Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by Backroads
Lol, lifelong .gov employees lobbying lifelong .gov employees for the good of private citizens.

It is for your own good, you are just too stupid to understand how they are helping you.

How many miles of National forest roads have been closed under Lloyd’s watch?

380,000 miles of open roads on national forest lands, I'd offer to draw you a map, but you can buy one.

You have a phobia of hiking boots?
How many miles of NF roads have been closed under your watch? Simple question for a public access warrior such as yourself.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
The land sale is a portent of what could happen if special interests are allowed to seize public lands....

https://www.wilderness.org/articles...-17-million-acres-land-private-interests

if you read this article, it is fear mongering fundraising grifting at it's finest....

Buzz & Callnum drink this schit up.... oh and make a few bucks of stuff like this. lmao

How many acres of state land that the feds gave to the western states have been sold off?

Take a look at Nevada, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, they sell it off for short term gain for the state trusts. That money is pissed away on all sorts of pet projects.

Read the study done out of Utah, if the feds gave the western states the land, they would have to sell the most valuable and best lands to be able to afford to manage the half that's left. For the record that study was funded with a appropriation by the Utah delegation that wanted to "prove" that the states could manage federal lands.

It's a bullchit idea that anyone with a single firing brain cells knows is hair brained and a total joke.

Thankfully BHA and most all the local hook and bullet orgs put a stop to that horseshit idea.

Public land transfer is purely a republican idea and is part of their platform. They own that stupid idea and for a vast majority of people that actually hunt, is a top priority for them at the ballot box.

The republicans are circling the drain, culture wars and giving away public lands to their wealthy donors is not helping their cause.

Catch a clue, if you dare.

When the subject of public land being sold of by Republican politicians I was thinking federal land.
Hadn't considered state land.
The thing about state land in Montana it is generally isolated 1 mile squares, occasionally a couple square are next to each other but that is the exception rather than the rule, usually surrounded by private ag land.
But if you exaggerate the threat it certainly makes for good fund raising...grifters will grift.
Oh and in Montana we aren't allowed to camp on state land, hunt and fish yes, with a portion of our license fee going to the state.

You're full of chit as usual, you absolutely can camp on state lands in Montana, I do it every year. It's also bullchit that state lands are all isolated small parcels. All kinds of WMA's are large state holdings.

You can bullshit the fans, but not the players...you're out of your depth.

WMA's are in no danger of being sold period!!
And certain state parcels do not allow camping. And the vast majority are isolated 1 mile squares surrounded by private ag land!! any land status map will show that

Very few state parcels are off limits to camping, changing your story when you spread misinformation. Typical liar and clueless hack.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Still want to lie about camping being illegal on state lands?

Clueless as per usual. Why do lie?

https://dnrc.mt.gov/TrustLand/public-use/Camping

Buzz, my concern is that you have not just come out and said you don't support the tranny/deep state/high taxes/let's go Brandon side.

And while you're free to think and feel how you want, it alarms me that BHA does seem to be more blue than red for sure

I agree with voting for your own concerns, and sometimes on a single issue. But there do not seem to be many conservatives on the board or leadership.

I am not a typical conservative, I am a libertarian. But democrats are a freak show of epic proportions and most people can say that on here pretty loudly.

You haven't. And I surmise it's due to your job and your need to appeal to a wide audience.

Which I get.

But on here, among fellow outdoorsmen, I would hope to see a lot less obfuscation.

I am a current BHA member, but pretty recently. Thought I was doing a good turn for the hunting world. Now I am questioning.

I am happy to admit when I am wrong...I hope I am not wrong on this. But it gives me pause

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/03/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Lol, lifelong .gov employees lobbying lifelong .gov employees for the good of private citizens.

It is for your own good, you are just too stupid to understand how they are helping you.

380,000 miles of open roads on national forest lands, I'd offer to draw you a map, but you can buy one.

How many miles of NF roads have been closed under your watch? Simple question for a public access warrior such as yourself.

