Print Thread
Hop To
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Pullits looked good, what are some other good turkey recipes?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The grandkids and I really enjoyed these.

Smoked Turkey Burgers
Serve these mouth-watering patties in traditional burger fashion, on a bun with all the trimmings – lettuce, tomato, onion, a sweep of mayo and any other condiments your heart desires. Makes four large or six medium-sized patties.

Ingredients
2 pounds ground turkey
1 minced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup (more or less) bread crumbs
1/4 cup spicy ketchup (or your favourite barbeque sauce for deeper flavour)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
Seasoned with salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Put all ingredients, except Worcestershire sauce, together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. If mixture is too moist, add a few more crumbs. If too dry, add another egg. It should have a typical patty consistency. Using your hands, form the mixture into patties. Place on waxed paper, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, and chill in the fridge for several hours.

Fire up your smoker according to directions for your model. I prefer apple chips for turkey, but you can use any flavour of chips you desire. Bring the smoker to a temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit.

Place the patties on a rack, spacing them well apart so smoke and heat can circulate. Put the rack in the preheated smoker.

Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I use a meat thermometer to ensure they have reached the recommended temperature for safe eating. Since there are many different makes of smokers on the market today, as well as homemade models, cooking times will vary.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Don't have a specific recipe, but my brother makes it on the grill basting with butter and vinegar. He might marinate a bit too. It'll make your tongue slap your brain out..... just saying.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Marinade in apple cider vinegar and old bay. Grill then slice into thin strips. Great as fajitas or quesadillas

I also like cutting a breast into nuggets and marinading in your favorite buffalo wing sauce then cooking in the air fryer

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I also like cutting a breast into nuggets and marinading in your favorite buffalo wing sauce then cooking in the air fryer

This is one of the favorites of my family only we don’t have an air fryer. If you’re going to fry it the traditional way in oil, a thinner wing sauce works better than the thick stuff so you can shake off the excess so it doesn’t pop and splatter so bad when it first hits the hot oil.

Last edited by TD5427; 04/27/23.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We chunk the breast into one inch cubes and season with pepper and Lawry’s. Cover in flour and deep fry. I like to sprinkle with hot sauce and dip in blue cheese.

CK
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When using the wing sauce, do you batter them after they are sauced?
I know on regular wings, you fry and then sauce them (or at least that is the way I have seen it done)
It does sound good but I would have to make a smaller portion size just for me as the wife does not like anything "hot"

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I don’t batter the ones I cook. Several years ago a group of us had a fish and turkey fry. My wife was eating low carb and asked if I would fry some marinated in wing sauce with no batter. Not only did she like them but but everybody else’s that tried them commented that they liked them as well if not better than the traditional seasoned, battered, and fried so I’ve continued to cook them without any batter for the last 15 years or so. I imagine they would be good battered and marinated in wing sauce as well.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I generally just cut the breasts in strips, bread, and fry, but a friend gave me a recipe for smoking. I got a Masterbuilt 560 smoker for Christmas that I love to use, so I smoked half the breast as a trial run. It turned moister and more tender than any smoked turkey breast I’ve ever had. I generally only eat dark meat, because the breast is always dry.
I’m planning to smoke the other half this week.

Smoked Turkey

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 80 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,721
Posts18,494,661
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.