Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 91 of 113 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 112 113
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Watched Super 8 free on Prime last night. I enjoyed it. It's like a horror/sci-fi version of Stand By Me. Basically, it puts the kids of Stand By Me in a horror/sci-fi situation. Well produced, acted, and good special effects.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a not good flick on Netflix - Seven Kings Must Die. Well, it may be okay but I shut it off for reason to be revealed.

It's a two hour finale movie for the series "The Last Kingdom", which I really, really liked. If you don't know the series this next part won't mean anything to you.

Aethelstan, the son of King Edward, was raised by the main character, Uhtred, to be a brave warrior and wise future king, basically a good guy like his mentor Uhtred. At the start of the movie, Edward has died and now Aethelstan must assume the throne before his brother, who also has a somewhat legitimate claim to it.

Trouble is, Aethelstan has come under the influence of some warrior priest who is a conniving, manipulating type, pouring poison into Aethelstan's ear at every turn.

Okay, I can live with that, there were other conniving types in the series who got their just comeuppance. Then it's revealed that Aethelstan, the bad ass, morally strong young warrior from the earlier series, is having a homo affair with said warrior priest.

It was at that point that I shut the damn thing off.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just why in the fugg you stupid sob's wanna post schidt movies on a "good movies" thread just fugging baffles me....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pokerface a new spin on Columbo

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
after watching all 7 seasons of Bosch, (about to start Bosch Legacy on Freevee)

I've been looking for shows similar to it.

Before The Night Agent, we watched season 1 of Perry Mason. Now waiting for Season 2 to wrap up so we can binge watch it.

Started watching a show called Tree Pines - probably not many peoples cup of tea here - its kind of a Wind River meets Northern Exposure without any comedy, but I'm enjoying it because I think its well written.

The good thing there is no shortage of series similar to those to choose from on the various streaming options. We'll probably slow down over the summer but this winter we'll get back into the swing of it.

One thing about it though - someone mentioned it earlier, you have to see either some gay nonsense or racial horseshit in this stuff - hollywood writers can't write a show without the obligatory showcasing of that.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The original, 1970s, Rollerball is free on Prime.

Last time I watched it, I was probably a kid, and all I remembered about it was that it was about a future with increasingly violent popular sports and cool scenes of battle and death.

Watching it today, I realized there was a lot of important meaning in it. It's a warning about a future dystopia, and it's the sort of dystopia that, in many respects, we are seeing the beginnings of right now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Succession on HBO. Was very good

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Who else thinks most of what is produced now is almost unwatchable. Gratuitous “MF” bombs left and right, multiple woke sub themes, women trying to prove they are men and an attempt to include every left wing social construct? I got 5 episodes into the Diplomat and just couldn’t stomach it. The writers trash what, otherwise could be a decent show.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Seal Team on paramount is worth binging.

Bb

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The new Beavis and Butthead seasons on Paramou t plus are friggin awesome.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Dragged Across Concrete. On Netflix
I got through about 25 minutes of it before giving up. Did I quit too soon? Was the ending worth the first half drag?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I got through about 25 minutes of it before giving up. Did I quit too soon? Was the ending worth the first half drag?

I thought it was a good movie , but some of my buddies called me mean names because they watched it said it sucked. Haha. It’s not a great movie, admittedly, but I thought it was cool. smile

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just watched the trailer. Looks pretty good. Could be the first 25 minutes is boring, though. I haven't seen it, but some of the scenes I've seen look pretty good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
American Manhunt - The Boston Marathon Bombing

3 part documentary. Really well done. Netflix

Psycho - Netflix

Smokey and the Bandit - Netflix

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I thought it was a good movie , but some of my buddies called me mean names because they watched it said it sucked. Haha. It’s not a great movie, admittedly, but I thought it was cool. smile
I don’t believe I finished it either.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Here's a not good flick on Netflix - Seven Kings Must Die. Well, it may be okay but I shut it off for reason to be revealed.

It's a two hour finale movie for the series "The Last Kingdom", which I really, really liked. If you don't know the series this next part won't mean anything to you.

Aethelstan, the son of King Edward, was raised by the main character, Uhtred, to be a brave warrior and wise future king, basically a good guy like his mentor Uhtred. At the start of the movie, Edward has died and now Aethelstan must assume the throne before his brother, who also has a somewhat legitimate claim to it.

Trouble is, Aethelstan has come under the influence of some warrior priest who is a conniving, manipulating type, pouring poison into Aethelstan's ear at every turn.

Okay, I can live with that, there were other conniving types in the series who got their just comeuppance. Then it's revealed that Aethelstan, the bad ass, morally strong young warrior from the earlier series, is having a homo affair with said warrior priest.

It was at that point that I shut the damn thing off.
Having read all of Bernard Cornwell's books....We gotta blame injecting this queer bullschidt scene on Hollywood. Cornwell is beyond a fiction author...he is an historian and history teacher. He attempted to enlist in the British Army 3 times, was rejected for eyesight...eventually he was awarded an OBE by the Crown for his service to truth in English History. Film makers can ruin anything.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
On Netflix - 19-2 a Canadian cop series set in Montreal, good story of interactions among the cops in precinct 19.
Not your usual solve a mystery every episode or lot of Go! Go! G0! and needless dumbass scenes.

downside, if subtitles bother you - it is spoken in French with subtitles, no dubbing.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Last time I watched it, I was probably a kid, and all I remembered about it was that it was about a future with increasingly violent popular sports and cool scenes of battle and death.

Watching it today, I realized there was a lot of important meaning in it. It's a warning about a future dystopia, and it's the sort of dystopia that, in many respects, we are seeing the beginnings of right now.

Was that the one with James Caan in it ?
I remember watching it in HS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Was that the one with James Caan in it ?
I remember watching it in HS.
Yes.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Watched Super 8 free on Prime last night. I enjoyed it. It's like a horror/sci-fi version of Stand By Me. Basically, it puts the kids of Stand By Me in a horror/sci-fi situation. Well produced, acted, and good special effects.

That was a good movie

Page 91 of 113 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 112 113

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (12344mag, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 41 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,238
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.