Not enough, like I said go travel the 380,000 miles of open roads available to you. Not every acre of national forest needs a road through it just because you're too lazy to hike.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=irfubar]The land sale is a portent of what could happen if special interests are allowed to seize public lands....

https://www.wilderness.org/articles...-17-million-acres-land-private-interests

if you read this article, it is fear mongering fundraising grifting at it's finest....

Buzz & Callnum drink this schit up.... oh and make a few bucks of stuff like this. lmao

How many acres of state land that the feds gave to the western states have been sold off?

Take a look at Nevada, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, they sell it off for short term gain for the state trusts. That money is pissed away on all sorts of pet projects.

Read the study done out of Utah, if the feds gave the western states the land, they would have to sell the most valuable and best lands to be able to afford to manage the half that's left. For the record that study was funded with a appropriation by the Utah delegation that wanted to "prove" that the states could manage federal lands.

It's a bullchit idea that anyone with a single firing brain cells knows is hair brained and a total joke.

Thankfully BHA and most all the local hook and bullet orgs put a stop to that horseshit idea.

Public land transfer is purely a republican idea and is part of their platform. They own that stupid idea and for a vast majority of people that actually hunt, is a top priority for them at the ballot box.

The republicans are circling the drain, culture wars and giving away public lands to their wealthy donors is not helping their cause.

Catch a clue, if you dare.

When the subject of public land being sold of by Republican politicians I was thinking federal land.
Hadn't considered state land.
The thing about state land in Montana it is generally isolated 1 mile squares, occasionally a couple square are next to each other but that is the exception rather than the rule, usually surrounded by private ag land.
But if you exaggerate the threat it certainly makes for good fund raising...grifters will grift.
Oh and in Montana we aren't allowed to camp on state land, hunt and fish yes, with a portion of our license fee going to the state.

You're full of chit as usual, you absolutely can camp on state lands in Montana, I do it every year. It's also bullchit that state lands are all isolated small parcels. All kinds of WMA's are large state holdings.

You can bullshit the fans, but not the players...you're out of your depth.[/quote

WMA's are in no danger of being sold period!!
And certain state parcels do not allow camping. And the vast majority are isolated 1 mile squares surrounded by private ag land!! any land status map will show that

Very few state parcels are off limits to camping, changing your story when you spread misinformation. Typical liar and clueless hack.

It was not my intention to mislead or lie. I was going by memory of being told camping was not allowed on a certain piece of state land and mistakenly thought it meant all state land.
I use state land but not very often as it is almost not worth the effort as the hunting/fishing opportunities for me personally.
I apologize for the misinformation.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not enough, like I said go travel the 380,000 miles of open roads available to you. Not every acre of national forest needs a road through it just because you're too lazy to hike.

Lol, public access has been shrinking in NF ever since you got your Californian education.

Keep blaring the public access horn, you work in the agency that is continually reducing it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Still want to lie about camping being illegal on state lands?

Clueless as per usual. Why do lie?

https://dnrc.mt.gov/TrustLand/public-use/Camping

Buzz, my concern is that you have not just come out and said you don't support the tranny/deep state/high taxes/let's go Brandon side.

And while you're free to think and feel how you want, it alarms me that BHA does seem to be more blue than red for sure

I agree with voting for your own concerns, and sometimes on a single issue. But there do not seem to be many conservatives on the board or leadership.

I am not a typical conservative, I am a libertarian. But democrats are a freak show of epic proportions and most people can say that on here pretty loudly.

You haven't. And I surmise it's due to your job and your need to appeal to a wide audience.

Which I get.

But on here, among fellow outdoorsmen, I would hope to see a lot less obfuscation.

I am a current BHA member, but pretty recently. Thought I was doing a good turn for the hunting world. Now I am questioning.

I am happy to admit when I am wrong...I hope I am not wrong on this. But it gives me pause

I work for public lands, wildlife, wildlife habitat, hunting, fishing, and those things ARE my #1 priority and I make no apologies for voting for any politician that supports same. I also make no apologies for taking any politician to task that threatens any of my issues as well. And I won't vote for ones that don't support my priority issues.

