anywhere" and suggested they just "move on."

Clayton then wanted to talk about Twitter removing warnings about possible misinformation about COVID, but Musk fired back immediately: "Has BBC changed its COVID misinformation?"

After a brief silence, Clayton retorted that the "BBC does not set the rules upon Twitter, so I'm asking you," but Musk refused to restrict his answers to fit Clayton's framing.

"COVID is no longer an issue," Musk noted before accusing the BBC of peddling misinformation about the COVID policies related to masking and the vaccines.

"Does the BBC hold itself at all responsible for misinformation regarding masking and side effects of vaccinations and not reporting on that at all?" Musk asked.

When Clayton made no reply, Musk pressed on: "And what about the fact that the BBC was put under pressure by the British government to change [its] editorial policy?"

Clayton then responded hesitatingly, "This isn't an interview about the BBC," to which Musk immediately quipped, "Oh, you thought it wasn't?" Clayton then reacted with a nervous chuckle and a disclaimer that he was not an official "representative of the BBC's editorial policy."

"Let's talk about something else," Clayton once again pivoted, while Musk remarked slyly, "You weren't expecting that."

That four-minute exchange from their larger, 90-minute interview can be heard in the tweet below.

More can be viewed here.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/elon-...puts-reporter-hot-seat-in-wild-interview

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First, Clayton asserted that he had "personally" noticed a rise in hateful content on Twitter since Musk's takeover.
When Musk pressed him for an example of such "hateful" content, Clayton demurred and spoke generally about comments that could be considered "slightly racist or slightly sexist."
To them, just mentioning black people is racist. I could say that 10 blacks were killed in Chicago last weekend and they'd consider that racist in spite of it's accuracy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That BBC interviewer represents about 90% of the lying scumbags in the media. I saw part of the interview on BBC news and the whole interview is archived there.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm no Musk fan but what these dumbasses forget is that Elon Musk is on a whole different level of intelligence. There's probably only 10 people on this earth that are as intelligent as Musk, Musk makes Eisenstein look like he rode the short bus...............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm no Musk fan but what these dumbasses forget is that Elon Musk is on a whole different level of intelligence. There's probably only 10 people on this earth that are as intelligent as Musk, Musk makes Eisenstein look like he rode the short bus...............

Who? 😉

Last edited by plumbum; 04/13/23.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by plumbum

Who? 😉

I bet he meant Sergei Eisenstein. Soviet film maker and propagandist. Battleship Potemkin, Alexander Nevsky, etc. He believed (REALLY believed) in Soviet communism, so probably did ride the short bus. Albert Einstein, however, doesn’t really take a backseat to anyone in the intelligence department and definitely did not ride the short bus.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Speedgoat3006
Originally Posted by plumbum

Who? 😉

I bet he meant Sergei Eisenstein. Soviet film maker and propagandist. Battleship Potemkin, Alexander Nevsky, etc. He believed (REALLY believed) in Soviet communism, so probably did ride the short bus. Albert Einstein, however, doesn’t really take a backseat to anyone in the intelligence department and definitely did not ride the short bus.

I'm pretty sure Einstein fugged up spell check .......or was it Epstein?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If one is going to tease an attack dog, one best gird one's loins- and a tampon ain't it. Sure didn't stop the bleeding, anyway. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
The BBC is England's version of our CNN.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 7887mm08, 16 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,961
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.