Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
9Legend Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looking for an unmolested 25-06 left hand. (Remington, Browning, Tikka) walnut stock preferred.

GB1

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Not for sale... just want to show it off a little!...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sako AV LH

Ignore the room... the wife does!

Good luck in your quest to find one! The 25-06 is my favorite caliber, next to .22!

You make a noise..., Mr. Forty-Four makes a noise, and his five little friends run a lot faster than you do!
9Legend Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That's slick. I like that

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 9Legend
Looking for an unmolested 25-06 left hand. (Remington, Browning, Tikka) walnut stock preferred.

I’m pretty sure Remington, Browning and Tikka never produced any 25.06 cal. rifles in Left hand…🤔🤷‍♂️

Ruger made a few in both walnut and pepper laminate….unfortunately, they put a heavy contour sporter barrel on it instead of their standard 24” sporter(which is plenty stout and perfect for the caliber).🥴🙁
If they had used the same contour they used on their M77MKII 7mm Rem Mag(24” standard sporter) I’d have purchased 2, one in walnut and one in pepper.

I will never understand why the bean counters at these companies can’t just put the bolt on the left side….leave everything else the same. We don’t need some fancied up, shiny, new rendition. Just give us something different than the 4 standard LH calibers(270, 30.06, 7mm Rem, 300 Win)…

Savage did it….only problem with Savage is, THEY UGLY!😁

Leftybolt

Last edited by Leftybolt; 05/04/23.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the OP, whenever I find a pair of LH .25-06's, I'll send you a PM letting you know which one I didn't buy. wink

Originally Posted by Leftybolt
I will never understand why the bean counters at these companies can’t just put the bolt on the left side…

They do this to taunt me. It's personal...

I’m pretty sure Remington, Browning and Tikka never produced any 25.06 cal. rifles in Left hand…🤔🤷‍♂️

I think you can add .257 Roberts, .300 H&H Magnum & .35 Whelen to that list. If it's a classic that I have an unexplainable attraction to, then I can't have it. I let a LH Sako .25-06 slip through my fingers years ago & it has haunted me ever since.

Ruger made a few in both walnut and pepper laminate….unfortunately, they put a heavy contour sporter barrel on it instead of their standard 24” sporter(which is plenty stout and perfect for the caliber).🥴🙁

These are about the only LH .25-06's I rarely see that I keep passing on. It sucks to shoot left-handed (I'm right-handed) AND be picky about what you want. I do have some options. Unfortunately, I don't like any of them.

If I could find antelopedundee's rifle above & skeen's favorite hunting hat from the recent Deer Hunting thread, I would be the most stylish hunter in the woods. This would be an awesome combo if I wanted to be the talk of my hunting camp!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 9Legend

If they had used the same contour they used on their M77MKII 7mm Rem Mag(24” standard sporter) I’d have purchased 2, one in walnut and one in pepper.

I will never understand why the bean counters at these companies can’t just put the bolt on the left side….leave everything else the same. We don’t need some fancied up, shiny, new rendition. Just give us something different than the 4 standard LH calibers(270, 30.06, 7mm Rem, 300 Win)…

Savage did it….only problem with Savage is, THEY UGLY!😁

Leftybolt

I don't understand that mentality either since they were already making all of the components for the right hand line. How effen hard would it be to just grab a .25-06 barrel or .280 Rem barrel and screw it into a LH action? If nothing else offer itas special order of some type. They did charge $20 or $25 extra for the LH. More than likely it didn't fit with their mass marketing scheme.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I have a lefty 25/06 Savage with a detachable magazine.
It has a replacement barrel without the barrel nut.
I bought it used about 15 years ago and know nothing about the barrel or who installed it.
But it does shoot pretty well with 115 gr handloads.
Rebarreling a Savage action would be an easy solution.
Also a Remington action today can be done using the same technique, and possibly others as well.

9Legend Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Remington did make a LH bdl in the 25-06 for a short period. (I think it was in the 70's) I'm not 100 percent sure on the Tikka, but Browning does make a LH 25-06 in the x-bolt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by yobuck
Rebarreling a Savage action would be an easy solution.

Going to Shaw Custom Barrels website & building a .25-06 off of a LH Savage action is always an affordable option I have available to me:

https://www.shawcustombarrels.com/rifles/the-mk.-vii-gen-ii-custom-rifle/4

I really have everything that I need. So I'm just being really picky & selective about what goes into the last few available slots in my gun safe. It gives me an excuse to look at everything that's available and play "what if".

IC B3

browning definitely makes lefties in 25-06, because I own one - a-bolt stainless stalker…

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,062
Posts18,501,268
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.