Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So, when I have a beer, I usually grab a Bud Heavy. With their turn to the dark side, I am looking for a good alternative and was thinking PBR, Lone Star or... maybe Schlitz, the problem is that Anheuser Busch/Inbev seems to own everything except the local stuff. Looking for a widely available brew not owned by these jack-off idiots.

Suggestions?

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/14/23.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/...beer-is-apparently-a-real-brand-now.html

The Bud Light boycott is apparently still a thing for some after its partnership with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney because there are still folks on social media swearing off the beer.

But some of them are also finding it pretty, darned tricky to find a replacement because Bud Light is owned by Anheuser-Busch, which has an extensive catalog of beer brands.

Enter Seth Weathers.

Weathers has apparently identified this as an opportunity and he is going after it. Because, Weathers, who has 30,000 followers on Twitter and describes himself as being “On a mission to help conservatives unlearn the Gov lies about food, lose weight, & get in shape,” is bringing a beer to the market, and he is using just about every adjective there is that might appeal to the new anti-Bud Light crowd to get it sold.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In TX, Shiner Bock would get my vote. Yuengling is a solid beer.

Of course I haven't checked lately to see who owns either.

Last edited by jdunham; 04/14/23.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I love Shiner, and I drink it, but it's a pretty heavy/filling beer and 1 or 2 is my limit on Shiner. Maybe Shiner Blonde, but it's not always easy to find.

I've never tried Yuengling.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A simple search...WIKI

The "Global" top section tells you what to avoid. I note that PBR, Boston Lager, Shiner, Yuengling, and several good Mexican beers are not included.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Rocky, I'll take a look.

PBR is good, the first beer I got drunk on. Raided Grandpappy's cabana fridge when I was about 10.

- Del Gue
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Who cares what anybody drinks. I drink bud light and if you don't like it you can take a flying "F" . I don't tell you what guns or cars to drive and I sure don't care. Neal

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Schlitz and/or PBR for me mostly - IF I'm not going local. I like heavy beers to be HEAVY so I'm in RIS for a style there and thus usually Old Rasputin which has wider distro.

I don't care for Yuengling

Me

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by ndh19
Who cares what anybody drinks. I drink bud light and if you don't like it you can take a flying "F" . I don't tell you what guns or cars to drive and I sure don't care. Neal

You obviously don’t get it…..

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I love Shiner, and I drink it, but it's a pretty heavy/filling beer and 1 or 2 is my limit on Shiner. Maybe Shiner Blonde, but it's not always easy to find.

I've never tried Yuengling.

Yuengling used to not be available in Texas but it is now. It's not bad. I prefer Shiner Premium Beer, which is a pilsner, but Yuengling is a decent amber lager.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A simple search...WIKI

The "Global" top section tells you what to avoid. I note that PBR, Boston Lager, Shiner, Yuengling, and several good Mexican beers are not included.

Under AB you might not see the Mexican brews, but under AB Inbev, the conglomerate, Grupo Modelo is included, and so part of the evil empire. It's a real shame, but AB Inbev often snatches up a lot of the smaller craft brewers to gain market share, and of course, the owners cash in. I particularly will miss Negra Modelo.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Nobody is telling you what to drink.
Nobody is telling tranny boy how to dress.

However, both cases will be judged by others accordingly.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I care that they are employing they same people who are teaching our kids in school that its okay to be screwed in the butt.

Long live the NRA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Your Mama says you suck dik, too!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
BEER. This thread is about Inbev/AB alternatives, not shemales.

- Del Gue
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Ackley, I spent 35 years of my life making barley malt for beer. AB was always our biggest customer. Look up Ladish Malt Jefferson, Wi. Rural and redneck all the way, and still that way. Have a cold one on me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
PBR has been one of my favorites for a while but I’m sure someone could follow a trail to wokeness no matter what you choose. Coors (banquet beer) was another good option but I haven’t seen it around here in a few years. Options are dwindling by the day it seems with all goods.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

[Linked Image from fahrenheit211.net]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The “heavy” part of bud heavy makes me lol though.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
kind of a joke in college, so I still call it Bud Heavy

- Del Gue
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
😁👍

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 47 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.