Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pffft! Pretty weak try there, fruit cup. I'll come after you every time I see you post, commie.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
I think $50 licenses for residents in most western states is too cheap.

It's about time those 80-90% of all tags that go to residents cost at least as much as filling your truck up with fuel: $75+ for mule deer and $150+ for an elk tag. I doubt that will happen but some increase for residents is only reasonable - let's put that money to get more and better quality animals on the mountain.
You and longarm duke it out but if you think a tag increased cost will lead to more and better animals on the mountain your on dope, bad dope better get off of it while you can. In most states license and tag revenue go.back to the general fund. The dept of wildlife gets a budget from the legislature the extra will go to some pork project.. way it is...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hope isn't a strategy so I put my conservation dollars towards a bunch of life memberships, raffle tickets, auctions and donations. I volunteer and do what I can to help. If you have a way or insight into how the everyday sportsperson can make a better difference, love to chat or hear it. I have no experience on the funding/government side of things, I suspect that you are right that there is much waste in the system when it comes to licensing fees, but some states do a better job than others.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ideology goes so far then it's just plain bs. Get a job with a government agency keep your eyes open and ears tuned you will find out in a hurry what reality is. How politics constantly messes with engineers , biologists, and other professionals of ALL types to keep them from doing their best for the job needs. Nothing is better after a gov't fugs with it..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Add a couple digits to the front of that, make Montana deer tags somewhere north of $10,000 - should keep some of the riff raff out.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jfw042
Add a couple digits to the front of that, make Montana deer tags somewhere north of $10,000 - should keep some of the riff raff out.

I'd go along with that. It's mostly about killing for actually nothing more than sport by guy's that can afford it. Had a guy here years ago quit paying tresspass fees for elk on a local ranch because for the same money he figured he could hunt plains game in Africa. Of course in Africa he didn't get to keep the meat nor did he care I'd guess. I just wonder how many trophy hunter's would leave the meat here rather than recover it if they could?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WAM
Lefty, if NR tags are capped and prices adjusted per your post, CPW will eventually have to significantly increase the homeboy licenses and they will be whining about what happened to $40 elk tags. Outfitters, restaurants, motels, and all manner of retail outfits will lose significant revenue as well.

What a joke. CPW has far more money than it needs already to screw everything up already. The Wolf introduction will go on as planned. Wyoming and Colorado are nothing but grifters when it comes to wildlife management.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I always found it strange that western states changed out of state hunters to hunt on government land. My own state hunting license should be good to hunt on government land anywhere. Just like my drivers license is good to drive on public roads anywhere………Hasbeen.

It doesn't work that way. It's been hashed out countless times here on the fire. Talk about beating a dead horse. Geeze

That horse is not dead you airhead.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
The game animals, at least in Montana. have been ruled to be the property of the people of the state not a certain person and not the property of non residence. This does not mean the resdent can treaspass or paoch and must still get the proper license

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
The game animals, at least in Montana. have been ruled to be the property of the people of the state not a certain person and not the property of non residence. This does not mean the resdent can treaspass or paoch and must still get the proper license
Pretty sure the SCOTUS has made that clear for all states...

IC B3

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Pretty sure the SCOTUS has made that clear for all states...

They have. USO Outfitters tried to sue both AZ and UT because they limit non-res tags. USO claimed because outfitted hunts were legal and most clients of outfitted hunts were non-res then tags had to covered under the Commerce Clause and not state regs. SCOTUS said BS! It became a done deal with that case. States own the free ranging game animals and controls the tags regardless if the animals are on public, private, state or federal land. The only exception is animals classified as livestock and not free ranging game which is the case of exotics and things of that nature as well as totally captive herds.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.