Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 700LTR
Aren’t they trying to pass a bill allowing pedophiles to legally abuse kids?

Link?

Camp is where you make it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Link?
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by 160user
You couldn't pay me enough to live or work there.

Or even go there!

lol

LMAO. you go there more than I do and I live hours closer. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Link?

Or even go there!

lol

Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I dont think anybody lives there
Unless they're black and Somali... And whoever moves there better have some seriously good body armor.. Most of MN is ok, but that five-county metro area has become a cesspool of crime.. We hear about it every day/night on the newscasts..

Originally Posted by MILES58
If he's moving here for a job, he might keep in mind that we get 2-3 times the bad driving days due to weather than SE Wisconsin. Snow in September/October and April/May is not all that uncommon. That can make the daily commute miserable.
And the 'public transportation' that was touted to solve all the problems re: transportation etc., has become a #1 destination for the homeless and the thugs/vandals... One lady wrote a letter in the paper about how she took the "Green Line" to work and was in fear of her life.. She stated she'll never use that method of transportation again..

FWIW.

You read the paper from MN? laugh

I doubt her life was in danger, but I wouldn't take the light rail for transportation.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I live in the far west outer ring burbs. Used to go to nice restaurants in down town Minneapolis. Have not been in down town in five plus years and don’t know as I ever will go there again. Never have, never will ride the transit system. It’s extremely rare that I get inside 494.
For sure parts of the Minneapolis area are a sewer and unsafe. But there are parts that are livable, aside from the weather and oppressive taxes.
Kids and grandkids are here or I’d be gone.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Minneapolis "Shot Spotter" map will tell you all you need to know about where to live in the Twin Cities Metro area. This is an acoustic system that records gunfire in and around the Twin Cities. The area to the northwest of downtown Minneapolis is "da hood". Take a look -

Click Here

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Link?
just google Minneapolis democrats trying to make Pedophilia legal or normal ..a whole page of articles . i cant link put copy and pasted one article... The Blaze has an aricle also
Slay News
Democrat Bill Seeks to Make Pedophiles a Protected Class
Frank BergmanApril 27, 2023 - 2:40 pm10 Comments

Democrats in Minnesota have introduced a new bill that seeks to make pedophiles a protected legal class in the state.

State representatives introduced legislation this week that would end the exclusion of pedophilia from legal protections of sexual orientation in state law.

The bill was co-authored by Democrat legislator Leigh Finke, a biological man who claims to be a transgender “woman.”

Last month, Finke won USA Today’s “Women of the Year” award alongside Michelle Obama.

The state’s existing anti-discrimination law excludes sexual attraction to children from legally protected sexual orientations.

However, the Democrats’ bill, HF 1655, would remove that exclusion.

The bill describes itself as “removing certain sections in the human rights act that allow for discrimination based on sexual orientation.”

The phrase “‘sexual orientation’ does not include a physical or sexual attachment to children by an adult” would be struck from the legal definition of sexual orientation if the bill passes.

In Minnesota, sexual orientation is a protected legal class in areas of employment, housing, public accommodations, public service, educational institutions, credit, and business discrimination.

The legislation also creates a legal definition for gender identity.

It inaccurately specifies that gender may not match one’s biological sex and may not be visible to others.

Finke, who is listed first among the bill’s authors, is transgender and frequently speaks out against legal restrictions on child sex changes.

In response to blowback against the bill, Finke fired back in a statement on Twitter.

“The past 36 hours in this job have been the most difficult so far,” Finke wrote.

“I’ve been confronted, called the worst things possible, threatened with murder.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fox news has an article also... or google Minn. bill ( HF 1655

Last edited by rem shooter; 04/28/23.

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Smokey262
My son is moving to your city in July and is primarily looking in the SW part of the city around places called Triangle and Fern Hill. Are these decent places to live? Tks

Live across the river in WI and commute

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well if he has any kids they're going to eat well....check out the last names of all these people in named in this lawsuit your money by the way mad https://www.kare11.com/article/news.../89-d7dafbbd-9988-44a7-b1cd-d975c3499a15

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Stickfight
لقد زرت ولكن لا نصيحة له

You got that write.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Link?

Or even go there!

lol

I go to a game once every couple of years or so. Probably won't even do that anymore. My rabid fandom has dwindled a lot from it's peak.

Hey, don't you like work there every single day? lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
One of 'em, but 95% because of the NYT crossword..
I doubt her life was in danger, but I wouldn't take the light rail for transportation.
Her letter was in the Pioneer Press... Check it out. Keep in mind I'm only 20 miles from the MN border - and Washington County's the first one (of the five I mentioned above) I cross when I have to take wife to doctors' visits.. The news in this part of the state nearly all come from MN so I see the nightly carnage in the Murderapolis area EVERY day.. Wife's niece's BF had to go to the ER at North Memorial yesterday.. He had to wait TEN HOURS before they could see him because the docs were tending to the nightly gunshot victims..

Detroit's lookin' like a better vacation place than MPLS.. laugh

Last edited by Redneck; 04/28/23.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Her letter was in the Pioneer Press... Check it out. Keep in mind I'm only 20 miles from the MN border - and Washington County's the first one (of the five I mentioned above) I cross when I have to take wife to doctors' visits.. The news in this part of the state nearly all come from MN so I see the nightly carnage in the Murderapolis area EVERY day.. Wife's niece's BF had to go to the ER at North Memorial yesterday.. He had to wait TEN HOURS before they could see him because the docs were tending to the nightly gunshot victims..

