P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Lol, packers about to be the bottom of the nfc north for a long time. Good luck with love haha

AGREED ! Jet`s will do much better than the Packers will next year and the year after that too. Green Bay has had some great Quarterbacks over many years their time might be over for a while ? i hate to see this because Packers are the only public owned team in the NFL Football , i still hope they do well in the future but the Quarterback they have now will not be the answer .

Did you predict Aaron Rodgers greatness while he was still on the bench behind Favre? If so, you were the only one.
The Packers don't know what they have in Love until he's taking all the snaps and leading the team.

i watched Love as quarterback he is no Favre nor Rogers nor will he ever be . get back to me at the end of next season Green Bay won`t even be a 500 team any more and that is sad. Packers do have hope with the draft picks for sure but they better find another better young quarterback 1st . i would be surprised if Love will be around long as a good quarterback , so lets watch and see ???

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Due to all the recent cloudy weather, Rodgers had a difficult time with sunning his butthole, thus delaying the decision process

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Lol, packers about to be the bottom of the nfc north for a long time. Good luck with love haha

AGREED ! Jet`s will do much better than the Packers will next year and the year after that too. Green Bay has had some great Quarterbacks over many years their time might be over for a while ? i hate to see this because Packers are the only public owned team in the NFL Football , i still hope they do well in the future but the Quarterback they have now will not be the answer .

Did you predict Aaron Rodgers greatness while he was still on the bench behind Favre? If so, you were the only one.
The Packers don't know what they have in Love until he's taking all the snaps and leading the team.

i watched Love as quarterback he is no Favre nor Rogers nor will he ever be . get back to me at the end of next season Green Bay won`t even be a 500 team any more and that is sad. Packers do have hope with the draft picks for sure but they better find another better young quarterback 1st . i would be surprised if Love will be around long as a good quarterback , so lets watch and see ???

I watched Love play a few games, he seemed like a pretty decent person but he had a tendency to make poor decisions when he felt pressure. If he gets lots of time in the pocket he may be ok.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IIRC - Love had the best PR against the Eagles D outside of Mahomes in the Super Bowl last year. Not saying he's great - just saying he's ahead of where people seem to want to put him. Was the game he played the most in.

I mean - he had a 146.8 passer rating, 118 yards, 67% completion, averaged 12 yards a pass and a QBR of 92.
Aaron's QBR for his time in that same game against the same defense with the same players for GB was 33. Last year Aaron was 26 in the league. So can Love do better than 6 other QB's?

Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
^This. Give the kid a chance. Rodgers went 8-9 last year. Get close to that and beat the Bears. That’s all he needs to do his first year.

Eli Manning has twice as many SB rings as Rodgers. Let that sink in a minute.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Jets continue to Jet in all of this -

“Do you want our 39 year-old QB? We want to dump him so badly that we don’t care about the massive cap hit. He really wants out. Also, we have no other offers or possible trade partners.”

“Sure, what about a 2nd, a barely conditional first, and we’ll swap 13 and 15?”

“Um… done!”

The Packers get
A first-round pick swap in 2023
A high second-round pick in 2023
A likely first-round pick in 2024 (at worst a second)
A $60 million financial obligation taken off their hands

And people in this town still think Gute is a moron and GB has the worst FO in the NFL. All for a 39 year old, #26 QB in the league. Would you give a team a likely 1, a 2 and swap 1sts AND then pay Andy Dalton 60 million to play 1 year? Because Aaron was statistically worse than Dalton last year.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As big a Packer fan as I am, we'll be lucky to go .500 this year.

If Love was all that, they would have traded AR last year, like they did with Farve. They knew what they had with AR.

Not so sure they feel the same way about Jordan Love.

Like to see them draft Levis from Kentucky..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My wife is a BIG Packer fan..and is very happy he`s gone. Very over tired hearning about the jerk.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I agree with the above but my biggest frustration and one I feel certain cost the Packers multiple championships, was Ted Thompson’s stubborn insistence to avoid free agency. He was going to show the world that he was the smartest guy in the room and build his team only using the draft. A free agent pick up here and there would certainly made the difference. I’m not suggesting they should have spent money like a drunken sailor ( trust me, I’ve been a drunken sailor!) but there were times when an available player could have made a huge impact. Nope! Big Ted says we’re sticking to my plan! How’d that work out?

Bobmar, stop making sense! smile smile smile You are spot on.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Traded to New York jets
Good riddance..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The QB is more about understanding the game than anything else. With a few exceptions by the time they do they are to old. The Chief’s QB is one exception to this. But he has one of the all time best coaches to train him. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
As a long time GB fan it has always frustrated me that the Packers had 2 of the best QB's to ever play the game in Favre and Rodgers, but were too tight to give them the coaches and teammates that were needed to win championships. Those two should have had multiple Super Bowl wins instead of one each.
I am not a Green Bay fan, but I could not have said it better.