It's that simple for me, I couldn't care less about the letter behind their name, it's whether or not they care about and support public lands, habitat, wildlife, hunting and fishing.

I've supported and voted for both R and D candidates if they align with what's most important to me.

Wyoming Governor Matt Meade (R(got my vote twice, he was awesome for habitat, sage grouse, wildlife, hunting, etc.

Wyoming Governor Dave Freudenthal (D) also got my vote for the same reason.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Fair enough. I can't be a single issue guy. Don't want to invite some guy into my home who says he is going to steal everything I own, but is gonna mow my lawn while he is here. I need a consistent stance on small govt, free markets, and personal freedoms.

Thanks for responding like you did. Was hoping you didn't take my honest questions as an insult.

I see you have outlined your own beliefs.

How do you feel they echo BHAs official positions?

I read their statement on their commitment to the 2nd amendment and I see a lot of pro gun talk.

But let's be honest about Tawney and others. It seems clear to me they are not simply open minded and waiting to see what candidate says what, in order to choose a side

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/03/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Lol, public access has been shrinking in NF ever since you got your Californian education.

Keep blaring the public access horn, you work in the agency that is continually reducing it.

Sorry pal, was born in Montana, 3rd generation and my degree in resource management is from UM.

Just because you have to hike to get there doesn't reduce your right to access it. Lace up those boots and get after it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair enough

Thanks for responding like you did. Was hoping you didn't take my honest questions as an insult.

I read their statement on their commitment to the 2nd amendment and I see a lot of pro gun talk.

But let's be honest about Tawney and others. It seems clear to me they are not simply open minded and waiting to see what candidate says what, in order to choose a side

You need to research Ryan Busse, he is a bigshot with the BHA and a gun control advocate. An advocate of the worst kind, he worked in the industry for years and now uses that as inside intell to destroy gun companies... the left loves him

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Fair enough

You need to research Ryan Busse, he is a bigshot with the BHA and a gun control advocate. An advocate of the worst kind, he worked in the industry for years and now uses that as inside intell to destroy gun companies... the left loves him

Ok but I have idiots who work for my company, too. Doesn't mean the whole company stands for what they do.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Fair enough

I think if you're going to be successful in long term goals, you have to be willing to put in the work to get your concerns heard and things going your way by learning to deal with ALL politicians. Every single one seems to be agreeable to some extent for things like hunting, fishing, habitat, funding things like lwcf, migration corridors.

You have to work on the things each politician or party is agreeable to work on that are on your list of priorities.

They all do at least some things that align on them with, other things we just won't ever agree on. That's ok, that's called life. But unlike a lot of these clowns on the campfire, you can't start a conversation with [bleep] you and expect to get anything done.

Some savvy that, most don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair enough

Ok but I have idiots who work for my company, too. Doesn't mean the whole company stands for what they do.
He is more than just an employee...

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Fair enough

Ryan Busse is no longer on the BHA national board and hasn't been for quite a while.

Fact.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair enough

Ryan Busse is no longer on the BHA national board and hasn't been for quite a while.

Fact.
Thanks for that info... was he asked to leave?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Fair enough

He is more than just an employee...

He's not an employee never was.

You think I'm compensated as a BHA State Chair? Hilarious, costs me money traveling and having to take vacation to attend meetings, committee hearings, commission meetings, etc. Never taken a dime of compensation of any kind for anything I've done for BHA, 100% volunteer. All the state chapters are the same, all volunteers.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Fair enough

Fugg more lies.

Busse has nothing to do with BHA now. Cripes can anyone on the fire tell the truth?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Fair enough

Fugg more lies.

Busse has nothing to do with BHA now. Cripes can anyone on the fire tell the truth?
Buzz already updated me... so was he asked to leave?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh and Calnum & Buzz, when Ryan was with the BHA, did either of you criticize his views on gun control?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh and Calnum & Buzz, when Ryan was with the BHA, did either of you criticize his views on gun control?

He worked for Kimber the entire time he was on the board, life memberships came with Kimber firearms, both rifles and handguns.

What was there to criticize?

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,319
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.