Re: Humans Kill, Eat Wolf [Re: Klikitarik]

Interesting topic - really caught my attention. smirk

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by colorado
My God, what's hunting and hiking without a little excitement. Snakes and bugs kill more humans each year than all the grizzlies, mountain lions and wolves put together. Protect yourself, kill them in self defense if need be, hunt and manage them, but don't exterminate them. Or put on a skirt and play in the city park.

Chuck

laugh laugh laugh

You know, I had to look at the title three times to figure out what was different--hilarious!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

I mean I'm rolling here.

Let's see.....

--Those *&%#$#^&^%^ humans! The only thing they're good for is to kill things for pure pleasure.

--They ride around in packs, shooting anything that moves, taking the food right out of the mouths of our children.

--Heck, just the other day, a couple of cubs were playing out on the neighbors front den-porch, and a couple of those hunt-for-sport cretins snuck up and shot them! And then they laughed and joked about it, threw 'em in the back of the pickup and drove off. I bet they let the meat spoil too!

--You know those humans use little metal missles that rip into the flesh, tearing up organs, just for sport? What a terrible way to die!

--Why, they even do this to pregnant females!

--We need start managing these critters, before you know it, there won't be any moose/elk/muleys/whitetails/pronghorns/sheep/goats/caribou/
sparrows/lemmings or red-headed woodpeckers left for us.........

--I mean, those &^%$#^&* wolverines are the REAL problem--we should eradicate them--they don't have the same family values as us wolves.............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

That's why some recommend SSS.

"Super Sonic Shovelling?".....grins

bhtr

A.W.G.K.I.L....."a woofs godda know it's limitations"

Gotta love those acronyms!

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ol' Bearhuntd's best is :

DYSABs.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ol' Bearhuntd's best is :

DYSABs.

Bender's is:

DGTFDC...

best,
bearhunt'd

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Heh! smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MN DNR Div. of Forestry could not possibly care less about the wolves, they deal with managing the state owned timber resources. You're thinking of the the Div. of Wildlife, different division, dominated by an entirely different ideology. It could be taken a step further and even better defined by saying that the wolf situation in MN is a product of the Div. of Wildlife fools in the metro area. Then again, most of the problems in rural MN have ties to the metro area so I suppose it would be redundant to mention it in regards to the wolf situation.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sounds like three scrawny wolves were trapped in Rosehip last week.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ranger1,
Don't fret your little head off. The "wolf situation" in Mn is just fine. It will work out in Montana too. Of course, Montanans would rather I stay out of their business(clue).

There are many copies.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems your little buddy was a little confused about which agency regulates wildlife in MN. Personally, I really don't care what happens to the wolves in MN - just thought I'd redirect his frustration toward the correct agency(clue).

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heck, ranger! I don't care if ya comment. I was just being sarcastic. Everyone's viewpoint is welcome by me. I'm not like those nasty westerners(clue).
Dave is hopeless. smile I was going to help him out too, but really!!
Northern Dave,
Did ya hear that the TB zones are gonna be open for an extended season? 'Till January something.

And I do appreciate the comments from Alaska. I wish they and Canadians with wolf experience would help us out on the wolf topics in the lower 48 more often.

I'll get out now, and hopefully read more from Alaskans.

There are many copies.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There are reports they are beginning to move into this Canadian's "back yard".

I have no negative feelings about the reports they are spreading their range a bit.

In every area of B.C. I've hunted in where wolves were present - they were handled about like every other game species. If the biologists said their numbers are high - we have a more liberal season, both in duration and total bag limits. If they become scarce - we shorten the season, or allow fewer to be killed. Simple really.

The wolf has as much right to wander the wild parts of my province as I do, and as much right as any moose, elk, grizzly, coyote etc. When I hear or see them, I'm thrilled - just like any other wildlife I observe.

I sure don't see why they shouldn't be managed just like any other game animal. Keep the numbers at a decent level, and enjoy the hunting opportunities they provide.

That's the way I see it anyways, most of the people I hunt with, feel about the same way too.

I don't know what the fuss is about.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
exactly.

There are many copies.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
�I don't know what the fuss is about.�

BCBrian
I would answer by saying that......

