Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anyone have starting/max bolt gun load data for the 6.5 Grendel with 129 ABLR? I know there's a fair bit of discrepancy between bolt/AR data. Leverevolution was what I'm planning to start with...and hopefully end with. I can get serious with Google later but thought I'd check here first.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck to you as I am following this as well. I’ve had better luck with Accurate 2520 than I have with LVR so far. This is in my bolt and AR 6.5 Grendel’s.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
W 748 is your friend....

so is BLC 2.

and they are both available off the shelves around here.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks for the powder rec's from both of you. Nothing against the those but I'd prefer to start with LEV since it's in hand.

Hudge, if you don't mind, would you share your LVR data? PM is fine is you prefer not to post it here.

Thanks guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lever is King,though I'm admittedly talking rifles that exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Lever is King,though I'm admittedly talking rifles that exist. Hint.

posted by Nomes that exist...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist,though 120 MB here and an easy preference over AccuBombs. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shot another Road Kill buck?

Imagination and Pretend are free? Is that why you abuse its use so much?

Ain't easy being Schtick, is it?

Have a good day Stumpy.... Hope you're stocked up on BudLite for the weekend...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least you can afford to read my every word and gawk the Splendid Pixels,as you extoll your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Gotsta' slam the JO Gen2 in it this afternoon,but have a fhuqking S/S Klassik Winny 375 H&H in the lathe now. Hint.

Google as you must. Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Winny is muchly betterer. Hint.

JO Gen2 is a PEACH and a 19" Carbon Chop is where it's at. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick

JO Gen2 is a PEACH ...

For sure. Good enough that I've been swapping one between an ARC and Grendel the last several weeks. Completely different rifle with the bdl.

Still waiting for any LVR data. Will likely burn through the last of the factory ammo today.

For those planning to bed a mini, the following are handy:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...Socket-Set-Screw-2-Pack-845998/204833669

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks for the link. I still need to bed it and will start load work up. I have a good bit of factory but I want to load for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I cain't endorse AccuBombs,but Lever' fueled 105's in ARC,was wickeder than schit this morning. Hint.

120 MB's are fhuqking SINISTER in 264 Grendel. Hint.................

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Anyone have starting/max bolt gun load data for the 6.5 Grendel with 129 ABLR? I know there's a fair bit of discrepancy between bolt/AR data. Leverevolution was what I'm planning to start with...and hopefully end with. I can get serious with Google later but thought I'd check here first.

My experience was with a CZ 527 bolt action While I have not worked with the 129 grain ABLR, I have worked with Hornady flat base SP #2620 & the 125 grain Nosler partition. In those cases I could not get enough Leverevolution in the case to generate too much pressure. In these examples we are dealing with a flat base bullet. I was able to fit a bit more powder in those cartridges than we may below the 129 grain ABLR.

As I recall my Accuracy node was around .5 grains beyond compression. I went another grain and a half with no pressure issues though ES and accuracy deterioated. Velocity achieved exceeded my initial expectation.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
527's are a Dog Schit design and EXCEEDINGLY trite in COAL. Hint.

The JO Gen2 as cited,grants 2.470" COAL latitude and is a wickedly wonderful parcel. Hint.

The Hornie #2620 and Nuzzler 125 are Goat Fhuqks. Hint.

Which Reupold are you using? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm sorry but I need the inside baseball meaning of JO Gen2? Equals Howa Mini action w/ the big removable magazine floorplate? Thanks for the inside info!
Nosler says the fastest load for the 129gr Accubond LR is 31gr of CFE223. No Hogdon LVR listed. Isn't LVR about the same burn speed as H380?

Last edited by MarknMaggie; 04/23/23. Reason: Added info and question.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OEM Baby Carbon Howie guts. They are fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint.

Wayne's World aftermarket BDL bottom and vastly superior COAL,though a rather tender mag release. Hint.

'Duped at 19",with 7" RPM .224" spout in 22 PPC AFI. Hint.

'Nother in 264 Grendel wearing Wayne's World and 19" chop,for balance and handling. Hint.

Coming full circle. JO Gen2,to replace Wayne's World on 22 PPC AFI. Wayyyyyyyyyyyy better. Hint.

JO DBM for 527 mags. Hint.

Nuzzler is a fhuqking Schit Show. Hint..................

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.