Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Some tense,frightening moments for my granddaughters family yesterday. Daddy and my 8 years old great grandson stopped at a gas station so the lil feller could pee. As they were walking up to the door gunfire erupted and bullets were flying around them. they ran back to the truck. Daddy put the boy on the floor of the truck and ran around to get in the truck. A young gal ran up and tried to get in his truck. He pushed her aside and hopped in and took off. She was shot before he could get out of the lot. A close call for him and the great grand. The girl is in the hospital and alive. The shooter is on the loose. Very grateful they were not hurt but the little guy is a bit scared still and dont want to leave the house. I think his daddy handled it as well as possible.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So he didn't help and the girl got shot?

Not sure if I'm understanding...

Last edited by Jcubed; 04/15/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Appears that your grand daughter's husband is not alert to what is taking place. While he did protect your great grand boy he left the girl that got shot to fend for herself out in the open.

you need to visit and get him signed up to take a concealed carry class. or he needs to be be more careful where he travels on his daily drives.

He should know where he can safely travel and where he needs to be more careful. he did neither and put your great grand son in danger.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
He was looking after his 8 year old and getting him out of the line of fire. Girl was hit once before she ran up to the truck and rounds were incoming. His kid was the important thing at the time. I would not risk my family over anything like that either. Had no way of defending her at the risk of his boys life. WWYD

Last edited by Lonerider; 04/15/23.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
He wasn't packing? If not, he probably did the right thing. Making yourself and a kid a target in somebody else's domestic beef is beyond stupid, no matter how macho it would be to jump into the big middle of a shooting situation.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
He does not have a license to carry so he was not armed.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
This is why I have a ccw

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonerider
A young gal ran up and tried to get in his truck. He pushed her aside and hopped in and took off. She was shot before he could get out of the lot.

Sweet...

Probably need to see the video to come to a fair conclusion being this is already a twice told tale.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That's why I live where the 2nd. Amendment is still in effect.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sounds like the girl may have been the target

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
He did the right thing.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Bwana338
Appears that your grand daughter's husband is not alert to what is taking place. While he did protect your great grand boy he left the girl that got shot to fend for herself out in the open.

you need to visit and get him signed up to take a concealed carry class. or he needs to be be more careful where he travels on his daily drives.

He should know where he can safely travel and where he needs to be more careful. he did neither and put your great grand son in danger.

So in this "BIZARRO WORLD" we live in today where might these safe places you speak of be ? McDonalds, a mall, grocery store, perhaps. The reality is there are no safe places anymore. More important to be aware of your surroundings AT ALL TIMES...

@Lonerider, IMO your Granddaughters husband did good protecting his own first.

Last edited by old_boots; 04/15/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd say he did the right thing, no matter if he was carrying or not. His 1st responsibility was to that 8 year old boy. If I had a child with me, I'm pretty certain this circumstance is not one where I'd be trying to engage in a gunfight with a kid at my side. If you're describing it right, to me that was a GTFO moment if they were able (and apparently were), and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

From there, call 911, and maybe stop and observe from a distance to help guide the police in, or keep tabs on the shooter.

Crappy choice, and crappy he couldn't help the woman, but she's an adult. What would be even crappier is if that boy took a bullet and died.

He also had no way of knowing what transpired before the bullets started flying. The woman could have been an aggressor that was getting her dose of FAFO.

Last edited by DaveR; 04/15/23.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is going to be a great thread to bring out the white knight fantasies.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight

So many keyboard heroes. His first responsibility was to himself and his grand kid.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lonerider
He does not have a license to carry so he was not armed.

There it is.

Today we are more responsible for our own safety and well being than ever before.

I hope everyone that can, will arm themselves and protect their families against murderous thugs and criminals.

Not going to Monday morning quarterback the shooting, but I do urge him to arm himself if he can.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Is it correct to assume that this was a black on black shooting?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*crickets*

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Stickfight

So many keyboard heroes. His first responsibility was to himself and his grand kid.

Yep, thus he should've been packing.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In what State did this occur??

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.