The fuss is about whether they SHOULD be killed, HOW, they are to be killed, and the DIFFICULTY in doing so.

Apparently, just allowing hunters to shoot them, and trappers to trap them doesn�t reduce their numbers enough, to solve the problems caused by their overpopulation.

Smitty of the North

No amount of planning will ever replace Dumb Luck.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by ranger1
Seems your little buddy was a little confused about which agency regulates wildlife in MN. Personally, I really don't care what happens to the wolves in MN - just thought I'd redirect his frustration toward the correct agency(clue).

you got my anger meter pegged out ranger1.

I'm a lotta things, a father, a mentor, a husband, a friend, a United states marine corps combat veteran..... but lets get one thing straight cowboy.

I aint nobody's "little buddy"

my comments above were about a display inside of a visitor center which i belive was opperated by the forestry. a Q & A type of display of a full body mounted timber with a question & answer that stuck with me.

"will timber wolves harm humans?'

"absolutely not."

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My apologies, I responded to the tone of DPole's post in kind and in the process insulted you. Certainly weren't my intention...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It could be taken a step further and even better defined by saying that the wolf situation in MN is a product of the Div. of Wildlife fools in the metro area. .

Uhm, ranger; the "wolf situation" is a product of the Feds. So ranger, you insulted me (you are talking about some friends of mine in St. Paul), I unsulted you, you insulted Dave and I. So lets just forget that and listen to these northern guys talk wolves. We might learn something.

Dave,
Send me a PM as to where that display is. I'm pretty sure I could get it corrected. smile

There are many copies.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Will you fellas kindly kiss and make up already. Us Alaskan's don't take kindly to people hijacking threads that we had already hijacked! he he he

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Four years ago this week the "Town Pack" nearly killed my chocolate Lab. They did kill 14 dogs north of Ketchikan that winter. After Kona was attacked I talked with the ADF&G biologist at length, and we got a pro trapper to come in. He caught three, including the one that attacked Kona, and the dog killing stopped dead -- not one since then.

Focused predator control does, in fact, work when correctly applied.

Two weeks ago I climbed the high ridge north of my house and found five wolf tracks -- so they are back. Sooner or later they will start in on Fido again. And A.J, will come back and snare the miscreants again. And we will have peace in the valley for another five years.

It has ever been so...

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My apologies, I responded to the tone of DPole's post in kind and in the process insulted you. Certainly weren't my intention...

I just got a short fuse sometimes, thanks. My apologies out to all for further muddying a cool wolf thread. My post above about wolves "absolutely not" being capible of harming humans was in fun as I find it to be a rediculous statement.

I'll try to make up for it with a bit o show & tell (personal exp wiff da woofs)

Originally Posted by DPole
-snip-
Dave,
Send me a PM as to where that display is. I'm pretty sure I could get it corrected. smile

That would be very cool, I saw it years ago on that north shore drive stretch & it still bothers me today. I figure there isn't much harm in telling people things like "generally speaking, the wolves will avoid humans but be advised, they are wild animals & very capable killers." or something to that effect, but "absolutely not."??? what kind of answer is that? It's like Disney wrote that Q&A or something.

I don't think it was gooseberry falls but someplace close, I guess I was thinking it was on the west side of the highway rather than the east... I think i could drive right to it but I can't remember exactly what stop it was, cross river area? heck i dunno.

now, to try & help get the wuff emotions good or bad back on the tracks, I'll throw some gas on the "hater" side of the fence.

personally I just become easily irritated with the level of protection & the dreamy super fantastic & mystical immage that the wuff cuddlers spew forth. I find it irresponsible, misleading. running too far off in the hater direction is probably a bad thing too, (but that's still the side of the fence i want to be on). I prefer reality, what ever that may be. facts.

anyways, here's a couple of pictures of my lucky pooch from ... last year I think? timbers had been eating a lot of farm dogs in my area, cleaning up on pets, gus my black lab lucked out, must have pursued the famous "chase me I'm a wolf" invite out of the yard & experienced the "ok, that's far enough, now I'm gonna eat you." thing. The only thing I can think of is maybe young gus was either amazingly quick & slippery to get away or maybe they were still too close to the yardlight & the wolf was a bit distracted & uncomfortable in excercising his goals.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 55 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.