I don't think Love is the right successor either. They have been spoiled with great quarterback play for several decades. When they are not contenders there will be a lot of finger pointing going on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by barm
As a long time GB fan it has always frustrated me that the Packers had 2 of the best QB's to ever play the game in Favre and Rodgers, but were too tight to give them the coaches and teammates that were needed to win championships. Those two should have had multiple Super Bowl wins instead of one each.
I am not a Green Bay fan, but I could not have said it better.

I don't think Love is the right successor either. They have been spoiled with great quarterback play for several decades. When they are not contenders there will be a lot of finger pointing going on.

This thinking blows my mind.

1. They aren't contenders WITH Aaron Rodgers.
2. You realize he's 40 right? Eventually he's not on the team and won't play forever. The team will do what it does - regardless of it AR plays 23 or 24.
3. SOMEONE will end up playing after him - regardless of when/how he leaves GB - Love or whomever, it's likely a step down. It's unavoidable but for all his MVP's the last 3 years, 3 other QB's playing lesser quality ball won the Super Bowl, hell GOT TO THE SB. You don't need AR to win a SB. Nick Foles FFS won one.

People act like there was some super guaranteed, "better than Rodgers" player available and they selected Love instead. Simply not true.

Me

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Been a Packers fan for better part of 4 decades. Lots of great, as well as regrettable moments and memories.... I think the Packers might have gotten the better part of this deal BUT, Bobmar hit the nail on the head above regarding Thompson's acid reflux with using free agency to allow injections of tier one talent where "and when" it was needed.

Was sad to see AR not go out as a Packer, but that was just Deja vu from the Favre era right?

Gonna give Love the chance to do his thing before making predictions, and having an extra 60 million freed up sometimes works in favor of team rebuilding.

Still called Titletown for a reason.

GO PACK!

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only NFL team I follow or watch is the Pack, so I'm not knowledgeable about how other teams have fared with new, young QBs. But with the possible exception of Mahomes, I don't know of a college QB who stepped into a pro position and succeeded immediately. I'm told there's a "Holy SCHIDT!" reaction to how much faster and harder pro ball is than college, and until that panic reaction wears off and a player adapts to the level of play, he's just not going to do well.

Love has had a good amount of time on the bench and practice field to acclimate. He's played in a few games and done reasonably well. He just might surprise folks. We'll see.

Proud to say I own a piece of the Pack.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The only NFL team I follow or watch is the Pack, so I'm not knowledgeable about how other teams have fared with new, young QBs. But with the possible exception of Mahomes, I don't know of a college QB who stepped into a pro position and succeeded immediately. I'm told there's a "Holy SCHIDT!" reaction to how much faster and harder pro ball is than college, and until that panic reaction wears off and a player adapts to the level of play, he's just not going to do well.

Love has had a good amount of time on the bench and practice field to acclimate. He's played in a few games and done reasonably well. He just might surprise folks. We'll see.

Aaron sat for three years behind Farve...he didn't just walk from college to starting in the NFL.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Aaron sat for three years behind Farve...he didn't just walk from college to starting in the NFL.

Yup, and after Farve went from the Jets to the Vikes he handed Rodgers his ass twice that year. It was 2009.

So Aaron wasn't terrific out of the gate. And we shouldn't expect JLove to be any different.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rogers may still have a couple of good years in him. If they wait a couple of years they will get little or nothing for him. This way they unloaded his salary and got draft pick. Now with salary cap space and the picks it will be interesting to see what Thompson can do. We will see just how good he is.

I remember when Aaron started. He would hold the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks. But he developed into a good quarterback. Now we will see how good Love is. Might not be a bad idea drafting another quarterback. Hopefully one will be good. If they are both good you can trade one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You simply have to have two QBs in case one gets hurt. As the Marines say, "One is none, and two is one."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You hit the nail on the head JamesJr!

As a person that played as a Middle Linebacker for 15 years, I know 1 thing for sure, Quarterbacks Do Not a Team Make.

Without great, blockers, half and fullbacks, and receivers the Quarterback is F'ed and I don't care who the quarterback is.

Without Linebackers, Cornerbacks, and Safeties the defense and the team is F'ed, especially in the NFL.

Football is truly a team sport and effort, without a full complement of excellent players your chances of willing the Superbowl is a BIG FAT ZERO!

It irks me that QB's get so much hero worship and praise since they are only 1 component of a team, far from heroes as far as I am concerned.

With that said I hope Brady comes out of retirement and plays for the Dolphins, for the simple reason that I enjoy watching records being set and broken smile

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/25/23.

KB

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (16penny, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.