Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jbmi
I collect old Colt SAA's and often sit at my desk holding one from 1890 and wish it could tell me it's history.
There is one handgun I have that I'm glad it can't tell me anything.
1942 BYF.
I'm sure this one has some sort of "Panache

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Very cool.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Probably get laughed off the forum for this, but function has a certain amount of panache.

Our high school shop teacher would drolly proclaim when we brought our projects to him for grading, “ well, I guess there’s beauty in function.”

I’ve grown quite enamored of the Glock 44. After testing 15 varieties of ammo and several hundred rounds down range, and a fair pile of feral domestic rabbits done in, I’m pretty sold on it.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Didn't want to step on the PPK thread but it made me think of all the semi-auto handguns out there with true panache.

Not going to be the style Nazi, panache or style if you prefer can be whatever you think it is. But as a guideline, a Glock 17 or 19 does not have panache, no matter how much aftermarket stuff it's laden with. A plain jane, beat to crap 1911 that was carried through a war definitely does.

Also, try to limit this to semi-autos, we already know there is a plethora of DA and SA revolvers with panache.

So, let's see'em!

I'll start. Recently got this 1988 vintage Beretta Model 87, a single stack .22 in their Cheetah series. It's not the most accurate .22 I own but it holds its own. Mostly it's just a really neat little gun and brings me much pleasure to handle and shoot.

Il mio nuovo piccolo amico.

[Linked Image]

I was a wee bit surprised with your comment on the accuracy of the Model 87 in that it is lacking in some accuracy. Is that for this pistol in comparison to other .22lr autos that you have? Are those other autos more of a range only shooter?

I have heard from many sources that this Model is a champ in accuracy with an all steel frame with great engineering thrown in. I have been looking for one in the same shape as yours and enjoyed the photo thanks.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The "not the most accurate .22 I own" comment is literal, the Beretta is not as accurate as a pair of Ruger Mark III and Mark IV target models with Volquartsen triggers and red dot sights so that's not a real fair comparison.

To be honest I haven't really wrung out its full accuracy potential with a good rest, so far the only accuracy testing was shooting four different brands of ammo more as a function and POI check at an indoor range just kneeling down and laying my hands on the platform/bench at the shooting station.

But that Beretta is a lot more fun to shoot than the two Rugers - they are more for deliberate, make each shot count type shooting. With the Model 87 I find myself burning through 200 rounds rapid fire every time I take it to the range. Plus, it's just a really cool pistol. grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
As far as I am concerned, the S&W's best 3rd Gen that they ever produced came out of the old Performance Center. It was a rare version of a 4563. The .45 CQB, with a black finish. The guns were hand fitted and had a very tight Briley bushing setup. The example shoots little tiny groups, which, considering it is an aluminum framed 4" barrel gun is no small feat. The DA trigger is quite nice, and the single action trigger is the best I have ever seen/felt on a traditional DA/SA gun. It is truly exceptional. I have seen factory 1911s with more take-up than the SA trigger on this pistol.

Panache or Pancakes, I will take it!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.