Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How do you guys store this stuff, generally speaking? In plastic?

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
who have you known or found that has built real wealth from precious metal investing that didn't involve mining? real wealth isn't 250k in a 401k, LOL. I mean took their money invested in gold or silver and made enough to retire comfortable. that means at least 100k per year in retirement income.

I bet you can't find anyone. investing in gold or silver is great but its not a strategy for wealth. its a strategy to hedge against inflation or other things. its a store of value outside the banking system. gold and silver is investing for appreciation. you're speculating its going to be worth more in the future. Thats gambling in my book.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
who have you known or found that has built real wealth from precious metal investing that didn't involve mining? real wealth isn't 250k in a 401k, LOL. I mean took their money invested in gold or silver and made enough to retire comfortable. that means at least 100k per year in retirement income.

I bet you can't find anyone. investing in gold or silver is great but its not a strategy for wealth. its a strategy to hedge against inflation or other things. its a store of value outside the banking system. gold and silver is investing for appreciation. you're speculating its going to be worth more in the future. Thats gambling in my book.
Five thousand year track record.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't buy it to build wealth. I buy it to preserve wealth. I like to diversify and have hard assets, guns, gold, ammo, real estate, food storage. I tell people not to own more then 10-15% of their net worth in metals. Lately I just don't trust stock.

Bb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The ultra wealthy have always have gold and art for preservation. You can pack both up and take them with you when the peasants revolt and take over your castle.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Are you really saying that gold and silver aren't real wealth, but federal reserve notes are?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
If you like Gold, buy all the silver you can afford and when it reaches parity with gold after having been rigged for 150 or more years and Trump/Putin/Xi /Salmon and the BRICS destroy the COMEX and FED then sell the silver for $2000/Oz and then you can buy a LOT of gold.

Yeah, I know, but we have a short supply of silver and it's required for all modern electronics.

Clue: I think there is a reason JESUS CHRIST drank from a silver Chalice. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/09/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I don't buy it to build wealth. I buy it to preserve wealth. I like to diversify and have hard assets, guns, gold, ammo, real estate, food storage. I tell people not to own more then 10-15% of their net worth in metals. Lately I just don't trust stock.

Bb

Yeah, that's why i screwed up and didn't buy more gold at $280/Oz when it dropped from $800 years ago when i told my brother to because i had bought at $600.

Its a piss poor way to make money. whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Money changers still doing what they've always done..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NoDak
I do more silver than gold by probably 50 to 1. Silver is much better for using to barter if needed.

True That.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
In 2009 I had over 6000 ounces of silver. Then I did the Dave Ramsey get out of debt plan and sold a lot of it at around $14 an ounce. A year or two later it hit $48 an ounce. Every once in a while it makes a run. I felt that one was coming but listen to Dave. At least I'm out of debt and have several green plastic boxes to store stuff in. I sold 1000 ounces in one day at a gunshow in SLC back then. Came home with $14k of which maybe $500 was profit.

Bb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (007FJ, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,745
Posts18,514,518
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.