Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Rona McDaniel has said there will be a question of every candidate on the primary debate stage if they will support the party's nominee.

Trump has always had a problem with that question.
That’s not what I remember.

I recall McRomney requiring all primary candidates to sign a Pledge stating that they would publicly endorse the nominee or they would no be allowed in the debates.

Trump has objected to this, as he should. Might be part of the reason why he is talking about skipping the Get Trump clown show.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday cast doubt on participating in Republican primary debates, which would likely hurt television ratings.

Citing a lack of communication, Trump said Republican leaders did not confirm with his campaign about his attending the debate to be televised on Fox News.

The first debate will take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel issued a statement on April 12, saying, “I am excited to announce that our first debate in Milwaukee will be in partnership with Fox News, Young America’s Foundation, and Rumble.”

But Trump cast doubt on whether or not he would attend the debate and questioned the selection of television network, which he said is “hostile” with “angry, TRUMP & MAGA hating anchors asking the ‘questions,'” he posted on Truth Social.

“When you’re leading by seemingly insurmountable numbers, and you have hostile Networks with angry, TRUMP & MAGA hating anchors asking the ‘questions,’ why subject yourself to being libeled and abused?” he questioned.

“Also, the Second Debate is being held at the Reagan Library, the Chairman of which is, amazingly, Fred Ryan, Publisher of The Washington Post. NO!” Trump said.

If Trump does not attend the debate, ratings are likely to decline. Trump declined to attend the January 28, 2016, debate after an infamous quarrel with moderator and former Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/25/donald-trump-casts-doubt-participating-gop-debates/

Good. Hope Trump tells Ronna McDaniel to pound sand. Trump IS the star attraction, with only Turtle's hand picked trained seals on stage, it will be a HUGE belly flop.

Oh my God.
“Oh my God!”, squealed the shrill shrew…

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BMT
Trump lost me when he made his forget the constitution remark.

He would have to defend that remark in a debate.

BMT

do you have a link for that ....would like to see that.....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Much like Biden, he has more to lose by doing a debate than he has to gain by doing a debate.........If Trump would just stick to his policies and stop with the name calling and banter he'd win by a landslide.......but then it would not be Trump.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fox and Rona can both get flocked,they r complete jokes now.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by centershot
Much like Biden, he has more to lose by doing a debate than he has to gain by doing a debate.........If Trump would just stick to his policies and stop with the name calling and banter he'd win by a landslide.......but then it would not be Trump.
He won by a landslide in 2020, even with his mouth.

2024 will be no different

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT
Yup. the current admin is following it to a T....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
In the first place, the debates are *not* debates. The media puts the candidate on stage and, if he's not the candidate the machine prefers, they work to make him look bad. The machine chooses the narrative.

No candidate should allow the machine to set the narrative.

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Pat85
Trump should schedule a MAGA rally for the days of these debates.
That's a great idea

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by steve4102

With only 53% of Republicans currently supporting the x president, maybe he should debate. Thanks for posting that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The only thing Chris Christie is going to win is a Hot Dog Eating Contest in New Jersey.

As for Haley, the only path for her to get into the White House is to apply for a job as a Chamber Maid, and Trump hires her.

TRUMP ALL THE WAY!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/27/23.

KB

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
ALL the moderators in the past Presidential and Vice Presidential debates have been Democrats so I quit watching them years ago. If they have a debate on Fax the moderators will either be Democrats or Rhinos.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by steve4102

With only 53% of Republicans currently supporting the x president, maybe he should debate. Thanks for posting that.
Waist of time in the primary.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He should partner with Elon and do a live event on that platform where he answers the questions asked of the those in the debate. Short of that, have a live podcast/youtube/twitter event where he commentates on the debates with some like minded, prominent folks. Kinda like the Fight Companions Joe Rogan does for the UFC events he isn't commentating. Ply the guests with all the booze they want and make it sporty!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pres. Trump can't win a presidential debate, republican or otherwise.
Will never be on an even playing field EVER !

Uncle Phil (Robertson) used to say about (crooked) duck call contests; " A real duck couldn't win a duck call contest"

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
He needs to do a blitz tv campaign during commercial breaks he’s got the funds

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
He needs to do a blitz tv campaign during commercial breaks he’s got the funds
Not Hardly

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think he is reffering to this:
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

do you have a link for that ....would like to see that.....bob

I think he is referring to this: [Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,725 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.