Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13462813/1

Here is the link to our trip to Utah recently, ideas and reviews of things and places we visited.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Heck, just having a slice of pickle pie in Bicknell is worth the trip, LOL!

When we moved here, we did the "National Park Loop" one week. They were all spectacular, as was Dead Horse Point, Kolob Canyon - and that pickle pie. I have yet to stop at the Creamery in Beaver, but I will get there someday. At the other end of the state, the raspberry shakes at Bear Lake are truly memorable.

(Utahns are blessed or cursed with sweet tooth. Ice cream is a particular draw, and there are numerous deservedly famous creameries, from Bear Lake, the Utah State Ag School, the Farr West shop in Ogden, to Beaver.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
We went sight seeing in Bryce Canyon at daylight years ago. We saw lots of wildlife that you would have missed going through later in the day.

Bob R

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Heck, just having a slice of pickle pie in Bicknell is worth the trip, LOL!

When we moved here, we did the "National Park Loop" one week. They were all spectacular, as was Dead Horse Point, Kolob Canyon - and that pickle pie. I have yet to stop at the Creamery in Beaver, but I will get there someday. At the other end of the state, the raspberry shakes at Bear Lake are truly memorable.

(Utahns are blessed or cursed with sweet tooth. Ice cream is a particular draw, and there are numerous deservedly famous creameries, from Bear Lake, the Utah State Ag School, the Farr West shop in Ogden, to Beaver.)

Wish I had found the time to meet this guy^ while there…………

Next time Rocky.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Nebraska
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip from Nebraska to Utah this fall or possibly next Spring so I thought I'd reach and to start getting ideas from those in the know about some "must see" places or events. Thanks !

Fall......is much better than spring trust me

Today....April 14th.......temps are like a yo yo......wind......oh yea

Fall......is more settled down......much nicer believe me

High elevation snow starts mid September

Don't believe this guy, fall sucks in Utah, don't ever plan a trip there in like, the second half of September. It's boring, mid-70s days, low 40s nights. Sunshine all the time. Not much wind. It's boring, don't go!

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And don't forget all the noise with elk bugling...

My welcome mat is always out, Kenneth. I'm a pretty fair tour guide and lunch buyer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All thr mountains and such and I am surprised no one has mentioned the great salt lake take I 80 out across it and stop at the rest area and go wade in the lake . Check to see if there are any time trials going on at Bonneville flats

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Bonneville Flats are indeed amazing. It's a 50-mile drive of dead flat and glaring white. You can actually see the curvature of the earth as the far-off mountains slowly rise up from the horizon. Plus, you get to smirk at all the tracks where idiots tried to drive out across it in the wet season and got stuck until the $500 tow truck arrived.

U
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Moab, middle of the week. Don't try it on a weekend its nuts. Moki dugway, Mexican hat and Monument Valley you will never forget. Hwy 12 from Torrey to Escalante is one of the coolest rides I've been on. A fun mountain drive is from Huntington to Fairview or to Schofield Reservoir.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Plus, you get to smirk at all the tracks where idiots tried to drive out across it in the wet season and got stuck until the $500 tow truck arrived.

I think that is the main entertainment on that stretch of road. Tracks for about 15 yards, followed by evidence the vehicle sank to the axles.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by denton
I've lived here a long time, and am not even close to having seen all that I want to see. Some of my favorites....

Red Ledges rest area in Diamond Fork Canyon south of Provo. Hike back in along a rock ledge for about 200 yards, and you'll see a large Native American rock carving of a sun face.

Cedar Breaks, east of Cedar City. 10,000 feet of elevation, and a spectacular view.

Snow Canyon near St. George, in southern Utah.

The Tabernacle, Brigham Young's home several other historic sites in St. George. The Tabernacle is remarkable. The early LDS pioneers there were just about penniless, but in 10 years they raised a very substantial assembly hall. Amazing workmanship. Oddly, one of the first religious meetings there was a high mass, for which the local Catholic priest requested the use of the building. An LDS choir provided the music.

The gun store in Beaver, Utah. Oh, and also The Creamery. Good eats.

Union Station in Ogden. That's home to the Browning Museum, a car collection, large model railroad display, etc. Open Wed-Sat that i know of.

Bear Lake, far northern Utah. Big vacation spot. Boating, jet skis, some cool history and excellent raspberry shakes in season.

Temple Square in Salt Lake. Lots of cool history.

Lagoon. Big amusement park near my home in Layton. Some really amazing rides.

Kolob Canyon, just off I-15 in southern Utah. Part of Zion NP, but not connected by road. Just a short spectacular little drive.

Right on.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I work in Logan a lot. Whenever I have a few hours downtime I drive up Logan Canyon to Bear Lake. Find a trail to hike and enjoy. About every canyon going through that region is awesome. Lots of good fishing too.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you happen to drive by Thompson Springs, Utah on I-70 it’s worth the short drive to Sego Canyon to see 4 different ages of petroglyphs. Ray’s Tavern in Green River is always worth a stop to have a great plain hamburger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ditto on Ray's. It's a small-town tavern that caters to river runners, hikers, and the better sort of bikers. They serve an amazing burger.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I would think one thing you want to make a major part of you plan is the travel/entry point into Utah to set you up for the best tour of the sites you chose to see.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't come to Utah! Utah sucks

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I work in Logan a lot. Whenever I have a few hours downtime I drive up Logan Canyon to Bear Lake. Find a trail to hike and enjoy. About every canyon going through that region is awesome. Lots of good fishing too.
Speaking of that area, head up blacksmiths fork to hardware ranch.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Speaking of that area, head up blacksmiths fork to hardware ranch.

I only went once towards end of winter. All I saw were cues and spikes. But still nice drive and scenery.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I’ve only been to four corners, does that even count? Looking at Tikka’s pics sure makes me want to spend some more time there.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Go in the fall. Moab and Arches won't be obnoxiously crowded. The weather will be mild and predictable. From there head over to Capitol Reef National Park and drive Utah Scenic 12 (perhaps the most beautiful paved road in the country) through Grand Staircase Escalante and over to Bryce Canyon. Utah is as diverse as it is beautiful. High desert transitions to Juniper and Aspens in a matter of minutes. There's really not a bad place to go south of 70. I have never been north of 70.

If you want to splurge a little bit, stop at Gateway Canyons Resort CO on the way over.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (1lessdog, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 71 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,951
Posts18,499,053
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.