-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was sitting in the car in the parking lot while wife was shopping. Some Asian lady had n a BMW started to back out and just kept on coming. I blasted the horn but not before she hit the front of our Camry. Turned camera on video and climbed out to confront her. She freely admitted to not looking before she backed up.

Her insurance tried to split blame until I told him I was in a parked vehicle and had video of his insured admitting to guilt.

What looked like a minor scuff on the bumper was actually a $2300 repair to the front clip after we looked underneath

CK

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Had a coworker back into a parking spot with his manual transmission vw jetta, evidently left it in neutral, no parking brake. It rolled out of the parking space, took a right turn since the wheels were turned, proceeded to roll down hill and hit the front of my 3 month old At4. I actually have a video of it from our security cameras. Probably hit me at 5mph, Geico paid out 12k

Last edited by killerv; 05/02/23.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've never had it happen to me or my wifey smile. Shortly before dad gave up driving he backed into a car in the Walmart parking lot. The car came from nowhere when dad backed out of the parking space. Dad said the car was beat to hell. His insurance paid, but a couple of months later the driver of the other car was arrested and charged with insurance fraud.

He would cruise parking lots in an old beater car waiting for someone to back out then swoop in right behind them. He just took the insurance money and never fixed the car.

Now wifey has backed into several trees, mailboxes, utility poles and at least one other car. She had followed our daughter-in-law to the mechanic we use to give her a ride home after dropping off their car. As she started backing out of the parking space a guy with a Dodge Hellcat pulled in behind her. She put the hitch into his left quarter panel. I guess if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.

Our insurance company paid, but the guy just couldn't live with a Hellcat that had been hit so he sold it.

Last edited by JMR40; 05/02/23.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Yep. One of the aircraft maintenance guys backed into the rear of my Acadia.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No, but I got run over in an intersection once.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Had an old lady that hit a pizza delivery driver's car and they both stopped in our office parking lot. Cop took down what happened and left. She immediately backed her huge Cadillac into my car that was parked outside my office as I watched. She totaled my car and nearly totaled her Cadillac.

The cop had to come back and did a report. She was super old and they did a referral to the courts to have her license reviewed. She shouldn't have been driving. I had gone out to check on her after she pulled forward and she put her car back in reverse to hit my car again. She was totally out of it. I had to reach through the window to quickly put the car in park before it moved much. No telling if she would have come through the building on the next pass.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Got a friend of mine—local Justice of the Peace—he hears lots of minor misdemeanour type charges. Speeding tickets, seatbelt infractions, no insurance driving while suspended type of deal. He once had a non-insured motorist run into his brand new SUV in a Walmart parking lot. He’s a pretty easy going guy—cry a little and plead poverty in his courtroom and he will reduce most tickets down to nothing. Except ‘driving without insurance’ insurance—at least public liability is required by law.
You get caught driving without insurance hereabouts and it is going to cost you several thousand dollars.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Tundra seemed to be a parking lot target.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I picked up my brand new Silverado at the dealer. Drove to lunch to meet my buddies. We was all standing on the porch of the restaurant
Looking at the truck and some old man in a SUV turns into the parking space next to me and crashes right into the rear qtr of my new truck.
Im normally a gentleman but I could have killed that old bastrd. He wanted to take care of it outside the insurance as he said if he had one more claim or citation he would be done driving. I told him to download the App or Uber because he was done as far as I was concerned.

Funny but not funny.

My wife came out of Walmart last summer to find she'd been sideswiped while inside. The car was still parked next to her, white with her blue paint all over it. She called me, I told her to call the cops, the cops came. While the cop was there, the driver came out, saw what was going on and tried to drive away. The cops chased her down in a low speed chase, and corralled her in a vacant lot, the whole bit. Luckily it was her grandmas car and the grandma had insurance. She was cited for a number of things.

Last edited by BKinSD; 05/02/23.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was not moving when I was hit in a parking lot in 1970.
It turns out parking lots are legal dance floors.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No, but I got run over in an intersection once.

I was in the post office, damn old lady drove in, damn near hit me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Anyone that call their wife "wifey" deserves to get hit. LOL

when you call your wife Henry do we chastise you?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
yes just last week, back of drivers side wheel well , didn't even notice for 3 days.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Had a sweet 71 baby blue Mustang with a tuned 302 with dual exhaust. Pussy magnet. 8 track stereo and Jensen speakers, it was the first nice car I owned so I parked it way in the back forty at a Fleetwood Mac concert to protect it.

Sure as schit got back to my car and somebody had sideswiped it down the entire driver side. No note. I'm still pissed 45 years later.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve been hit a couple of times. The MFer drove away both times. I got hit a while back, need to get it fixed. I don’t think I’ve ever hit anyone. Someone hit Wifeys car a few years ago. Damn, she was mad.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Only once a few years ago and the guilty left a business card under my wiper to contact him for repairs.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hanco: Sadly (in more than one way!) I was at the Butte, Montana (many refer to this horrible town as the "anus of America"!) gunshow, several years ago, and when I returned to my car in the gunshow parking lot it had been "hit and runned" by MOST likely another gunshow attendee.
No note.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I picked up my brand new Silverado at the dealer. Drove to lunch to meet my buddies. We was all standing on the porch of the restaurant
Looking at the truck and some old man in a SUV turns into the parking space next to me and crashes right into the rear qtr of my new truck.
Im normally a gentleman but I could have killed that old bastrd. He wanted to take care of it outside the insurance as he said if he had one more claim or citation he would be done driving. I told him to download the App or Uber because he was done as far as I was concerned.

Curious what you got for diminished value, I had to get an appraiser to write a report concerning my 3 month old truck. Cost me 299, but it got Geico to come up from 800 to 4500 in diminished value. It was definitely worth the 299

Last edited by killerv; 05/03/23.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 77 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,148
Posts18,484,212
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.