Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip from Nebraska to Utah this fall or possibly next Spring so I thought I'd reach and to start getting ideas from those in the know about some "must see" places or events. Thanks !

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Nebraska
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip from Nebraska to Utah this fall or possibly next Spring so I thought I'd reach and to start getting ideas from those in the know about some "must see" places or events. Thanks !

Hmmmmmmm

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There are numerous threads on this topic. There is NOwhere in Utah that isn't gorgeous (well, except for the Salt Lake City urban strip) and you'd be hard-pressed to find someplace that isn't a jaw-drop. We have FIVE national Parks, more than two dozen State Parks, and a bunch of National Monuments, an Emmy Award Shakespeare Festival, the Browning Firearms Museum, and a boxcar load more. Hell, you can throw a camera in the air and get postcard views here.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

September--October-November......

After most of the tourons are gone

Living in Utah.....I live for the less traveled Utah

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Alpine Loop/Cascade Springs mid September.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Be waking up Sunday morning with this view

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unknown, unnoticed, ignored yet well worth the extra little bit of driving from Ogden/SLC area, Golden Spike National Historic Area, where the original tran scontinental rails were joined . live steam, 1860's locomotives fully restored and running, great interpretive center, very educational . Most people dont even know it's there, which is a shame. https://www.nps.gov/gosp/planyourvisit/index.htm

Also, Ogden area, Browning Museum and just a few minutes drive from there: Hill AFB Museum, outstanding USAF military museum. If you like airplanes and history, another great stop.

Last edited by jnyork; 04/14/23.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Keep her nose down on the carpet and you can think about the sights on the way home!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Keep her nose down on the carpet and you can think about the sights on the way home!

oh my.....

what'a horndog

wabigooon will be along to set you straight

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jnyork
Unknown, unnoticed, ignored yet well worth the extra little bit of driving from Ogden/SLC area, Golden Spike National Historic Area, where the original tran scontinental rails were joined . live steam, 1860's locomotives fully restored and running, great interpretive center, very educational . Most people dont even know it's there, which is a shame. https://www.nps.gov/gosp/planyourvisit/index.htm

Also, Ogden area, Browning Museum and just a few minutes drive from there: Hill AFB Museum, outstanding USAF military museum. If you like airplanes and history, another great stop.

Utah's Wasatch Front traffic sucks big time

Rather have my balls pounded with a wooden hammer than be up there
'
Only two reasons.....SLC Airport........Toyota Land Cruiser Museum

Other than that....the 'road less traveled'

I fuggin hate traffic & stupid drivers/people

pic....a road less traveled (for the Toyota haters)

https://landcruiserhm.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Fall......is much better than spring trust me

Today....April 14th.......temps are like a yo yo......wind......oh yea

Fall......is more settled down......much nicer believe me

High elevation snow starts mid September

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drive Provo Canyon

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Reba
Drive Provo Canyon

Nah

Tushars..........

No peeps

Beware of August T/storms

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The wife and I were in Alta last October for her sons wedding and unfortunately we didn’t have a lot of time to do much sightseeing. We did get to the Great Salt Lake, Park City and the Olympic Village. I wanted to go down to Moab to rent a Jeep and do some trail riding. Like was said above there is a lot of great things to do and see there. Last night she mentioned that maybe we should move out there so we’ll see what happens.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
'
Only two reasons.....SLC Airport........Toyota Land Cruiser Museum

Other than that....the 'road less traveled'

I fuggin hate traffic & stupid drivers/people

pic....a road less traveled (for the Toyota haters)

https://landcruiserhm.com/

Toyota Land Cruiser Museum???

Holey crap! I gotta go to that! Had a 1962 FJ40. Only rig I regret letting go.

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There are numerous threads on this topic. There is NOwhere in Utah that isn't gorgeous (well, except for the Salt Lake City urban strip) and you'd be hard-pressed to find someplace that isn't a jaw-drop. We have FIVE national Parks, more than two dozen State Parks, and a bunch of National Monuments, an Emmy Award Shakespeare Festival, the Browning Firearms Museum, and a boxcar load more. Hell, you can throw a camera in the air and get postcard views here.

I 2nd this! Beautiful country!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here ya go, but don’t even whisper Mormon jokes in there, the acoustics are amazing grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As to the OP, based on my limited experience last summer 4wd is a necessity if you want to get to the best spots.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Find an AirBnB in Fairview and drive Skyline Drive mid September. Buy a fishing license and drive over the top and hit Schofield Reservoir.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've lived here a long time, and am not even close to having seen all that I want to see. Some of my favorites....

Red Ledges rest area in Diamond Fork Canyon south of Provo. Hike back in along a rock ledge for about 200 yards, and you'll see a large Native American rock carving of a sun face.

Cedar Breaks, east of Cedar City. 10,000 feet of elevation, and a spectacular view.

Snow Canyon near St. George, in southern Utah.

The Tabernacle, Brigham Young's home several other historic sites in St. George. The Tabernacle is remarkable. The early LDS pioneers there were just about penniless, but in 10 years they raised a very substantial assembly hall. Amazing workmanship. Oddly, one of the first religious meetings there was a high mass, for which the local Catholic priest requested the use of the building. An LDS choir provided the music.

The gun store in Beaver, Utah. Oh, and also The Creamery. Good eats.

Union Station in Ogden. That's home to the Browning Museum, a car collection, large model railroad display, etc. Open Wed-Sat that i know of.

Bear Lake, far northern Utah. Big vacation spot. Boating, jet skis, some cool history and excellent raspberry shakes in season.

Temple Square in Salt Lake. Lots of cool history.

Lagoon. Big amusement park near my home in Layton. Some really amazing rides.

Kolob Canyon, just off I-15 in southern Utah. Part of Zion NP, but not connected by road. Just a short spectacular little drive.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are into GIANT mule deer, Antelope Island is cool.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

375 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.