Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
I have been calling their service departments for 2 days. I keep getting a recording your call cannot be answered at this time. Bye.
Ruger service has always sucked for me, but this is unacceptable. We bought my older friend a new Wrangler for her birthday. She wanted a .22 pistol and picked out this one. When she was shooting it, I decided to put it on paper. She was shooting at rocks and water bottles. I found it shot low and left, but the worst was 4 of the 6 bullets keyholed at 10 yards. Now I can't get these clowns on the phone.
Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Molon Labe
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Never had a lick of trouble getting thru to Ruger. In over 15 years of calling them for sights, rings etc.

Maybe something is holding them up there.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Always heard good things about service at Ruger

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just to be curious, what number are you calling?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Did any of these work WCH?

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I have been calling their service departments for 2 days. I keep getting a recording your call cannot be answered at this time. Bye.
Ruger service has always sucked for me, but this is unacceptable. We bought my older friend a new Wrangler for her birthday. She wanted a .22 pistol and picked out this one. When she was shooting it, I decided to put it on paper. She was shooting at rocks and water bottles. I found it shot low and left, but the worst was 4 of the 6 bullets keyholed at 10 yards. Now I can't get these clowns on the phone.

That's a known problem with Wranglers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rug...610j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I like my Ruger rifles but ruger service sucks badly. Hey Ruger are you listening?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Did you try the online support request?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had such a bad experience with a Ruger #1 in 7x57 and their customer and engineering support that I have never purchased another Ruger product again and never will.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Step One: Buy a Ruger!

Seriously, have had good luck with #1 and #3, 10/22s, revolvers and the mark pistols.

Old guy, old guns.
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Needed a rear sight for a Hawkeye. Called, return call same afternoon, free complete sight assembly. I was ready to pay but they sent it free.

Have called them a few times, never had trouble getting through or any issues.

Ruger haters remind me of Leupold haters. Every Ruger firearm they get is terrible. I own more than a few dating back to 1978 and quite frankly haven’t had any problems with them that I didn’t create.

In aviation most untoward outcomes are pilot error just as I suspect most firearm substandard outcomes are traceable to a combination of unreasonable expectations and user error.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
My only experience with Ruger customer service was with my old Red Label Sporting Clays 12 gauge. This had been my duck hunting gun for over 20 years. One time I put it in my built-in gun racks in my duck boat out of its case and dented the vent rib.

I got the customer service number online, boxed up the gun and sent it in with a note saying it was all my fault, and I know the Red Label has been out of production for quite a while, but I would happily pay if they could repair that dent.

I didn’t hear a word from Ruger for over a month, I knew they received the package from my ups tracking, but was starting to worry. Just as I was about to call, my gun was returned to me in a new box with an invoice of no charge. According to the invoice and the looks of the gun, every single pice with exception of the stocks and receiver was brand new! New barrels and rib, trigger guard, trigger, lever, safety and all internal parts. That was five years ago and the gun is still going strong.

Needless to say, I’m a huge Ruger fan.

Last edited by GlacierJohn; 05/22/23.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

Try emailing them.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ruger has a stated policy that there is no warranty on their firearms. That said, they have taken care of me when I asked. During the 1980's I had a cylinder for a Single Six rust in the trunk of my car. A tail light wasn't sealed and water got into the trunk. I sent them a handwritten letter explaining, with a hand drawn illustration of the rust area. They sent my letter back with a notation on the bottom: please return cylinder; will refinish-no charge. I sent the letter with the cylinder, and sure enough, they refinished and returned the cylinder.

In the second case, the filler strips were missing on a Red Label shotgun I had bought used and the bluing was worn on the trigger guard. They required the serial number of the gun. I asked for a stainless trigger guard to match the receiver (I knew they made the Red Label in an all-stainless version) and they refused to sell me a stainless trigger guard. They said they would not sell parts for customization. The price for a new blued trigger guard was more than I wanted to pay, so I used cold blue on the one I had. They did sell me the filler strips and I installed them myself.

I have two Wranglers and wouldn't have been surprised if they had not been regulated. I bought one new and the other at a couldn't-pass-it-up price at a pawn shop. The new one was okay so I took the chance on the used one. Both are regulated exactly to the sights as it turns out.

Last edited by bearbacker; 06/08/23.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Needed a rear sight for a Hawkeye. Called, return call same afternoon, free complete sight assembly. I was ready to pay but they sent it free.

Have called them a few times, never had trouble getting through or any issues.

Ruger haters remind me of Leupold haters. Every Ruger firearm they get is terrible. I own more than a few dating back to 1978 and quite frankly haven’t had any problems with them that I didn’t create.

In aviation most untoward outcomes are pilot error just as I suspect most firearm substandard outcomes are traceable to a combination of unreasonable expectations and user error.
I'm not a Ruger hater but rather a fanboy of their revolvers, 22lr pistols and my 77 and Hawkeye rifles. That said Ruger CS in many ways sucks. Just my experiance.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have had a number of problems with Ruger, several of which necessitated sending the gun back. I've lost track of all of the issues I have had with them. When you read about the internet, you see the same recurring issues. Chambers on certain American Predator Rifles cut poorly. FTE on American Rimfires. A host of issues with the LCP 22 pistol. American rotary magazines not working. The 10/22 magnum was plagued with issues. Keyholing Wranglers. The list goes on.

Good customer service is getting it right the first time. Ruger all too often misses the mark there.

Generally they have a very good reputation for service after the sale and problem resolution.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've dealt with them exactly twice in the last 40 years, both times the issues were resolved quickly and correctly the first time.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have been sending e-mail for months. All delivered, none answered.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The writer wasn't claiming bad product across the board. He's complaining about poor Customer Service.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Many years back I bought a Ruger #1A in 7x57 at a gun show, Accuracy was terrible, more like from a full choke shotgun. About the only load that would work was a handload using the 175 gr. Hornady round nose and even then the groups were 3.5" to 4.0" Everything else was just all over the place. I took it to my gunsmith who did a chamber cast and found the throat was over 2.5" long; way out of specs. I sent the gun back to Ruger with a letter from my gunsmith stating the problem. When the rifle was returned it had a new barrel for sure, the stock had been refinished and it shot groups in the 1.25" range on average. I have a couple of handloads that usually do one inch or slightly less. My only gripe was it too them seven months before I got my gun back. I guess I had to wait for them to do a run of #1s or 7x57s to get the barrel.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 55 invisible), 3,212 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,129
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.