Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
the steiner p4xi has came back down in price

inside of 300 yards it's my favorite sub 500 scope.

set and forget a 200 yard zero and hold off on first hash.

dots almost aimpoint bright

1x is windowpane like

it's not made in china.

17oz isn't overly heavy.

put it in a reptilia AUS mount and ur golden.

i think the steiner s illumination, 1x performance and overall quality of glass makes it superior to the rt6.

i like the pst 1-6.. but that's 22oz weight penalty puts it a bit beyond what i like to put on a l sling, light, type of rig.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SWFA 1x4 .

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
SWFA 1x4 .

I'm a big fan of the SWFA 1-4x on an AR, and last year's Black Friday $200 price tag makes it an absolute bargain. I should have ordered a couple more!

Even at $275, the SWFA is backordered, so I was open to other options. I've looked at a few LPVO scopes in person (Vortex, Burris, Cabela's, etc.), but none of them in this price range seemed better than the SWFA.

Another member posted a link in the optics forum for the Trijicon Credo HX:
https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...uplex-30mm-Satin-Black-Riflescope-2.aspx

I ordered one with red illumination. I've never seen this particular Trijicon in person, so I am hoping it proves to be a good way to go.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am a big fan of Steiner scopes, so I will second NDBowHunter's post above.

Someone just posted yesterday about a huge blowout deal on Trijicon Credo HX in the Hunting Optics forum above. A Trijicon 1-4x for $400, hard not to like that

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Seems nice, but not under 500 bucks. Did I not search far enough?

https://www.primaryarms.com/steiner-optics-p4xi-1-4x24m-rifle-scope-with-p3tr-reticle

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Oh, found it at Euro Optics marked down. It's the 2 FP model and has the diamond reticle same as my SWFA.

N
N
have had good luck with a vortex stirke eagle 1-6.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
the vortex strike eagle is a very marginal scope

i'd be hard pressed to put one on a 22lr.

considering it totality what a rifle setup will actually run (ammo for the lifetime of the gunrifle, quality mount, light, sling, future upgrades) the rt6 is the bottom rung for LPVO.

i've had 2 swfa 1-4 classics not track at all. like 10.5 mil on 10 mils off the erector. add in the narrow FOV, weak illumination, and fairly poor "glass" i think they are tertiary level optics. the crazy amount of travel, 10mil erector and mil based reticle coupled with its 14oz weight means it has merit. just not first or second tier guns.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TWR
I have Trijicon 1-4 Accupower's and a 1-6 Credo, they are great scopes.

Agreed. I really like the Trijicon 1-6 Credo for an ar platform.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I picked up a Riton Tactix 1-8 and mounted it in a their own QD mounts. The scope is a little heavy for my Ruger AR556, but it balances nicely on the slightly longer Ruger MPR. It has an illuminated reticle that goes to a black reticle when you turn it off. I've only shot the scope off the bench, but so far, so good.

I can really vouch for the Riton QD ring/mount combo, though. I sighted it in for 50 yards, then at home proceeded to play musical scopes and detached and returned the whole ensemble many, many times. Months later I re-mounted the scope and shot it off the bench - the zero was perfect.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Another member posted a link in the optics forum for the Trijicon Credo HX:

I ordered one with red illumination. I've never seen this particular Trijicon in person, so I am hoping it proves to be a good way to go.
The Trijicon Credo HX 1-4x arrived yesterday. The glass is noticeably better than the SWFA 1-4x, brighter, clearer, and exhibits less of the "fisheye" effect at 1x. It's easy to keep both eyes open and track side-to-side without the optical weirdness I've seen with other scopes.

The crosshairs are pretty fine, but the illumination is brighter on the Trijicon. The illumination was still visible on the Trijicon in sunny daylight and a white snowbank as a background. I couldn't see the illumination on the SWFA in the same conditions; I still saw the reticle, of course, but the red illumination was washed out.

I like the covered turrets on the Credo, and they are easy to re-zero without tools - lift up on the turret, spin to zero, and snap back down into place. Easy!

The Trijicon has about an inch more eye relief, as well, so it should be much better suited for a boomer than the SWFA. As luck would have it, I picked up a M70 Stainless Classic in .375 H&H, over the weekend, so I'm planning to test out the Trijicon on the "new" rifle. Should be a great pairing!

I still like the SWFA 1-4x on an AR. I really like the reticle, and you can't beat the price point, but there's no denying that the Credo HX is a nicer scope.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another vote for the Steiner p4xi 1-4x24. I have a couple on AR-15's I shoot in competition and they have been very good. They are a bit over your $500 limit, but deals do come up occasionally.

I have the SWFA 1-4 on an AR, and it's OK but not in the same class as the Steiner. The illumination is not daylight bright. I see it as more of a budget scope.

I also have the 1-6x24 Razor on another AR-15 I shoot in matches, and it's a great scope, but much more money than what you want to spend.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Burris AR 332 is on quite a few of our truck and house guns.

Have never had an issue with it. fixed 3X and works fine. Almost never turn on the illumination but it works.

Like the reticle a lot once we got used to it.

Dollar wise they are reasonable enough.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,084
Posts18,482,814
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.