Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nebraska: The VarmintWife and I went on a week long guided tour of Utah 1 1/2 years ago.
We were guided by South West Adventure Tours - their vehicles and accommodations and knowledge were all first rate/superb!
We had two "guides" in our Mercedes travel/tour van and their knowledge and insights REALLY were worth the money.
We went to all the "Mighty Five" National Parks and three or four state parks.
The travel/tour company costs included all over-night accommodations and three meals a day - with one exception, which IIRC, was in Moab where the tour company let us choose from many restaurants within walking distance of our wonderful room. We paid for that one dinner ourselves.
We saw tons of wildlife and went on a guided "hike" every day - that our guides, again, were exceptionally knowledgeable about and chose for us with our input!
I was amazed at the wildlife we saw that week including Rock Chucks, Prairie Dogs, Coyotes, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer, Antelope (galore!) and Elk along with tons of birdlife including the extremely rare Condors that our guides planned on seeing and helped us find.
I can NOT say enough good about South West Adventure Tours - look up their website.
And I can not relay how beautiful the Mighty Five National parks and the state parks are, there in middle of and in southern Utah - well worth the time and effort to experience.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I forgot to mention that the tour van was pre-arranged to be "let into" the various Parks even when MANY (hundreds!) of private vehicles were turned away!
Apparently the tour groups are allotted for and we were never turned away from entry!
I felt bad when I saw folks from every state being turned away from entry to the parks. I did NOT know of this ability to be excluded when we signed up for the tour - again I am glad we went with the tour.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Utah has at least five widely varied topographies. We have alpine forest, sage flats, red rock, salt flats, and low desert. Altitudes from just under 3,000 feet MSL to over 13,000.

And something I forgot to mention above: THE most famous and best preserved dinosaur remains at Dinosaur National Park, plus dinosaur museums in several cities. You could spend a solid week just visiting dinosaur attractions.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Heck, just having a slice of pickle pie in Bicknell is worth the trip, LOL!

When we moved here, we did the "National Park Loop" one week. They were all spectacular, as was Dead Horse Point, Kolob Canyon - and that pickle pie. I have yet to stop at the Creamery in Beaver, but I will get there someday. At the other end of the state, the raspberry shakes at Bear Lake are truly memorable.

(Utahns are blessed or cursed with sweet tooth. Ice cream is a particular draw, and there are numerous deservedly famous creameries, from Bear Lake, the Utah State Ag School, the Farr West shop in Ogden, to Beaver.)

My Uncle use to take me to his Mother In laws place to get her ready for the Seasonal change twice a year to Loa and we would fish Bicknell Bottoms.

The little Cheese Factory in Loa had the best Curd as well.

Great times and BEAUTIFUL lands everywhere around that part of Utah.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Again.......

I take the 'less traveled' paths in Utah

hate traffic/stupid drivers

This trip....60 miles off road.......Plus 60+ on road getting there & back

saw one SxS (2 people) & one off road outta state bicyclist (talked to him/offered him water/food)

Ya all can keep everything north of Spanish Fork..........

pic 4......so quiet ya could hear a mouse fart

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
My favorite location in Utah was approaching the "Welcome to Wyoming" sign.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks for all the replies so far. We don't get very many opportunities like this so we're really excited to get away and see such unique and beautiful country!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Take highway 12, one of the most scenic roads in America. I would stick to southern Utah, the north is a bit too crowded for me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.