Reading the Pioneer Press doesn't make it any better. laugh

20 miles...that means you live in a Minneapolis suburb. You can probably hear the bullets fly over your head. laugh laugh laugh

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

A friend is a neurosurgeon now retired and spent the majority of his time tending to emergency cases from the hood. First in Detroit then Minneapolis. He said the sad part of it is the hospitals and taxpayers pick up those tabs at an incredible cost.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by walt501
The Minneapolis "Shot Spotter" map will tell you all you need to know about where to live in the Twin Cities Metro area. This is an acoustic system that records gunfire in and around the Twin Cities. The area to the northwest of downtown Minneapolis is "da hood". Take a look -

Click Here

The expansion of the blacks went from Minneapolis to north Minneapolis ( after the Jews,poles, and Talions moved out) then followed broadway avenue up thru Camden, Robbinsdale, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Champlan. Now the state is pushing the title this and that recipients in all directions. Share the misery I guess.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
In terms of other similar sized or larger metro areas the Twin Cities has a lot going for it. You can live 30 minutes away from the downtown areas in affordable housing when compared to other metro areas. The traffic here is much better than most others. I used to drive to work 42 miles diagonally across from NW Mpls to SE St paul and it would generally take me 45 minutes as long as I offset a little from the rush hour, not many metro areas can you do that. Many professionals still choose this area due to the good schools so they don't have to spend the money sending their kids to a private school to get a good education.

Crime is not at all bad, once again compared to other metro areas, if we go out for a night in downtown I can park my car for $10 and have no concern that it will be stolen or towed away in a towing scam (a common NY city trick if you have out of state plates). Not have to spend $50 just to park a car makes a night out easier. You can find sketchy areas in the Mpls that you don't want to go at night but on average less than most places, I have walked in much worse in San Francisco, Chicago, ... The "ethnic" neighborhoods are generally safe for anyone they are not a free fire zone. The murders are primarily crimes of association so if you aren't in gangs, buying drugs, etc. your chances of getting shot are pretty darn small, the stats bear that out. Yes there has been an uptick in violent crime but if you are not associated your chances are slim to none of having issues.

Unless you were in a petri dish a few years back you saw the destruction the George Floyd riots caused, that was in a small isolated area and did not impact the quality of life for anyone not living in that area. You can drive around today and you would pressed to see changes from the riots unless you knew the area beforehand.

Medical services here are as good as you will find anywhere and better than most places, the influence of the Mayo Clinic and the U of M Medical School help bring in the brightest and best and keep them here. There must be some reason for them to and it sure is not the weather or the beaches as we have bad weather on both ends.

I talked with a national recruiter the other day who recruits senior engineers for the defense and medical industries and his comment was the Twin Cities are one the hardest areas to get people to leave for work elsewhere. The recruiter was in Montana so he did not have a hometown bias.

Do I wish I lived somewhere else, yes I would prefer living in a rural area again but employment opportunities keep my options primarily in metro areas so you choose what you feel are the best and make the best. Is it perfect where I live absolutely not but I live 15 minutes out of downtown Mpls and can walk out of my house anytime day or night and not have to worry about my safety or more importantly the safety of my wife as I used to be away 1/2 to 2/3 of the time for work and it was great that I did not have to worry about her safety at home or one her way to work. We have great neighbors that all pitch in when needed, what more can you ask?

I live in a suburb NW of Mpls.

My two cents after living here for 20 years and living and visiting many other metro areas in the US and abroad,

wade

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Osky
I am guessing the fellow is moving there to be close to work in Minneapolis and to that end he has chosen a good area to be in. 5 minutes to downtown depending on time/traffic. West of Minneapolis is the preferred direction of any hardworking, aspiring individual. The current problem with that is the city offices and planners. They are tearing down their cities with the lure of government title monies and equity crusades. Great areas of The Lakes, Edina, St. Louis Park, Minnetonka, Golden Valley….are swelling with brown crime and decaying schools. The better areas to be in now are outside the 494 loop. These areas are feeling the press too. I hope the son if he is working in the city negotiated for underground or enclosed parking. My youngest boy in the financial industry did some time down there and that was a priority and a very good one.Osky

It is indeed a job, and underground or garaged parking is a requirement for all interested parties. This is my youngest and it is a financial position. Thank you for your responses.

Originally Posted by walt501

Click Here

Thats interesting and valuable and has been shared with him. Thank you for your response

Originally Posted by wade brown
In terms of other similar sized or larger metro areas the Twin Cities has a lot going for it. You can live 30 minutes away from the downtown areas in affordable housing when compared to other metro areas. The traffic here is much better than most others. I used to drive to work 42 miles diagonally across from NW Mpls to SE St paul and it would generally take me 45 minutes as long as I offset a little from the rush hour, not many metro areas can you do that. Many professionals still choose this area due to the good schools so they don't have to spend the money sending their kids to a private school to get a good education.
(snip)
Unless you were in a petri dish a few years back you saw the destruction the George Floyd riots caused, that was in a small isolated area and did not impact the quality of life for anyone not living in that area. You can drive around today and you would pressed to see changes from the riots unless you knew the area beforehand.
wade

Truthfully when I think of Minneapolis Mr. Floyd's demise is right near the top of the list. I agree with your criteria for the highest possible quality suburban life and the employment opportunities available therein. Thank you for your response

Originally Posted by MILES58
If he's moving here for a job, he might keep in mind that we get 2-3 times the bad driving days due to weather than SE Wisconsin. Snow in September/October and April/May is not all that uncommon. That can make the daily commute miserable.

AWD and Blizzaks have been part of his upbringing, but you are right, we have been watching the weather up there since last fall and it sucks way more often up there than it does down here. Thanks for your response

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Removing pedophilia as a means to discriminate is disgusting. It's not just the twin cities. The whole state government is screwed up. I can't imagine giving tax money to that screwed up government!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.