Print Thread
Hop To
F
foogle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
223 22x250,220 swift,308. All nice condition early,no palm swell,all stainless barrel fluted. Would sell all 4 for 6000$ or possible offer.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wow did not know they were worth that much! Have a couple 204 ruger in VSSF II. The 204 ruger I do not see very often if at all. Good luck with your sale. Remington lost money when they built these as they did not sell enough of them to keep them in production . They are very good rifles.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Have the 4 been shot much?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Any interest in splitting them up?

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Any sort of accurate round count on each?

Thanks
Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

F
foogle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
No round counts I bought them all over time in used condition . I have not shot any of them. All have been borescope and show nice bores. Can see lands and grooves all the way to throat with nice square edges. Borescope I think is better because round count only gives a relative idea. Clear crisp bolt jewelling appears on all of them.these are the early ones no j lock no painted fluting, have small palm swell.
Hot rounds and hot shooting will negate any round count observation. I keep no round count on any of my rifles I shootregularly . The vssfII are generally not as sought after as this model is

Last edited by foogle; 03/26/23.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

Last edited by Sharps1874; 03/26/23.
F
foogle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
I may split them up for that money or an acceptable offer. I have not seen one of these locally for years so hard to know price.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by foogle
No round counts I bought them all over time in used condition . I have not shot any of them. All have been borescope and show nice bores. Can see lands and grooves all the way to throat with nice square edges. Borescope I think is better because round count only gives a relative idea. Clear crisp bolt jewelling appears on all of them.these are the early ones no j lock no painted fluting, have small palm swell.
Hot rounds and hot shooting will negate any round count observation. I keep no round count on any of my rifles I shootregularly . The vssfII are generally not as sought after as this model is
They were not really in production long enough to really matter as Remington was in financial distress and was cutting models. They have not made a decent varmint rifle since the VSSF-VSSF II.

F
foogle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Up

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Owners of the original first run of VSSF and collect them are firm at paying $1,000 to $1100 to ad them to their assortment. I've seen it time & time again. They want the bargain on the best rifle Remington ever manufactured outside the custom shop. The average person doesn't know what the first run is and what great shooters they are. To the one's who do own them they realize what a value they are not just for collector reasons but for their accuracy wouldn't dare part with theirs for less than $1500. Your price is spot on for a 4 rifle set with conditions you say especially with the bore scope. In a new production rifle $1,000 won't buy jack schit compared to what your 4 rifles are.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by BladeRimfire
Owners of the original first run of VSSF and collect them are firm at paying $1,000 to $1100 to ad them to their assortment. I've seen it time & time again. They want the bargain on the best rifle Remington ever manufactured outside the custom shop. The average person doesn't know what the first run is and what great shooters they are. To the one's who do own them they realize what a value they are not just for collector reasons but for their accuracy wouldn't dare part with theirs for less than $1500. Your price is spot on for a 4 rifle set with conditions you say especially with the bore scope. In a new production rifle $1,000 won't buy jack schit compared to what your 4 rifles are.

I agree. they are awesome,

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had a 223, 23/250 and a 220S in the VSSF. Great guns. Sold the latter two. Shot the barrel out of the 223 and had it rebarreled.

NRA Patron
F
foogle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Again

F
foogle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Totop to bad Remington and others don’t build like the past. Can’t get enthused over much that is now offered.

Last edited by foogle; 04/21/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.