Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
I remember a guy saying that if you look at things purely from a sportsman's view, democrats try to take your guns and republicans try to take your hunting lands.

Not too incorrect.

What are some examples of Republicans trying to take hunting lands?

If you have to ask you best stick to pink spandex and bikes.

In the West I am aware of many land swaps, mineral leases etc.... but am unaware of any large public land sales or transfers to private parties...
But Buzz & Callnum claim they are numerous , yet fail to provide even a single example

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I believe the concern was over giving public land to states who would likely sell it when money is short in the future

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/03/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I remember a guy saying that if you look at things purely from a sportsman's view, democrats try to take your guns and republicans try to take your hunting lands.

Not too incorrect.

In the West I am aware of many land swaps, mineral leases etc.... but am unaware of any large public land sales or transfers to private parties...
But Buzz & Callnum claim they are numerous , yet fail to provide even a single example

They cannot give an example because there are none.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Any moron can google state land sold in Idaho.

Hint for the Boomers: Priest Lake.

Stick to peddle bikes and scooters Paul.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I believe the concern was over giving public land to states who would likely sell it when money is short in the future

yes ...this idea has been floating around forever.....and I do believe if the repubs had their way they would push it through.....bob

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any moron can google state land sold in Idaho.

Hint for the Boomers: Priest Lake.

Stick to peddle bikes and scooters Paul.

Pedal, you illiterate dipschidt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

yes ...this idea has been floating around forever.....and I do believe if the repubs had their way they would push it through.....bob
In the West that would be the end of their political career..... strawmen do not make for a good argument

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The land sale is a portent of what could happen if special interests are allowed to seize public lands....

https://www.wilderness.org/articles...-17-million-acres-land-private-interests

if you read this article, it is fear mongering fundraising grifting at it's finest....

Buzz & Callnum drink this schit up.... oh and make a few bucks of stuff like this. lmao

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The land sale is a portent of what could happen if special interests are allowed to seize public lands....

if you read this article, it is fear mongering fundraising grifting at it's finest....

Buzz & Callnum drink this schit up.... oh and make a few bucks of stuff like this. lmao

How many acres of state land that the feds gave to the western states have been sold off?

Take a look at Nevada, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, they sell it off for short term gain for the state trusts. That money is pissed away on all sorts of pet projects.

Read the study done out of Utah, if the feds gave the western states the land, they would have to sell the most valuable and best lands to be able to afford to manage the half that's left. For the record that study was funded with a appropriation by the Utah delegation that wanted to "prove" that the states could manage federal lands.

It's a bullchit idea that anyone with a single firing brain cells knows is hair brained and a total joke.

Thankfully BHA and most all the local hook and bullet orgs put a stop to that horseshit idea.

Public land transfer is purely a republican idea and is part of their platform. They own that stupid idea and for a vast majority of people that actually hunt, is a top priority for them at the ballot box.

The republicans are circling the drain, culture wars and giving away public lands to their wealthy donors is not helping their cause.

Catch a clue, if you dare.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Not too incorrect.

They cannot give an example because there are none.

Go look how many acres of state lands have been sold to private interests in Nevada. Pretty to easy to know what they would do with rest if the federal lands were transfered to them.

Study up Paul, check Montana, Idaho, Utah, etc.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdo...ecking-gops-plan-steal-your-public-land/

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/03/23.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Here you go Paul, Nevada received over 2 million acres from the feds, they sold all but 3000 acres.

NV land sell off

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Are you simply pointing out that the GOP is going down the drain, or are you sort of backing into, agreement that BHA is more of a democrat-run organization?

Not trying to stir anything up, just observing

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuzzH

How many acres of state land that the feds gave to the western states have been sold off?

Take a look at Nevada, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, they sell it off for short term gain for the state trusts. That money is pissed away on all sorts of pet projects.

Read the study done out of Utah, if the feds gave the western states the land, they would have to sell the most valuable and best lands to be able to afford to manage the half that's left. For the record that study was funded with a appropriation by the Utah delegation that wanted to "prove" that the states could manage federal lands.

It's a bullchit idea that anyone with a single firing brain cells knows is hair brained and a total joke.

Thankfully BHA and most all the local hook and bullet orgs put a stop to that horseshit idea.

Public land transfer is purely a republican idea and is part of their platform. They own that stupid idea and for a vast majority of people that actually hunt, is a top priority for them at the ballot box.

The republicans are circling the drain, culture wars and giving away public lands to their wealthy donors is not helping their cause.

When the subject of public land being sold of by Republican politicians I was thinking federal land.
Hadn't considered state land.
The thing about state land in Montana it is generally isolated 1 mile squares, occasionally a couple square are next to each other but that is the exception rather than the rule, usually surrounded by private ag land.
But if you exaggerate the threat it certainly makes for good fund raising...grifters will grift.
Oh and in Montana we aren't allowed to camp on state land, hunt and fish yes, with a portion of our license fee going to the state.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Are you simply pointing out that the GOP is going down the drain, or are you sort of backing into, agreement that BHA is more of a democrat-run organization?

I'm saying there are people, in particular public land users, that vote against ANY party or politicians that want to transfer federal lands to the states.

Period, end of story.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

When the subject of public land being sold of by Republican politicians I was thinking federal land.
The thing about state land in Montana it is generally isolated 1 mile squares, occasionally a couple square are next to each other but that is the exception rather than the rule, usually surrounded by private ag land.
But if you exaggerate the threat it certainly makes for good fund raising...grifters will grift.
Oh and in Montana we aren't allowed to camp on state land, hunt and fish yes, with a portion of our license fee going to the state.

You're full of chit as usual, you absolutely can camp on state lands in Montana, I do it every year. It's also bullchit that state lands are all isolated small parcels. All kinds of WMA's are large state holdings.

You can bullshit the fans, but not the players...you're out of your depth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm saying there are people, in particular public land users, that vote against ANY party or politicians that want to transfer federal lands to the states.

Period, end of story.
They vote that way because organizations such as yours instill fear in them.... so they vote for a Marxist and they are truly dangerous to liberty.
Manipulating people is an old political game... but hey if you can earn wealth doing so, what the hell? right?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Still want to lie about camping being illegal on state lands in Montana?

Clueless as per usual. Why do lie?

https://dnrc.mt.gov/TrustLand/public-use/Camping

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lol, lifelong .gov employees lobbying lifelong .gov employees for the good of private citizens.

It is for your own good, you are just too stupid to understand how they are helping you.

How many miles of National forest roads have been closed under Lloyd’s watch?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're full of chit as usual, you absolutely can camp on state lands in Montana, I do it every year. It's also bullchit that state lands are all isolated small parcels. All kinds of WMA's are large state holdings.

You can bullshit the fans, but not the players...you're out of your depth.

WMA's are in no danger of being sold period!!
And certain state parcels do not allow camping. And the vast majority are isolated 1 mile squares surrounded by private ag land!! any land status map will show that

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Backroads
Lol, lifelong .gov employees lobbying lifelong .gov employees for the good of private citizens.

It is for your own good, you are just too stupid to understand how they are helping you.

How many miles of National forest roads have been closed under Lloyd’s watch?

380,000 miles of open roads on national forest lands, I'd offer to draw you a map, but you can buy one.

You have a phobia of hiking boots?

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,411
Posts18,507,124
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.