Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
My BIL killed himself in my laundry room.
I can't get wound up about things I don't have any control over and don't direct affect my daily life.

I think a lot of people are their own worst enemy.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My grandparents bought the farmhouse they lived in the rest of their lives in 1939. Previous owner had lost the farm to the bank. His family was living with his folks in the next county while he was packing up the last of their things.

He hanged himself in the corn crib after he had loaded the last of their possessions onto his truck.

When I was a little kid in the early 1970s, my uncle told me about it one day while I was visiting for a week. After that, I would go out to the corn crib every night at dusk, hoping to see a ghost.

Stuff like that didn’t bother me then. Doesn’t bother me now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogwater
If you had an opportunity to buy a gun for a great price, but it was used in a suicide, would you? Some friends have said "its bad juju", I am leaning towards "its just metal, it doesn't know or care". What do you think?

I might buy it and then sell it to an LGS or local FFL guy, no mention of the suicide. That way it gets back out as just a regular firearm.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have one already, and a knife used in a murder, Buy another in a heartbeat, no big deal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If a person buys a gun that was used in a suicide, then commits suicide with the same gun, that would make the gun a serial killer.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/17/23.

KB

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I bought a Kimber Ultra Carry II from an employee years ago. He said it was his Dad’s and he had died and he didn’t want it. I found out later that his Dad had shot himself. I did not ask any questions about the gun. I traded it off. Still don’t know if it was THE gun.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would not buy it, no way. Bad vibes.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have guns I bought that have killed people, even got a shotgun the a bussiness owner blew his head off with

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Coroner, years ago, about 1970, gave dad a box of "mostly once or twice fired guns. Some junk, some nice. All shot just fine. I still have one.
Inanimate objects. Like senators, reps and other elected officials.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm NOT responsible for another's stupidity!
And will NEVER blame a tool for the action(s) of a human.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wouldn't have any second thoughts buying it, pull the trigger.

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Some years ago a friend of mine stupidly left his Glock 22 in the console of his truck overnight. Of course the truck was broken into that night and the gun was stolen.

About 5 years later he got a call from the local PD asking if he wanted his gun back. They had gotten into a drug deal chase and when they cornered the zh!tbag he shot himself. It was my friend's pistol. Hell yes he wanted it.

The polymer had gotten a little scuffed up over the intervening years but he cleaned it up and loves to show it off.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have several guns connected with death, doesn't bother me at all

M
mpb Offline
M
One fine day walking into my office from the parking lot I walked right into the middle of a murder suicide. Guy killed his ex girlfriend with 2 rounds himself with a third. Dude is on the ground, hole in both sides of his head, huge pool of blood. Four or five of us are standing around the guy (I worked in a hospital) nurse is on top of the guy trying to do CPR - I look at the guys hand and he’s still got the gun in his hand - I start screaming GUN, GUN, GUN - another guy got the gun out of his hand. Had he flinched the gun would have fired.

Not the best experience in my life - but I’m stronger for it - it’s part of me. People who have to deal with that everyday lot’s of respect for them.

I love guns, but I tell people if you get on the wrong end of one it will really eat you alive.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mpb
One fine day walking into my office from the parking lot I walked right into the middle of a murder suicide. Guy killed his ex girlfriend with 2 rounds himself with a third. Dude is on the ground, hole in both sides of his head, huge pool of blood. Four or five of us are standing around the guy (I worked in a hospital) nurse is on top of the guy trying to do CPR - I look at the guys hand and he’s still got the gun in his hand - I start screaming GUN, GUN, GUN - another guy got the gun out of his hand. Had he flinched the gun would have fired.

Not the best experience in my life - but I’m stronger for it - it’s part of me. People who have to deal with that everyday lot’s of respect for them.

I love guns, but I tell people if you get on the wrong end of one it will really eat you alive.
Yea your full of scent poasers

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not for me.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dogwater
If you had an opportunity to buy a gun for a great price, but it was used in a suicide, would you? Some friends have said "its bad juju", I am leaning towards "its just metal, it doesn't know or care". What do you think?

Unless you don't ever want to purchase a milsurp or an old hunting rifle I am pretty sure it doesn't matter...with the caveat that is...unless some dud specifically purchases a firearm because it was used in a suicide, which is just flat out weird.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mother in law gave me the Ruger Single Six that my BIL used to off himself one night while drinking and feeling sorry for himself.
I put on new grips and sights and changed out the cylinder for a magnum.

Glad to have it.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd buy it and not think twice about it. A gun is just an inanimate object, a tool. I'd do the same with a hammer that had smashed someone's thumb.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
As long as it’s not one of those ones with the bent barrel that points in your face.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 01Foreman400, 300_savage, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 44 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,457
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.