Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18388092 05/01/23
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm buying a Canik 9mm off of my stepson for a good price because he doesn't use it and no longer wants it. It comes with a Holosight of some kind. Are these any good? All I know is they're made in Turkey

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a Canik CZ 75 clone. Been completely reliable and as accurate as I am.

Last edited by blairvt; 05/01/23.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I have a TP9SFX that's reliable and extremely accurate. They have a pre-cooked strikerfire trigger thats pretty good and a trigger job is a simple affair if you want better. The the slide to frame fit is a little loose on mine but it doesn't affect accuracy or reliability. IMO, great pistol at a good price. Canik's do have a "hood" gun reputation but they are great pistols.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds encouraging. Thanks

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm buying a Canik 9mm off of my stepson for a good price because he doesn't use it and no longer wants it. It comes with a Holosight of some kind. Are these any good? All I know is they're made in Turkey
Yes, they have an excellent reputation among those who know. A friend allowed me to shoot his, and I liked it, although the trigger wasn't very Glock like, so it took a little getting used to. It's a bit light and mushy, to me. But you can get used to it easily, and they are well made and reliable.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. Made in Turkey makes me nervous but these sound decent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a buddy that bought one about a month ago and after about 200 rounds down the pipe started having problems with the slide going into battery .Needless to say they are sending him a full refund, apparently they know about this problem. His was the Mete mc9

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks. Made in Turkey makes me nervous but these sound decent
Built in Turkey to very high standards for military and police contracts in Turkey.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that the Canik line is a great value. You get a lotta gun for the bucks, and that is a choke point for some hard core purists. I have some Caniks and find them to be, as stated above, accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, very good triggers, and well made.

There are some howevers, the barrel does have a tight set of specs on it and it can choke on reloads that are not very very well made and that barrel can also struggle with some of the 147g slugs. The length of the ammo could be a concern and if the 147g bullets that are long ones, can be an issue if that is your favorite flavor of 9mm ammo.

Would I buy another Canik if it fit into my master plan of firearm needs ? Absolutely yes. There is an alure to a shiny super blued $3,000 1911 which is very understandable. And for others there is a need for a functioning, affordable, great value in a 9mm handgun. Different needs and wants and both are OK.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of recent positive reviews on YouTube, and it seems the competition models are well, very competitive.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good to know as I am a 147 guy when it comes to the 9mm

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
My Tristar T-120, made by Canik, is the most accurate pistol I ever owned. The finish is superior to CZ. No decocker is one minor objection. I got to shoot the lead in striker model TP ?? that first arrived over here. It was quite accurate too and the trigger was superb. That particular one jammed on every brand of ammo offered, some of it quite cheap indeed, but not all. Good company. Good guns. Turkey is a NATO ally, ya know. That should allay all patriotic suspicions. We're in this together!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have four Canik's, 3tp 9 series - 1 c100 CZ 75 compact copy.
I would put any of them up against the other handgun for reliability. I have never had any ammo sensitivity with any and I've hand loaded literally thousands of rounds and shot through all of them 147 is my preferred bullet no issues at all....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Erdogan survived a coup. Remember when rebels took refuge at 🇺🇸 base. The Turkish military surrendered the base, cut off electricity and revolutionaries were quickly handed over? Later when Erdogan was in Warshington Turkish security kicked àsses of opposition protesters and left w/o facing appropriate consequences? Canik, Tisas,.... 💪

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
One of my sons got one early on, when they were practically giving them away. I think was the novelty of a gun so cheap. I think his original plan was just something for my grandsons to burn ammo with out back, but he was amazed when the kids couldn’t break it or get it to malfunction. Soon he bought two more, just because. He’s been very pleased with them and has them in the ccw rotation regularly.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redhill
I think that the Canik line is a great value. You get a lotta gun for the bucks, and that is a choke point for some hard core purists. I have some Caniks and find them to be, as stated above, accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, very good triggers, and well made.

There are some howevers, the barrel does have a tight set of specs on it and it can choke on reloads that are not very very well made and that barrel can also struggle with some of the 147g slugs. The length of the ammo could be a concern and if the 147g bullets that are long ones, can be an issue if that is your favorite flavor of 9mm ammo.

Would I buy another Canik if it fit into my master plan of firearm needs ? Absolutely yes. There is an alure to a shiny super blued $3,000 1911 which is very understandable. And for others there is a need for a functioning, affordable, great value in a 9mm handgun. Different needs and wants and both are OK.
Yup. It didn't like my 147's. You were right. 115's it is

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Redhill

Yup. It didn't like my 147's. You were right. 115's it is

interesting what kind of 147s did that not like? I've shot literally thousands in different ones with no issue. mine are all hand loads powder coated lead bullets..
and then I shoot some 147 xtps...
now to make the 147 powder coated bullets work through a Glock magazine in an ar9 I actually had to see them slightly deeper.. but they still ran just fine in the Caniks

Last edited by ldholton; 05/02/23.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
American Eagle 147's. It hung up three times trying to get through one magazine. I then tried 135 Critical Defense and it loved those

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
American Eagle 147's. It hung up three times trying to get through one magazine. I then tried 135 Critical Defense and it loved those
that would make sense 135 critical defense should be the same nose profile and design is the 147 hollow points I've shot..

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Have the comp with a dot sight, and Elite. As with all striker fired they can fire if not in full lock up. (reloads-why Glock doesn't like reloads). the Comp is really fast (in the IPSC sense) has a Holosun Dot.

If you do have a kaboom, ejector and the striker block, replacement parts are nonexistent.-- Soooooo buy 2 of them.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.